Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

:whistle:

He’s getting frustrated....think we all are.

He's not helping himself playing centre backs at left back with Sterry on the other side. Good luck trying to play football with them bringing the ball out. We've got some fucking horrendous footballers in those positions.

:lol: Who the fuck else was he supposed to play at full-back? Yedlin and Dummett absolutely cannot be risked, as evidenced by the backup brigade on show tonight (and at Cardiff).

Aye, I suppose we need to keep them fresh so we can wheel them out for the hammering against City on Saturday. I think I'd rather have won today tbh.

Resting players for a game we are gonna get beat in anyway and for the big relegation battle and we aren't even out of August. No aim other than to exist in the pl and then we get 11 years of wank and knocked out on purpose runt he cups. That's rafas hat trick now oxford and forest twice. Shite

Remember the slaughtering Pardew and the rest of the shite used to get?

I do and rightly so. Rafa has to take the same as it's no different. No excuses for it. Last season was bad enough but to go back to the same venue and same round and for it to happen again. Not good enough that Rafa. Anything beyond our best 11 and our squad is that poor we will obviously struggle. Scary how people were looking forward to seeing sterry and longstaff. How much longer do we have to throw cup games to find out our young players aren't pl standard!? They will be at Blackpool and Gateshead soon whilst our next few academy players get us knocked out the fa cup 3rd round 2020 at Lincoln

giphy.gif

For those that want Rafa out - just wait when he does leave, because the club will implode and it will be even worse than 2009. He's the only thing that's been holding it together for the last 2 years.  He's great coach, and whilst he's not perfect (who is), he's not a fucking miracle worker either. Ashley has hollowed the club out and there's close to being fuck all left. Perhaps that's what is needed ultimately to get a change of ownership?

Rafa needs to make his mind up for me and if he has no intention of signing a new contract then he should go now rather than later I mean what is the point in him hanging on for a few months. its like staying with a woman that has no interest in you being around or doesn't want you. You don't put yourself through that you just fuck off for the sake of yourself

For those that want Rafa out - just wait when he does leave, because the club will implode and it will be even worse than 2009. He's the only thing that's been holding it together for the last 2 years.  He's great coach, and whilst he's not perfect (who is), he's not a fucking miracle worker either. Ashley has hollowed the club out and there's close to being fuck all left. Perhaps that's what is needed ultimately to get a change of ownership?

Yep. The next manager will be chosen by Keith Bishop. It could be Allardyce. It could even be another one of his associates like Souness. It will be a train wreck and the opportunity to unite unanimously against Ashley will be gone.

Hallelujah at last then we might finally get some zombies waking up against Ashley! This all needs tearing down, hit rock bottom and get Ashley out then we can start again. Sooner that all happens the better. Anything else and we just carry on like this for 10 years

Championship with a new decent owner or pl with Ashley?

We’d have been better off keeping Mbemba, Merino and Mitrovic than making a few of the signings we’ve made like.

Agree

Definitely. I get his hands are tied and we are shopping in the bargain bin but best off spending nothing than paying 5m for Joselu, 9m on muto, 5 manquillo etc

An agreeable statement on paper, but Rafa couldn't work with two of them, and the other had a release clause activated and seemingly wanted to move, so there's not much we could have done other than look for the best replacements possible with the limited resources we had. Ashley's shortcoming, at the end of the day.

Rafa needs to make his mind up for me and if he has no intention of signing a new contract then he should go now rather than later I mean what is the point in him hanging on for a few months. its like staying with a woman that has no interest in you being around or doesn't want you. You don't put yourself through that you just fuck off for the sake of yourself

Yep. I said that months ago too

Do you give any thought to him hoping that Ashley might sell, that's why he's staying in the hope we are sold.

We’d have been better off keeping Mbemba, Merino and Mitrovic than making a few of the signings we’ve made like.

Maybe the poor bastard thought he'd actually get to spend some of that money.

Yep. The next manager will be chosen by Keith Bishop. It could be Allardyce. It could even be another one of his associates like Souness. It will be a train wreck and the opportunity to unite unanimously against Ashley will be gone.

Rafa has been here 2.5 years and there dosent seem many uniting against Ashley and the stadium is full. It Might well take him leaving for people to unite against Ashley

Rafa isn't untouchable and we've started the season poorly irrespective of the transfers. He has to get them playing better than this.

However the cup record under Ashley has always been pitiful. It's literally been drilled into every single person associated with the club for over a decade that cups do not matter. It's got to be hard to simply turn that off, and our lack of squad depth is the biggest problem. The manager can't afford to risk too many senior players, simple as that. Whilst I believe Rafa disagrees with this approach (and dickheads like Pardew were complicit in it), the situation is exactly the same in reality.

He has had plenty of transfer windows here before this summer to know how it works. He was totally shafted and missed his holiday last summer. If he was gullible enough to fall for it again more fool him

I'm sure he knew he would get none of it though he's not a moron

Rafa isn't untouchable and we've started the season poorly irrespective of the transfers. He has to get them playing better than this.

However the cup record under Ashley has always been pitiful. It's literally been drilled into every single person associated with the club for over a decade that cups do not matter. It's got to be hard to simply turn that off, and our lack of squad depth is the biggest problem. The manager can't afford to risk too many senior players, simple as that. Whilst I believe Rafa disagrees with this approach (and dickheads like Pardew were complicit in it), the situation is exactly the same in reality.

He can't disagree with it that much as he has played weak teams and gone out to lower league teams 3 times already. I don't even see the argument about not risking players, risk them from what? Even how the team plays dosent feel important now as it's just Ashley who wins by staying on the gravy train. Any debate about the team and possibly progressing is a waste of time as we know it will just be sabotaged

He has had plenty of transfer windows here before this summer to know how it works. He was totally shafted and missed his holiday last summer. If he was gullible enough to fall for it again more fool him

I'm sure he knew he would get none of it though he's not a moron

I dont think he knew that. I'm pretty sure most people here in May were expecting us to spend a lot more and we've seen over 10 years of Ashley.

Hallelujah at last then we might finally get some zombies waking up against Ashley! This all needs tearing down, hit rock bottom and get Ashley out then we can start again. Sooner that all happens the better. Anything else and we just carry on like this for 10 years

It might take a mackem-style plunge into League One to rid ourselves of Ashley. If it starts costing him big money, after he's asset stripped everything else, he will look to get rid.  Annoyingly, we are going to have to wait another 8 months to see where last year's TV cash has disappeared to. You can bet there will be some more creative accounting going on!

Do you give any thought to him hoping that Ashley might sell, that's why he's staying in the hope we are sold.

That's not going to happen man, I genuinely believe the club isn't for sale because if it genuinely was someone would have took it. Its all Ashleys games saying its for sale to give us idiots hope

It might take a mackem-style plunge into League One to rid ourselves of Ashley. If it starts costing him big money, after he's asset stripped everything else, he will look to get rid.  Annoyingly, we are going to have to wait another 8 months to see where last year's TV cash has disappeared to. You can bet there will be some more creative accounting going on!

If the fans aren't going to wake up and unite against him then that's what it will take. That's the stage I'm at now the sooner we get this started the sooner we are rid of him. Anything else just keeps him here and us as a zombie club. Like I said even if Rafa signed a new deal tomorrow we would still be in the same situation for 3 more years due to Ashley.

Surely to god at least 20,000 of our crowd feel strongly enough to march en mass pre match or not turn up to one match or go in after 30 mins.

:whistle:

He’s getting frustrated....think we all are.

He's not helping himself playing centre backs at left back with Sterry on the other side. Good luck trying to play football with them bringing the ball out. We've got some fucking horrendous footballers in those positions.

:lol: Who the fuck else was he supposed to play at full-back? Yedlin and Dummett absolutely cannot be risked, as evidenced by the backup brigade on show tonight (and at Cardiff).

Aye, I suppose we need to keep them fresh so we can wheel them out for the hammering against City on Saturday. I think I'd rather have won today tbh.

Resting players for a game we are gonna get beat in anyway and for the big relegation battle and we aren't even out of August. No aim other than to exist in the pl and then we get 11 years of wank and knocked out on purpose runt he cups. That's rafas hat trick now oxford and forest twice. Shite

Remember the slaughtering Pardew and the rest of the shite used to get?

Genuine question, do you think it is best for the club to get Rafa Out or get Ashley Out if you had to choose.

Because if you say Ashley you are undermining your own point of view by focusing your ire on Rafa.

Getting Ashley out needs to be the utmost priority. We can worry about Rafa if still underperforming under new ownership (in the unlikely event that we even get that far)

He's consistent on Rafa, and having a go when we play badly, and on occasions rightly so.

But one thing he never ever does,is answer these types of questions.

Just like what you asked,and before you others have asked who he would replace Rafa with, you never get an answer.

That's not going to happen man, I genuinely believe the club isn't for sale because if it genuinely was someone would have took it. Its all Ashleys games saying its for sale to give us idiots hope

I tend to agree but Rafa might have that hope, that and the man has honour. He has honour to his players, some he persuaded to come here, honour to the fans and to himself.