Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Would rather see him walk by Friday than at the end with relegation. He'll get all the blame from the shit but influential media pundits about how he should have signed an extension to the contract so that fat Mike would have trusted him with funds then. Or they'll be slating him for negative football even though he had fuck all to try and play a better positive way with.

If he plays his cards right, he'll leave as a hero in the eyes of the majority of the fans. Who knows what would happen next. Continued anger towards Ashley or a drop in attendance or a riot or anything that might significantly sway him to sell the club. Who knows Rafa might be back soon too.

Or we'll just get a returning Fat Sam or Pardew  and Ashley gives them unlimited funds ala Man City and decides to stay put forever....owh and Kinnear and Wise will be back too.. :suicide:

I don't think any new manager will be getting a transfer budget Ashley's new policy is to take as much out as possible for his other ventures until we go down at which case he pumps in £30 million of his "own" money to increase both the debt to him and the price of the club

If he plays his cards right, he'll leave as a hero in the eyes of the majority of the fans. Who knows what would happen next. Continued anger towards Ashley or a drop in attendance or a riot or anything that might significantly sway him to sell the club. Who knows Rafa might be back soon too.

Nothing. Nothing will happen.

A few murmurs of frustration from those who've just paid at least 600 quid to boo perez, a few hundred season ticket cancellations and fat Mike will carry on his reign, Crumpys ballsack explodes as Pardew does the mooonwalk whilst hauling Rondon off for Manquillo to defend a 1-0 defeat on the final day of the season.

Rumours I've heard that Rafa gave them a list of names but they didn't fit in with the club's criteria (young, cheap, sell on value, etc..) they came back with a list of names for Rafa but he didn't want them and so there's been a Mexican stand off. He gets final say on transfers, but no actual say in who they are. You can't make this shit up!

Rumours I've heard that Rafa gave them a list of names but they didn't fit in with the club's criteria (young, cheap, sell on value, etc..) they came back with a list of names for Rafa but he didn't want them and so there's been a Mexican stand off. He gets final say on transfers, but no actual say in who they are. You can't make this s*** up!

Interesting stuff! Would love to hear more if you have anything else to share.

It does create an interesting question though, if the club has its own targets who is reccomending these players? Are we trying to so more favours for agents?

Cannot fathom how you watch this happen and fathom putting another penny in the mans pocket. There’s no strong argument for it.

As witnessed all of the arguements are highly emotional and not ground in logic sadly.

And I don't mean any offense to those who still go when I say that but at the same time people who fund him are part of the problem unfortunately.

Cannot fathom how you watch this happen and fathom putting another penny in the mans pocket. There’s no strong argument for it.

As witnessed all of the arguements are highly emotional and not ground in logic sadly.

And I don't mean any offense to those who still go when I say that but at the same time people who fund him are part of the problem unfortunately.

:thup: there's nothing left to do but vote with feet, Ashley's not budging, he's taken the piss out of fans and out of a highly decorated manager. STOP GIVING HIM MONEY!

Rumours I've heard that Rafa gave them a list of names but they didn't fit in with the club's criteria (young, cheap, sell on value, etc..) they came back with a list of names for Rafa but he didn't want them and so there's been a Mexican stand off. He gets final say on transfers, but no actual say in who they are. You can't make this shit up!

Who at the club is coming up with a list of players? Charnley? Justin fucking Barnes?

Oh fuck, it’s Wise isn’t it. Wise and his FM2019 save.

I reckon its true he must get a big bonus off Ashley for keeping him on the gravy train, would explain why hes still here too. Maybe hes not the saint most people think?

I reckon a new deal with anoher nice bonus for keeping Ashley up on peanuts is round the corner too. What would people make of him if he stayed on in them circumstances?

You're worse than crumpy.

It is a valid point though. He may well get a nice bonus for keeping Ashley up and that is likely why he is still here lets get real.

