Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

What an absolute shitshow. What absolute bastards.

Yep, that's it for me. Not staying up late to watch games any more. It'll probably do me good. Feel sorry for everyone who went to the games but won't any more.

Can't decide if I'd prefer 50k for the first game of the season on Sky giving abuse the type that West Ham did or an empty stadium. Or maybe I've just totally given in on the club now and couldn't care less either way. All of Rafa's requests were for the benefit of the club and moving it forward yet they chose not to. Says it all. Ah f*** it.

Empty. This was inevitable.

Let’s stop going to the damn games.

SSN seem to think he’s off to China for £25m a year.

Even for that amount, I seriously can't see a manager like Rafa going to China.

That will be the Mike Ashley/KBA propaganda machine kicking in, beginning to paint Rafa as greedy/demanding and wanting away for the money.

What an absolute shitshow. What absolute bastards.

Yep, that's it for me. Not staying up late to watch games any more. It'll probably do me good. Feel sorry for everyone who went to the games but won't any more.

That will teach him  :lol:

I wonder what BZG think of all this.

There’s a chance they could be behind it

It does strike me odd that they announced it a week early when they usually love to drag this kind of stuff out until the last minute. Sure, there are a lot of plausible reasons why, but it does still seem out of character.

Whats really painful for me is that, even though ive been supporting this club for basically my whole life, ive never been to Newcastle. Ive seen them play live in Norway once (i live in Sweden) but decided long ago that i wouldnt be paying money to see them as long as Ashley remains the owner. Call it a silent protest if you will.

This year i actually decided to come. I was looking forward to coming over, perhaps to meet a few of you here and drink a few beers.. Sadly i wont, Rafa leaving really feels like a close one dying, which, in the circumstances, perhaps is what has happened. Newcastle, the club, is basically dead to me.

One day the club will be what it was supposed to be, until then, im out.

What an absolute shitshow. What absolute b******s.

That will teach him  :lol:

:lol:

Upcoming season is a write off already can anyone actually see us doing anything other than getting jumped every week

No manager

No coaching staff

No striker capable of scoring goals

No tactics to counter act the gulf in class and ability between us and opponents

Players who upped their game for Rafa not arsed anymore

This will be worse than 88/89