Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I’m not sure how much funds are really related to the contract talks TBH, Ashley doesn’t want to spend whatever the circumstances are. If Rafa had signed I think he’d still be getting minimal money.

Rafa won't sign unless fund is guaranteed.

I’m not sure how much funds are really related to the contract talks TBH, Ashley doesn’t want to spend whatever the circumstances are. If Rafa had signed I think he’d still be getting minimal money.

Rafa won't sign unless fund is guaranteed.

I agree, but funds won’t be guaranteed.

Guest reefatoon

Spanish federation president says that we offered Rafa to manage Spain at the world cup

Ashley is desperate to get shot of him like.

Spanish federation president says that we offered Rafa to manage Spain at the world cup

Jesus wept

“When I sacked Julen I immediately called Hierro and told him I didn’t want to make any changes. Two days later a letter arrived from Newcastle saying ‘Are you interested in our coach? He’s at your disposition.’ We said thanks but no,” Rubiales told Spanish radio station Cadena COPE on Tuesday.

“We would have never done that, we couldn’t hire Benitez because it would have been acting in the same way for which we reproached Julen.”

Jesus wept

“When I sacked Julen I immediately called Hierro and told him I didn’t want to make any changes. Two days later a letter arrived from Newcastle saying ‘Are you interested in our coach? He’s at your disposition.’ We said thanks but no,” Rubiales told Spanish radio station Cadena COPE on Tuesday.

“We would have never done that, we couldn’t hire Benitez because it would have been acting in the same way for which we reproached Julen.”

:pokerface:

Everything is for sale.  Everything.

"If you dont want Rafa we have a few table sets going spare from our conference rooms, only used once"

Bet they thought it would distract him from his transfer targets. Ease the pressure like, make him the excuse. When that didn't work it became needs to sign a new contract.

They binned Allardyce off wehn he thought he was going into the meeting to talk about transfers in the Jan Window.  He was sacked  :lol:

Anybody that challenges Ashley gets moved on or has to walk due to not being able to work in those conditions.  :dave:

No. The fact that he turned down two contracts from the club clearly shows who really got the power. It isn't a secret that Ashley wanna force Rafa to sign the extension by limiting the funds. To me it is pure desperation because if ultimately this pissed Rafa off and he walked, we are left with a team heading to relegation and no manager would come to save us. Ultimately it would be Ashley who got the hit again. Rafa can easily find another club to manage given his record last year.

The game is still in Rafas hands. It's true that we failed to spend huge on one to two star players to bring us to the next level. However I would say Rafa has managed to sign the players we needed for consolidating our status in EPL.

If Rafa has given up, he could easily do nothing and wait for one year. Now we got a reliable GK, a new CB, an established midfielder, a competitor for Ayoze (finally), Kenedy for at least another year, and another EPL proven striker in the expense of one that failed to perform (Gayle). These are extremely important signings.  Our team is no longer a Championship quality team, despite we spend nearly nothing.

I think that's what he is doing tbf.

Jesus wept

:mackems: