Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The quality of premier league teams has improved dramatically over the last 10 years , hence clubs spending a lot of money just to keep pace. We haven't done that and are just being cut adrift with the gap growing forever wider

ATM it doesn’t sit well with me that he’s calling out the club to be ambitious but yet shows none himself on the pitch. It’s obviously now trickling in to the players and the fans, whether they agree with him or against. He needs to push us forward, you can’t do that with constant negativity, even if the situation has dealt you a shit hand, make the most of it.

Feel like we’re a beaten club, top to bottom, even the fans aren’t allowed to hope for better , we’ve got to know our place and just survive.

Only he can break this imo, hopefully when the fixtures ease off this happens, but last night was telling, once you are in a negative rut it’s hard to get out of.

Exactly. Obviously Ashley is 95% to blame for all of this but Rafa was bleating on about having to field a weak team in the cups and it's gonna be a long hard season etc etc. No reason not to play the best 11 last night and get through. I thought Oxford was a one off but it has happened twice since then as well.

Thing is there is nothing to break. It's done, we are finished. There is zero hope. The only thing that should be happening and could make a difference is mass protests but there is zero appetite for it as most our fans don't get it and aren't that fussed about Ashley. They are just as bad as him for me for allowing it.

2pm every matchday there should be a March of thousands protesting it should go from Rosie's bar and stretch right back past the gate and march all the way up under the Milburn stand. Easy to arrange  and people should be chomping at the bit for it. No chance of it happening with our fans though.

I seen one mug last night interviewed wearing a fucking wonga top on about the match and zero mention of Ashley. There are another 40,000 like him and that's why Ashely gets away with it year after year. It's that simple

ATM it doesn’t sit well with me that he’s calling out the club to be ambitious but yet shows none himself on the pitch. It’s obviously now trickling in to the players and the fans, whether they agree with him or against. He needs to push us forward, you can’t do that with constant negativity, even if the situation has dealt you a shit hand, make the most of it.

Feel like we’re a beaten club, top to bottom, even the fans aren’t allowed to hope for better , we’ve got to know our place and just survive.

Only he can break this imo, hopefully when the fixtures ease off this happens, but last night was telling, once you are in a negative rut it’s hard to get out of.

Exactly. Obviously Ashley is 95% to blame for all of this but Rafa was bleating on about having to filed a weak Telamon the cups and it's gonna be a long hard season etc etc. No reason not to play the best 11 last night and get through. I thought oxford was anone off but it has happened twice since then as well

You really are the most tedious cunt on the internet, aren’t you? How many times do you have to repeat the same lines as articles of faith that are in fact contestable or even fallacious? “No reason not to play our best XI” is a lie you have repeated a dozen times or more. “Rafa is doing harm by seeing out his contract” is so many different kinds of bullshit it makes me puke.

So, like, every casual guest on NO knows how you feel. Thanks for sharing. Can you give it a fucking rest now?

1 left back, 1 fit right back, no attacking midfielder to replace shelvey when needed... and thats just for starters.

ashley has truly fucked rafa.

Yep. It's crowded in central defence though, it's almost like we sign a player when we somehow manage to get a deal through, rather than following a transfer strategy and filling the yawning holes...

Exactly. Obviously Ashley is 95% to blame for all of this but Rafa was bleating on about having to filed a weak Telamon the cups and it's gonna be a long hard season etc etc. No reason not to play the best 11 last night and get through. I thought oxford was anone off but it has happened twice since then as well

You really are the most tedious cunt on the internet, aren’t you? How many times do you have to repeat the same lines as articles of faith that are in fact contestable or even fallacious? “No reason not to play our best XI” is a lie you have repeated a dozen times or more. “Rafa is doing harm by seeing out his contract” is so many different kinds of bullshit it makes me puke.

So, like, every casual guest on NO knows how you feel. Thanks for sharing. Can you give it a fucking rest now?

There is no reason not to play the best 11 you idiot

Guest reefatoon

Rafa looks defeated at the moment. It all seems to be getting to him at the moment and you can't blame him one bit for feeling like that.  After every game so far he just looks absolutely sick of his life. It must be so toxic in and around it all mind, you can see it in the way the players are performing too. looks like everyone has given up already.

Guest covmag

Exactly. Obviously Ashley is 95% to blame for all of this but Rafa was bleating on about having to field a weak team in the cups and it's gonna be a long hard season etc etc. No reason not to play the best 11 last night and get through. I thought Oxford was a one off but it has happened twice since then as well.

Thing is there is nothing to break. It's done, we are finished. There is zero hope. The only thing that should be happening and could make a difference is mass protests but there is zero appetite for it as most our fans don't get it and aren't that fussed about Ashley. They are just as bad as him for me for allowing it.

2pm every matchday there should be a March of thousands protesting it should go from Rosie's bar and stretch right back past the gate and march all the way up under the Milburn stand. Easy to arrange  and people should be chomping at the bit for it. No chance of it happening with our fans though.

I seen one mug last night interviewed wearing a fucking wonga top on about the match and zero mention of Ashley. There are another 40,000 like him and that's why Ashely gets away with it year after year. It's that simple

ffs  :hmm:

What isn't right about that like?

Rafa looks defeated at the moment. It all seems to be getting to him at the moment and you can't blame him one bit for feeling like that.  After every game so far he just looks absolutely sick of his life. It must be so toxic in and around it all mind, you can see it in the way the players are performing too. looks like everyone has given up already.

That was obviously going to happen though weeks ago. I said that. I barely even watched the Spurs game as it was going to be a total dead season. I knew he would be like this, he doesn't need it deserve it which is why I said it's best if he left weeks ago. Poor bloke

Guest covmag

What isn't right about that like?

mate, 24-7 isn't what we wanna hear man, cheer up, log off and forget about nufc if its making you miserable all day , we get that you hate FMA but constant constant ranting is OTT ( and yes i can be a miserable fucker too)

There is no reason not to play the best 11 you idiot

It's like you don't know what a retarded thing that is to say. "No reason"?

Every single selection that you didn't approve of had at least one good reason behind it in Rafa's mind. Here's an example:

Sterry needed to play more than Yedlin. "Evidence" that this is a good reason is provided in the match thread, when someone remarked how he played well enough to provide competition for Yedlin going forward. A reason. A good reason, even.

I don't know Rafa's mind, but I could guess at reasons - good reasons - for every selection that you might suggest Rafa got wrong. Even Darlow, which was the most dubious for me, was acceptable, because keepers get splinters in their asses.

No reason indeed. Rafa weighed each decision, did a cost-benefit analysis for each of the eleven players.

Regardless of the agreeable reasons for Rafa not signing a new contract, any sensible well run club would have contingency for a worrying dip in form, in this case money unspent in case an early pay off is needed, and transfer budgets set aside until January.

Looking at it from a PR perspective as I’m sure Ashley will be speaking to Bishop, the best moment to give Rafa the boot is within the next three weeks.

Personally I think Allardyce or another KBA associated shithouse manager being in place for Palace on 22nd September is now a very real possibility