After that shambles at the weekend to add to cup surrenders at Oxford and Forest that is me done with him like, a nice path to Wembley opened up and he didn't even give it a go. That is criminal and i don't know how he gets away with it

I don't think he will resign, but he should and leave the club in the shit. At the very least I hope he doesn't enter any new contract talks with Ashley because he has met Ashley multiple times only to be back stabbed over and over again. Ever since that January transfer window during the promotion season he has done everything in his power to plan properly and offer the club a vision and all they done is spat on his face and insist their old, failed ways are the road to success. Benitez has made mistakes, but the absolute arrogance to recommend their own signings to Benitez and more or less say his are shite is astounding considering the failure of their transfer policy.

I reckon its true he must get a big bonus off Ashley for keeping him on the gravy train, would explain why hes still here too. Maybe hes not the saint most people think?

Every manager in the league would have a bonus system, and of course a relegation-threatened club would offer its manager a bonus to stay up. It's retarded to suggest this represents Rafa taking 30 pieces of silver.

I reckon a new deal with anoher nice bonus for keeping Ashley up on peanuts is round the corner too. What would people make of him if he stayed on in them circumstances?

You've said this so many times I'm fucking sick of it. I'll lay fifty of your English pounds that Rafa does not sign a new contract. Put up or shut the fuck up.

It is a valid point though. He may well get a nice bonus for keeping Ashley up and that is likely why he is still here lets get real.

After that shambles at the weekend to add to cup surrenders at Oxford and Forest that is me done with him like, a nice path to Wembley opened up and he didn't even give it a go. That is criminal and i don't know how he gets away with it

We don’t even have the budget of a Watford man. They make 11 changes and can bring in Gray, Hughes and Janmaat. We rotate and we’ve got Joselu, Manquillo and Hayden (would have probably played this anyway had the likes of Ki and Diame been available). That’s why he didn’t risk Rondon and the like. If anything happens to him we’re down to players who aren’t good enough for a Watford B team.

There’s something not quite right with you. All your posts are insidiously anti-Rafa. It’s almost like you are trying to influence people and sow seeds of doubt about Benítez.

Never anything about Ashley though. Strange.

He won’t stay unless out of nowhere he’s given a realistic budget to compete with. Don’t think he’s arsed about the politics between owner and fans if he can compete. That won’t happen though so he’ll be gone at some point in the next 6 months.

He is never going to get that kind of money under Ashley though is he and he surely knows it ye is still saying " we will see" and "if the club do things right". A blind man could see things are not going to be done right.

Fact is if Mike offers him a big money new deal with a 4m bonus for keeping him up again he will sign on.

We will see. Only time will tell

We don’t even have the budget of a Watford man. They make 11 changes and can bring in Gray, Hughes and Janmaat. We rotate and we’ve got Joselu, Manquillo and Hayden (would have probably played this anyway had the likes of Ki and Diame been available). That’s why he didn’t risk Rondon and the like. If anything happens to him we’re down to players who aren’t good enough for a Watford B team.

I am fully aware of the state of things and I am the biggest Ashley hater around. I just don't see the point in resting players for an all out defence loss tonight when we had a good chance to make Wembley and give this shitshow of a club a tiny ray of light. Our first 11 is more than capable of beating Watford as proven already this season

There’s something not quite right with you. All your posts are insidiously anti-Rafa. It’s almost like you are trying to influence people and sow seeds of doubt about Benítez.

Never anything about Ashley though. Strange.

I love Rafa and with the right backing he would end the trophy drought here and if I mentioned Ashley I would be on all day! I despise the man. So there is no chance he is only here still for a big bonus and there is no chance of him staying on? I am just suggesting he might be more in the loop with this farce than many think

Every manager in the league would have a bonus system, and of course a relegation-threatened club would offer its manager a bonus to stay up. It's retarded to suggest this represents Rafa taking 30 pieces of silver.

You've said this so many times I'm f***ing sick of it. I'll lay fifty of your English pounds that Rafa does not sign a new contract. Put up or shut the f*** up.

Deal! Quote me/ bookmark this. I am a man of my word too.

That's basically what he said in his interview.  It's what happened with Joselu imo, "you can't have who you want but you can have him for £5m" ...... "ok it's better than nothing", he won't do that again.

Explains his demeanour lately.