Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Can't wait until the televised game against Man City when the pundits all line up to complain about Rafa's negative tactics.

It's on BT, they usually don't. Didn't last season and had a go at Ashley for it, not Rafa.

Rightly so. Ki and Diame as a stating cm pair for NUFC in 2018 in the premiership is utterly tragic

Who would you play there?

As much as his incessant moaning about Rafa annoys me too, I have to back tube up on this and suggest he was referring to Ashley only allowing us to have that midfield and not upgrading our options rather than Rafa's choice of pairing(He has no choice!)

I'm on holiday so not that active atm but as much as I'm a fan Ki was fucking disgusting against Chelsea like. Absolutely fucking horrible.

[emoji38] What on earth?!

Ki was poor, he's a clear downgrade on Merino.

We couldn't really do much about losing Merino, that was his decision. As for Ki, I'm hoping that was just a case of getting used to how we play, it's obviously a lot different to how Swansea set up.

Yeah not blaming anyone really, just my opinion that he's a worse player.

I think the issues were that he's not Shelvey on the ball, and off the ball be was also really bad. Couple of strand out awful moments where he looked laughably off the pace. Fingers crossed he'll use that as a lesson and drag himself up to speed.

Can't wait until the televised game against Man City when the pundits all line up to complain about Rafa's negative tactics.

It's on BT, they usually don't. Didn't last season and had a go at Ashley for it, not Rafa.

Rightly so. Ki and Diame as a stating cm pair for NUFC in 2018 in the premiership is utterly tragic

Who would you play there?

As much as his incessant moaning about Rafa annoys me too, I have to back tube up on this and suggest he was referring to Ashley only allowing us to have that midfield and not upgrading our options rather than Rafa's choice of pairing(He has no choice!)

I'm on holiday so not that active atm but as much as I'm a fan Ki was fucking disgusting against Chelsea like. Absolutely fucking horrible.

:lol: What on earth?!

Ki was poor, he's a clear downgrade on Merino.  14 successful passes, only two forward, and manged to win 23% of his duels.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/sfhx4w.jpg

Is Merino’s away to Liverpool last season available as a fair comparison since we used similar tactics? Would be interesting to compare.

Merino's passes

http://oi66.tinypic.com/50jewp.jpg

Won 33% of his duels

5/2 successful dribbles 40%

Also 8 interceptions

Ki had zero successful dribbles, and two interceptions

Fairly comprehensively worse performance imo

Amazed it's not been mentioned just how poor Ki was tbh. Stood out a mile.

Guest reefatoon

Amazingly, to wank over Wolves, people have not mentioned the Wolves "goal" that was actually a hand ball.

Who's wanking over them? They played well and got a point against the strongest team in the league. It was you who said they should have been beat 5/6 nil.

Rod is an absolute fruit basket, pay him no heed

Merino's passes

http://oi66.tinypic.com/50jewp.jpg

Won 33% of his duels

5/2 successful dribbles 40%

Also 8 interceptions

Ki had zero successful dribbles, and two interceptions

Fairly comprehensively worse performance imo

Amazed it's not been mentioned just how poor Ki was tbh. Stood out a mile.

He got panned in the match thread, probably people were a bit easy on him with it being his first outing. You'd have to hope there is a lot more in his locker otherwise it would be a pointless signing. I suppose he provided nuisance value in that he was running around a lot trying to close players down, without actually winning the ball much. But a coach like Rafa might value that, defensive work is positional as much as tackling these days.

Thanks reefa.  On a serious note, Wolves were absolutely twatted.  I am amazed that anyone saw it otherwise.  Their defence is abysmal.  I will put my neck out and say we will confidently take 4 points from Wolves.  Yeah, yeah whatever, bookmark it.

I normally don't take much notice who I am argu... debating with but are you lot the same ones who think Jordan Henderson is "world class?"  Fucking arseholes.  You know nowt!

I normally don't take much notice who I am argu... debating with but are you lot the same ones who think Jordan Henderson is "world class?"  Fucking arseholes.  You know nowt!

I think you're after Super Duper Branko Strupar[/member]

We didn’t have much choice tbf he was quite set on leaving

He wasn't highly rated here, I think he ended up the victim of looking worse because he had wasters like Butt, Owen and Martins in the team at the same time. Didn't Souness say he we wouldn't get anywhere buying a team of James Milners when he was boss?

We didn’t have much choice tbf he was quite set on leaving

Think it was more the fat cunt again with his lies if I remember. Keegan didn't want to sell him but was told that they had Schweinsteiger lined up which was total fabrication.

Tbh...part of the reason they won't win the league is because of the likes of Henderson and Milner, nowhere near Salah and co...i also don't think they have particularly good CB's apart from Van Dijk.

Nah, James Milner was told to me in folk law from a Man City season ticket holder. They said the trio of him, Aguero and Silva was the best trio of players that they had beyond anything else in the world and in their team. They would take the pee and Milner's recent tackle turned an opposition tackle in to a goal for his team so I kind of understand how underrated he is from this perspective.

Two seasons with Robson and I think he would have been a much better player. While he’s done pretty well I think he wasted his early years at us and Villa.

Was he not PFA Young Player of the Year at Villa? Or have I made that up?

Two seasons with Robson and I think he would have been a much better player. While he’s done pretty well I think he wasted his early years at us and Villa.

Aye, won it the year we went down.

Remember him playing like a man possessed vs Coventry for us and Martin O'Neill was in the crowd

Guest firetotheworks

By the way, this mighty Wolves team were torn apart by Man City and it should/could have easily have been 5 or 6 goals to City.  Wolves got lucky, don't try to twist the truth.

They weren't like. They played well and got a draw.

Was gonna say, I watched it and they weren't lucky at all unless you count the three times they hit the post, with one of them being as a result of them being carved open.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] Aye, he was arguably at his peak at Villa as well.

Can't help but feel Rafa's comments during the summer around lack of investment, not getting players he wanted, us being in relegation fight etc. is having a slightly negative impact on the players already here as it's a dig really. He wants better players than most that's here so it's hardly a great message for them. Throw in on top the squad bonus argument and current bad form, does feel like it all collectively it is just making a mess which we are slumping from. Tonight should have been the game where we dust down and put in a shift, even with the likes of the line up we put out we should have done much better.

Still firmly believe we will get it sorted and be better, but tonight was fucking pathetic and Rafa's totally at fault for not doing better. Looking very grim for our next few fixtures, may even take in to October to start picking up some decent points.