Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If the fans aren't going to wake up and unite against him then that's what it will take. That's the stage I'm at now the sooner we get this started the sooner we are rid of him. Anything else just keeps him here and us as a zombie club. Like I said even if Rafa signed a new deal tomorrow we would still be in the same situation for 3 more years due to Ashley.

Surely to god at least 20,000 of our crowd feel strongly enough to march en mass pre match or not turn up to one match or go in after 30 mins.

Pretty sure the turnstiles close around 20 minutes after kickoff...

Rafa needs to make his mind up for me and if he has no intention of signing a new contract then he should go now rather than later I mean what is the point in him hanging on for a few months. its like staying with a woman that has no interest in you being around or doesn't want you. You don't put yourself through that you just fuck off for the sake of yourself

Do you give any thought to him hoping that Ashley might sell, that's why he's staying in the hope we are sold.

That's not going to happen man, I genuinely believe the club isn't for sale because if it genuinely was someone would have took it. Its all Ashleys games saying its for sale to give us idiots hope

:thup:

Rafa needs to make his mind up for me and if he has no intention of signing a new contract then he should go now rather than later I mean what is the point in him hanging on for a few months. its like staying with a woman that has no interest in you being around or doesn't want you. You don't put yourself through that you just fuck off for the sake of yourself

Do you give any thought to him hoping that Ashley might sell, that's why he's staying in the hope we are sold.

That's not going to happen man, I genuinely believe the club isn't for sale because if it genuinely was someone would have took it. Its all Ashleys games saying its for sale to give us idiots hope

This.

Ashley and his minions/paid mouthpieces keep reminding us how he's pumped money into the club to keep it running. Noone in the media seems to want to address the fundamental question this poses - why does he still own such a massive loss making organisation if it personally costing him money, especially given that someone has offered him £250m straight up cash or £350m through incentivised deals? If NUFC was really costing him more than it's making him he should have cut it loose as soon as he got a reasonable offer. By rejecting good offers it indicates NUFC is valuable to him and almost certainly making him money/richer, directly or indirectly.

At the beginning Rafa seemed able to improve most of the players we had and keep them motivated, now most of them are either regressing or certainly not improving anymore. Darlow, Yedlin, Dummett, Lascelles, Joselu, Perez , Diame, Ritchie have all hit their ceiling, players like Atsu, Murphy, Manquillo, Hayden and Kenedy have so far this season just becoming worse. The only player that has actually improved substantially is Shelvey especially commitment wise. Maybe there is just nothing more he can do with this group of players.

The situation that Ashley has created has bred massive uncertainty in the players and Rafa can’t shake it.

Last season it was almost as bad at times but we had this Amanda Stavely shaped carrot being dangled from very early on in the season. It had everyone on here occupied, I’m sure Rafa was excited about new possibilities, the staff at the club certainly were.

But now here we are and the realisation is that Mike Ashley is going nowhere. The hope has been trampled on.

The players aren’t thick.. they’ll have been aware of this too.. they’re definitely aware that Rafa will no longer be at the club after this season and that they could also be somewhere else.

If you’re spending a portion of the day speaking to your agent about options, would it be hard to keep your mind on the job at hand?

The utter nonsense from Stephen Warnock that Rafa has to look at himself and his style of play, rather than lack of investment. Almost ignoring the fact that shit players can’t play good football.

This.

Ashley and his minions/paid mouthpieces keep reminding us how he's pumped money into the club to keep it running. Noone in the media seems to want to address the fundamental question this poses - why does he still own such a massive loss making organisation if it personally costing him money, especially given that someone has offered him £250m straight up cash or £350m through incentivised deals? If NUFC was really costing him more than it's making him he should have cut it loose as soon as he got a reasonable offer. By rejecting good offers it indicates NUFC is valuable to him and almost certainly making him money/richer, directly or indirectly.

Or how has the debt doubled under Ashley, when we've spent nowt on players (£30m net in 11 years) and fuck all on the facilities and infrastructure. Quite simply, where has the money gone?

ATM it doesn’t sit well with me that he’s calling out the club to be ambitious but yet shows none himself on the pitch. It’s obviously now trickling in to the players and the fans, whether they agree with him or against. He needs to push us forward, you can’t do that with constant negativity, even if the situation has dealt you a shit hand, make the most of it.

Feel like we’re a beaten club, top to bottom, even the fans aren’t allowed to hope for better , we’ve got to know our place and just survive.

Only he can break this imo, hopefully when the fixtures ease off this happens, but last night was telling, once you are in a negative rut it’s hard to get out of.

ATM it doesn’t sit well with me that he’s calling out the club to be ambitious but yet shows none himself on the pitch. It’s obviously now trickling in to the players and the fans, whether they agree with him or against. He needs to push us forward, you can’t do that with constant negativity, even if the situation has dealt you a shit hand, make the most of it.

Feel like we’re a beaten club, top to bottom, even the fans aren’t allowed to hope for better , we’ve got to know our place and just survive.

Only he can break this imo, hopefully when the fixtures ease off this happens, but last night was telling, once you are in a negative rut it’s hard to get out of.

Its your middle sentence that nails it. The message from the very top that defines the culture of the club is that we are driftwood and there is no desire to do anything other than just survive in the Premier League or when that fails get back up first attempt.

In any business if that is drilled into you - and its visible from the lack of care in the ground, the training facilities, the outsourcing of many departments compounded by the public attacks on anyone showing any form of wanting to do better for the club - no manager can beat the culture.

The real worry is that Rafa is keeping a semblance of professionalism in the playing staff, remove him and watch it all fall apart

Its your middle sentence that nails it. The message from the very top that defines the culture of the club is that we are driftwood and there is no desire to do anything other than just survive in the Premier League or when that fails get back up first attempt.

In any business if that is drilled into you - and its visible from the lack of care in the ground, the training facilities, the outsourcing of many departments compounded by the public attacks on anyone showing any form of wanting to do better for the club - no manager can beat the culture.

The real worry is that Rafa is keeping a semblance of professionalism in the playing staff, remove him and watch it all fall apart

Personally, I'm hoping they sack him or he walks, then the owner and the Rafa detractors can get the manager they deserve......and everything that entails. Fuck them.

He certainly deserves better than this.

He needs to work on getting everyone back in line and calm. He was very good at points of last season of getting the no panic message across, this certainly feels like that time as mongs start to shit the bed a few games into the season, 'negative' press stories start seeping out, new players start getting labelled as shite before they have time to bed in etc.

Last night was shite and annoying but what we've seen for nigh on the last 10 years in domestic cups, apart from Rafa getting to the quarters(?). Just need to get expectations set on the playing side so the correct focus can go back to Ashley and keeping that pressure up

Personally, I'm hoping they sack him or he walks, then the owner and the Rafa detractors can get the manager they deserve......and everything that entails. Fuck them.

He certainly deserves better than this.

Agree with this

He needs to work on getting everyone back in line and calm. He was very good at points of last season of getting the no panic message across, this certainly feels like that time as mongs start to shit the bed a few games into the season, 'negative' press stories start seeping out, new players start getting labelled as shite before they have time to bed in etc.

Last night was shite and annoying but what we've seen for nigh on the last 10 years in domestic cups, apart from Rafa getting to the quarters(?). Just need to get expectations set on the playing side so the correct focus can go back to Ashley and keeping that pressure up

Unfortunately though there is hardly any pressure really being put on. We have 2-3000 actively trying to do something with the other 46000 sitting on their backsides doing sweet fuck all