Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Benitez is keen for United to produce more stars like Sean Longstaff and Paul Dummett and has told Ashley he can save him millions in the transfer market if he gets his way.

Sad that Rafa has had to lower himself into using this reason, knowing it's the only way to convince Ashley.

Adrian Durham did a bit on him on talksport yesterday saying he's pound for pound the best manager in the premier league. Haven't listened to it yet but nice to hear him getting the plaudits he deserves in the meeja.

Adrian Durham did a bit on him on talksport yesterday saying he's pound for pound the best manager in the premier league. Haven't listened to it yet but nice to hear him getting the plaudits he deserves in the meeja.

He always gets the plaudits at this time of year. Start of the season they'll be questioning his methods once again. Bunch of braindead farts that we depend on for news comment.

Chris Waugh on Rafa Benitez

What is Rafa Benitez looking for when it comes to Newcastle United?

A project or building overtime he can deal with but what he is currently being offered he doesn’t want to sign up to, he doesn’t think it’s what he was initially was promised when he came in three years ago. So while there is the emotional attachment, I don’t think we’re going to have the same as when Newcastle went down to the Championship because at that stage he admitted he let his heart rule his head but also at that point he thought they were going down to come back up and then have a real go at things. That hasn’t quite been how things have panned out and for now he is going to want to see evidence that he can build before he stays.

A couple of defeats in a row will have Durham back to criticizing Rafa and his tactics. Will probably ask (again) why aren't Newcastle fans hounding him out the club over it.

A couple of defeats in a row will have Durham back to criticizing Rafa and his tactics. Will probably ask (again) why aren't Newcastle fans hounding him out the club over it.

Whatever he thinks generates the most calls, basically.

Chris Waugh on Rafa Benitez

What is Rafa Benitez looking for when it comes to Newcastle United?

A project or building overtime he can deal with but what he is currently being offered he doesn’t want to sign up to, he doesn’t think it’s what he was initially was promised when he came in three years ago. So while there is the emotional attachment, I don’t think we’re going to have the same as when Newcastle went down to the Championship because at that stage he admitted he let his heart rule his head but also at that point he thought they were going down to come back up and then have a real go at things. That hasn’t quite been how things have panned out and for now he is going to want to see evidence that he can build before he stays.

All sounds very familiar to KK.

What a ridiculous situation like.

Best manager we've had since Robson. Opportunity that wont come for years and years (if ever) again. He actively wants to stay and yet we still wont give him what he needs.

He'll go in the summer I reckon and that'll be it to the benefit of absolutely nobody. Not to Benitez, to to the fans not to Ashley. Nobody wins.  Enjoy this season while we can.

Think he will stay beyond this season, how long nobody can say. But I don't think he'll be backed enough to move us into the top 8 with any regularity, we'll steadily improve though and don't think we'll be fighting relegation having Rafa and this current squad from the beginning of a season.

Either way, whilst he's at NUFC I feel proud of supporting the club, he's brought a sense of class and professionalism back after some disgusting appointments we've endured over the last 7-8 years.

Think he will stay beyond this season, how long nobody can say. But I don't think he'll be backed enough to move us into the top 8 with any regularity, we'll steadily improve though and don't think we'll be fighting relegation having Rafa and this current squad from the beginning of a season.

Either way, whilst he's at NUFC I feel proud of supporting the club, he's brought a sense of class and professionalism back after some disgusting appointments we've endured over the last 7-8 years.

Well put.

Love having him as our manager, but at the same time I'm sick of him being let down time after time, just like us. Wouldn't be surprised either way really even If I doubt it'll be long term as the next crash is always gonna be just around the corner. Will be sad if/when he leaves, but also "happy" in a way. Crazy thing is that even if only being given ok backing I feel like he could build something special given some time.