Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Thought BBC were fair with him. Asked him if nufc was a happy club but he side stepped the question.

I think if he had made his mind up about leaving he’d be burning the house down around him.

Aye he's going nowhere like. Not a chance. Called it ages ago. £50 to charity if he does. Won't make much of a difference to us either way unfortunately till Ashley goes. I predict another 2 or 3 years or this with just slightly improving the squad each season with bargain deals

Quoted for posterity.

Thought BBC were fair with him. Asked him if nufc was a happy club but he side stepped the question.

I think if he had made his mind up about leaving he’d be burning the house down around him.

Aye he's going nowhere like. Not a chance. Called it ages ago. £50 to charity if he does. Won't make much of a difference to us either way unfortunately till Ashley goes. I predict another 2 or 3 years or this with just slightly improving the squad each season with bargain deals

Quoted for posterity.

No problem. I'd be astounded is he left in May and more than happy to donate £50 to the Sir Bobby Robson foundation

It was originally a bet that at least three people have tried to take you up on like. [emoji38]

Yup. Was a bet, then people started taking said bet and he backtracked trying to say it was meant as £50 for charity.

There is no way he is leaving in May like. I'd be willing to wager £50 he is still here next season

Done. £50 then as long as you stop posting the same dogshit for the next 8 months. It'll be worth it.

I'll happily take this bet like.

Don't fucking call me. And I meant £50. £50 to charity if he isn't here next summer. I stand by that. Block me for what!? Telling it how it is.

I'll take the bet as well fwiw. And I'll spend the £50 on something that wastes time, in the spirit of the bet.

Guest firetotheworks

It was originally a bet that at least three people have tried to take you up on like. [emoji38]

It wasn't don't be silly as if I'd bet £50 potentially dozens of times. I meant I will stake £50 on it and I will absolutely stick by and honour it in the unlikely event I need to

You've been quoted as saying you'd wager £50 on it, hence why you were taken up on the bet.

I know I have. But as if i would bet potentially 30-40 people £50 each. I clearly meant I would put up a single £50 that he dosent leave and I stick by that. He's going nowhere like

If I say to someone In a pub I bet you £50 it doesn't mean I'm betting every single person in the pub. I bet the forum not fucking dozens of people. You know what I meant but yeah £50 to charity if he miraculously leaves

Guest firetotheworks

The forum is made up of people like, and it's 3 people, not 40. I didn't know what you meant and neither did anyone else that took you up on the bet, because all you said was that you'd wager £50 on it and naturally people took the bet. [emoji38] Fair enough if you didn't mean that/are chicken.

Oh come he just said i bet £50 Rafa is still here, he didn't specify exactly what he meant, but of course he didn't mean everyone on here who took him up on the offer.

Add me to the list, i'd take him up on that bet as well.

In the interests of not being needlessly confrontational what leads you to this conclusion?

I'll admit on some level I'm tempted to agree, Rafa is not behaving like it's all over but on the other hand the ball is in his court at the end of this season and he knows it. Ashley has fucked him multiple times so all good faith has gone, only way I see him staying is cast iron guarantees from Ashley on spending and he simply won't get it.

Possible 1 year extension I guess, last chance saloon style.

One thing no one should forget is how much Rafa loves the job and he might be reluctant to chuck 3 years away...

Guest firetotheworks

I believe it. £50 will be donated to charity if he somehow leaves. If not then nothing happens. Easy. There's just no way he's leaving

You say that, but don't believe it enough to put a bet on with the two people happy to bet £50 that he won't be here. So not that much. Very disappointing.

I believe it. £50 will be donated to charity if he somehow leaves. If not then nothing happens. Easy. There's just no way he's leaving

You say that, but don't believe it enough to put a bet on with the two people happy to bet £50 that he won't be here. So not that much. Very disappointing.

Ok I will take the bet will the 2 people then but nobody else as I actually only meant just £50 but yeah £50 with both people to be paid next summer. Or I can keep it as a donation to the foundation, whatever.

Guest firetotheworks

Ok I will take the bet will the 2 people then but nobody else as I actually only meant just £50 but yeah £50 with both people to be paid next summer. Or I can keep it as a donation to the foundation, whatever.

[emoji38] I was slightly on the wind up tbh, but fair play, I'll take you up on that bet.