Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Not a single one of our players would get in Chelsea’s squad let alone their first team, not one.

It would’ve taken something incredibly special for us to get anything from this game.

Some people on here need to pull their heads out of their arses and grow the fuck up.

Biggest worry is nothing looks decent at the moment.

Can't defend for s***. Can't attack. Can't create. Can't protect defence.

Lascelles and Dummett back will help out in defence. But the rest is still broken.

All about confidence. And of course, a lack quality at times.

I've got total faith in him, like. I've been keen to see a 352, and specifically Ritchie at wing-back. I'd like to see it tried again against a weaker team tbh, in spite of Ritchie's brainfart. I just wish Rafa would react a bit quicker.

He's working with the worst PL squad we've ever had quality wise. Think some people (myself included) forget that sometimes.

:thup: having said that, it isn't unfair to say he doesn't help himself with team selections and substitutions sometimes like

This is clearly it for me. I totally get he's working with a fairly poor squad overall, but the lack of Mitro, the Joselu love, the lack of subs. IMO they're things he can improve on. Really thought, he'd go with a Merino, Shelvey, Hayden midfield 3. The Diame pick is wank.

The last three matches have had dramatically different teams and formations. Maybe there's only me that noticed this.

Think he matched them up after the Watford farce and them also playing 3 at the back. Started well but alas it didn't work but I'm not sure anything would've done today.

I've got total faith in him, like. I've been keen to see a 352, and specifically Ritchie at wing-back. I'd like to expressee it tried again against a weaker team tbh, in spite of Ritchie's brainfart. I just wish Rafa would react a bit quicker.

Him experimenting with different formations is really nice to see going forward like.

I've got total faith in him, like. I've been keen to see a 352, and specifically Ritchie at wing-back. I'd like to see it tried again against a weaker team tbh, in spite of Ritchie's brainfart. I just wish Rafa would react a bit quicker.

Can't play Ritchie there again. It wasn't just one brainfart. Not quick enough to be a wing back regardless

Also must be said... we haven't looked decent defensively in the PL for any stretch of time without Lascelles in the team dating back to the relegation season.

Defensively the team that got relegated isn't any worse than this one man for man apart from Lascelles improvement. Maybe Clark. Lejeune is Colo Clown status right now. Dummett injured for long periods again and poor replacements. And RB's that leak goals.

The last three matches have had dramatically different teams and formations. Maybe there's only me that noticed this.

That’s why the whole ‘shit tactics’ and ‘stubborn manager’ comments are so fucking ridiculous. He’s trying everything he can to get us back on track - different lineups, different formations, different tactics etc.

Some of the comments on here and across social media are a bit disheartening. Rafas a man who takes intense pride in every aspect of his work, he'll be disappointed too. Good to hear the away contingent singing his name.

Some of the comments on here and across social media are a bit disheartening. Rafas a man who takes intense pride in every aspect of his work, he'll be disappointed too. Good to hear the sway contingent singing his name.

A bit disheartening?! They’re fucking outrageous!

I’m now starting to see why so many people give our fans grief for being thick and having unrealistic expectations. Some of the comments directed at Rafa are an absolute embarrassment.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's working with the worst PL squad we've ever had quality wise. Think some people (myself included) forget that sometimes.

Can’t argue with that to be fair.

Some of the comments on here and across social media are a bit disheartening. Rafas a man who takes intense pride in every aspect of his work, he'll be disappointed too. Good to hear the sway contingent singing his name.

I’m now starting to see why so many people give our fans grief for being thick and having unrealistic expectations. Some of the comments directed at Rafa are an absolute embarrassment.

Problem is, views like this make it appear that Benitez is infallible.  He's making plenty of decisions that several disagree with.  Loads of daft selections, subs, transfers.  I get that he isn't being given a suitable budget to work with, but he has cocked up a lot this year.

A bit disheartening?! They’re f***ing outrageous!

Problem is, views like this make it appear that Benitez is infallible.  He's making plenty of decisions that several disagree with.  Loads of daft selections, subs, transfers.  I get that he isn't being given a suitable budget to work with, but he has cocked up a lot this year.

Cocked up according to who, you? Other world renowned football experts?

I fucking love this armchair management stuff - ‘obviously we’d have won if Mitro started instead of Joselu and Shelvey played alongside Merino’. The sheer fucking arrogance of it is staggering!

You’re talking about one of the best and most decorated managers in world football! We all have an opinion but being so certain that Rafa got this wrong or that wrong is laughable.

I fucking love this armchair management stuff - ‘obviously we’d have won if Mitro started instead of Joselu and Shelvey played alongside Merino’. The sheer fucking arrogance of it is staggering!

You’re talking about one of the best and most decorated managers in world football! We all have an opinion but being so certain that Rafa got this wrong or that wrong is laughable.

Oh right, no opinions allowed on a football forum.  Gotcha.

I f***ing love this armchair management stuff - ‘obviously we’d have won if Mitro started instead of Joselu and Shelvey played alongside Merino’. The sheer f***ing arrogance of it is staggering!

You might want to read the last sentence of my post again Einstein 😉

I f***ing love this armchair management stuff - ‘obviously we’d have won if Mitro started instead of Joselu and Shelvey played alongside Merino’. The sheer f***ing arrogance of it is staggering!

You might want to read the last sentence of my post again Einstein 😉

I read your last sentence, cheers.  Still happy to say Benitez is making mistakes IMO and also happy to ignore your opinion on things. 

Worst thing about today... with all Conte's moaning about fixture congestion... Chelsea took it easy on us imo. Just did enough. As soon as we went up, it looked like they would score. once they got in the lead, handbrake back on. At 3-1... full on preservation. Apart from Fab and Hazard who were subbed to stay fresh nobody else wanted to score a 4th.

Its so infuriating to think that some on here and our fans think that if you criticise Rafa its out of order. Rafa has fucked up on many many occasions and if Pardew,Carver or Mclown done the same they would be absolutely lambasted for it. Rafa is not beyond criticism at all and I know he hasn't had a budget to work with but his signings have been fucking woeful as a whole and his tactics and subs usage at times has been staggering