Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

He’s getting frustrated....think we all are.

He's not helping himself playing centre backs at left back with Sterry on the other side. Good luck trying to play football with them bringing the ball out. We've got some fucking horrendous footballers in those positions.

He's not helping himself playing centre backs at left back with Sterry on the other side. Good luck trying to play football with them bringing the ball out. We've got some fucking horrendous footballers in those positions.

We should play some imaginary signings.

I get it, he's not allowed to buy players of any quality, but it's galling to think he's been here two and a half years and those are the sort of players he's having to field.

And whose fault is that!? We have horrendous sub standard players all over the pitch and have done for years. 80% of our squad have no business been at Newcastle United

That's what I was saying too. 3rd season in and the 3rd cup exit with a weakened team and having to sign players from the bargain bin still. Even if he signs a 3 year deal tomorrow it means nowt as it will be no different to the last 3 years of bargain shopping and keeping sports direct in the pl on a shoe string

I get it, he's not allowed to buy players of any quality, but it's galling to think he's been here two and a half years and those are the sort of players he's having to field.

:lol: Who the fuck else was he supposed to play at full-back? Yedlin and Dummett absolutely cannot be risked, as evidenced by the backup brigade on show tonight (and at Cardiff).

:lol: Who the fuck else was he supposed to play at full-back? Yedlin and Dummett absolutely cannot be risked, as evidenced by the backup brigade on show tonight (and at Cardiff).

Aye, I suppose we need to keep them fresh so we can wheel them out for the hammering against City on Saturday. I think I'd rather have won today tbh.

:whistle:

Aye, I suppose we need to keep them fresh so we can wheel them out for the hammering against City on Saturday. I think I'd rather have won today tbh.

Resting players for a game we are gonna get beat in anyway and for the big relegation battle and we aren't even out of August. No aim other than to exist in the pl and then we get 11 years of wank and knocked out on purpose runt he cups. That's rafas hat trick now oxford and forest twice. Shite

I'm not too sure the 11 was that bad, but our football was fecking dreadful, if you are to criticise Rafa that's where it can be aimed, the football is horrid at times.

Yet we will play well on other days and that is down to cheaper players being inconsistent, bit of both imo. Sure as shit though, if you give Rafa proper funds he'd buy better players and the football is then better and more consistent.

Resting players for a game we are gonna get beat in anyway and for the big relegation battle and we aren't even out of August. No aim other than to exist in the pl and then we get 11 years of wank and knocked out on purpose runt he cups. That's rafas hat trick now oxford and forest twice. Shite

Remember the slaughtering Pardew and the rest of the shite used to get?

Not from you though. Weird.

He has to take some of the blame for tonight like. I still love him but he will get it wrong occasionally

3 out of 4 this season isn't 'occasionally'

Neither is 3 times out of 3 seasons in the cups. Oxford and forest x2. Soon as I heard him talking rubbish  last week about having to play a weakened team in the cup and as soon as I seen that team tonight it was obvious we were going out again and weren't they fussed

How many seasons do we have to field sub standard players and teams in the cups and surrender

I'm not too sure the 11 was that bad, but our football was fecking dreadful, if you are to criticise Rafa that's where it can be aimed, the football is horrid at times.

Yet we will play well on other days and that is down to cheaper players being inconsistent, bit of both imo. Sure as shit though, if you give Rafa proper funds he'd buy better players and the football is then better and more consistent.

Said it already in the match thread, but that 11 was bad. I don't think Forest would have been looking to buy too many of that starting line up.

Did Rafa tell Kenedy and Atsu to play really badly? Rafa makes mistakes like everyone does but hardly anyone in the team played well. Is Rafa not getting the players fired up enough?

Can see the fact he's only here for months being a problem as the season goes on if we are at the shit end of the league. Like players, managers shouldn't be allowed into their final year.

Said it already in the match thread, but that 11 was bad. I don't think Forest would have been looking to buy too many of that starting line up.

I get that tbf, i just think the 11 should have played better football, just shit all round.

Genuine question, do you think it is best for the club to get Rafa Out or get Ashley Out if you had to choose.

Because if you say Ashley you are undermining your own point of view by focusing your ire on Rafa.

Getting Ashley out needs to be the utmost priority. We can worry about Rafa if still underperforming under new ownership (in the unlikely event that we even get that far)

I do and rightly so. Rafa has to take the same as it's no different. No excuses for it. Last season was bad enough but to go back to the same venue and same round and for it to happen again. Not good enough that Rafa. Anything beyond our best 11 and our squad is that poor we will obviously struggle. Scary how people were looking forward to seeing sterry and longstaff. How much longer do we have to throw cup games to find out our young players aren't pl standard!? They will be at Blackpool and Gateshead soon whilst our next few academy players get us knocked out the fa cup 3rd round 2020 at Lincoln

I get that tbf, i just think the 11 should have played better football, just shit all round.

The football we've played has been horrendous in every match bar the opener. I was looking forward to playing Cardiff and Forest because I thought it would be our level and we might express ourselves a bit more. But no, we've looked like a team Tony Pulis would be proud to put out.

Genuine question, do you think it is best for the club to get Rafa Out or get Ashley Out if you had to choose.

Because if you say Ashley you are undermining your own point of view by focusing your ire on Rafa.

Getting Ashley out needs to be the utmost priority. We can worry about Rafa if still underperforming under new ownership (in the unlikely event that we even get that far)

Ashley by a million miles. I like Rafa and would love him to stay and be the one to bring success with a normal owner. He has to do better than these pathetic cup exits though i thought It was just pardew who did that. I was shocked at oxford but thought it was a one off. I was wrong

As I've said I just don't like him here in this state that we are in as he doesn't deserve it and it's just a wasted season and delaying the end game. Literally all we have is the 0.01% chance of a takeover this season