Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Wolves should have lost - Man City hit the post enough times and goal wasn't a goal.

Newcastle should have at least drawn as Pen wasn't a pen.

Rafa's tactics were spot on imo.

Still think people are ignoring the fact that our ball retention was the worst it’s been in a long time. Players learn how to pass and we would have had a lot more of the ball. It wasn’t tactical to have so little possession.

Aye i commented during the game how Ritchie and Murphy at the time had no awareness of players around them and kept losing the ball, chuck in Ki and Mo playing sloppy balls as well. Rafa himself said after the game we had to keep the ball better, it wasn't a let them have it back as soon as we get it thing, just poor play from us in possession a fair bit.

Diame has not started the season well and I hope he's not going back to his old ways.

Still think people are ignoring the fact that our ball retention was the worst it’s been in a long time. Players learn how to pass and we would have had a lot more of the ball. It wasn’t tactical to have so little possession.

Aye i commented during the game how Ritchie and Murphy at the time had no awareness of players around them and kept losing the ball, chuck in Ki and Mo playing sloppy balls as well. Rafa himself said after the game we had to keep the ball better, it wasn't a let them have it back as soon as we get it thing, just poor play from us in possession a fair bit.

Diame has not started the season well and I hope he's not going back to his old ways.

Aye, i can see a Ki/Shelvey pairing as we go on if Mo carries on the way he is. He's still getting stuck in but his use of the ball is so poor, mind you he's not alone in that.

He is what he is, a limited player who cost relative peanuts. He's actually done a decent job for us breaking play up, but you aren't going to get a midfielder who can do that and then spray the ball around for £5m. Just one of the areas we really did need an upgrade in quality, and I don't dislike him as a player.

Aye. i can see a Ki/Shelvey pairing as we go on if Mo carries on the way he is. He's still getting stuck in but his use of the ball is so poor, mind you he's not alone in that.

You're right but I don't see Ki as the answer either to be honest - can't complain on a free transfer but he is just a meh signing really - it's where we are at though.

He is what he is, a limited player who cost relative peanuts. He's actually done a decent job for us breaking play up, but you aren't going to get a midfielder who can do that and then spray the ball around for £5m. Just one of the areas we really did need an upgrade in quality, and I don't dislike him as a player.

I thought second half of the season he was excellent and looked a 20 million plus player but you're right he's not.

Aye. i can see a Ki/Shelvey pairing as we go on if Mo carries on the way he is. He's still getting stuck in but his use of the ball is so poor, mind you he's not alone in that.

You're right but I don't see Ki as the answer either to be honest - can't complain on a free transfer but he is just a meh signing really - it's where we are at though.

Yeah we needed to spend, even the amount we brought in but as you say it's where we are. So frustrating as you can see we're so close with a little ambition and common sense. (Obviously sloth has to sell up for that to happen)

Conveniently failed to mention that if the referee's got the calls right wolves would have lost and we would have drawn.

10 - 20 year ago that tackle would have not been giving by any referee but unfortunately now the so called 'scissor tackle' as they were referring to would get nearly every referee giving it as a penalty.

Conveniently failed to mention that if the referee's got the calls right wolves would have lost and we would have drawn.

10 - 20 year ago that tackle would have not been giving by any referee but unfortunately now the so called 'scissor tackle' as they were referring to would get nearly every referee giving it as a penalty.

Loads of them won't be given though, against us they will obviously.

Yeah we needed to spend, even the amount we brought in but as you say it's where we are. So frustrating as you can see we're so close with a little ambition and common sense. (Obviously sloth has to sell up for that to happen)

Never going to happen without massive changes and the only way I can see it will is a mass boycott by fans not going (and I'm talking 000s). Maybe happen when Rafa departs this Summer and if we are relegated but even then I'm not convinced. It's an impossible situation currently really and the fans themselves are starting to argue more and more between themselves as to tactics, signings etc etc due to the current state this club is in thanks to Ashley.

Nothing against any of our summer signings, they all look like they could do a job, but none of them have really took us forward. Ki and Rondon feel like squad fillers not game changers. Schar and Fernandez likewise, they look like decent signings, but it's a squad built for survival and covering our bases rather than kicking on and aiming to go anywhere.

Nothing against any of our summer signings, they all look like they could do a job, but none of them have really took us forward. Ki and Rondon feel like squad fillers not game changers. Schar and Fernandez likewise, they look like decent signings, but it's a squad built for survival and covering our bases rather than kicking on and aiming to go anywhere.

Agreed unfortunately and it will never change whilst that arsehole is involved.

Agreed. As Rafa said on Friday, we've improved the squad, but remains to be seen whether we've improved the team.