Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

These are the things we were told about when he came in as manager. He will make decisions that baffle us, he will be stubborn to the point of it looking daft, but he is still far and away the best man we could hope to have managing our club regardless of the circumstances and we're extremely fortunate to have him.

Still needs to drop Joselu though, the daft cunt.

Amazes me how fucking fast a lot of our fans will turn on someone  :lol:

Sure it's probably the same with other teams' fans but I don't care about other teams. We've got a shit squad, the season was always gonna be a struggle. Nobody is immune to criticism but I do wonder wtf some of our fans expect from this group of players

Stop being so f***ing stubborn, accept you've got it wrong and make early changes.

Is an hour before kick off early enough?

If his teamsheet has Joselu in it at that time, aye.  :lol:

He started five different players and switched the formation from a game we lost three days ago, I'd say that classes as making changes early enough.

Fans always demand instant subs, and managers rarely react that quickly. Sometimes you can certainly see goals coming, but I didn't think it was that obvious tonight.

These are the things we were told about when he came in as manager. He will make decisions that baffle us, he will be stubborn to the point of it looking daft, but he is still far and away the best man we could hope to have managing our club regardless of the circumstances and we're extremely fortunate to have him.

Still needs to drop Joselu though, the daft cunt.

I think it's because of his long-term planning as well, fans obviously aren't judging the team based on loads of unknown stats and targets and planning five or six games ahead. It doesn't mean Rafa can't be wrong but he generally has an idea of what's going on.

Amazes me how fucking fast a lot of our fans will turn on someone :lol:

Sure it's probably the same with other teams' fans but I don't care about other teams. We've got a shit squad, the season was always gonna be a struggle. Nobody is immune to criticism but I do wonder wtf some of our fans expect from this group of players

Not having a go at you but i fucking hate that sort of sentence. Pointing out a flaw or a poor decision as all managers will do is not turning on him ffs. Sorry bit of rant like.

But there can a middle ground where you love and know how good Rafa is, but still be able to be frustrated with him now and again.

Lascelles been out looks massive like. We've went from a really steady side to a side that ships goals every time someone nonces a half decent ball into the box.

Regardless of how I view his subs or his insistence on playing what I believe to be an actual ghost up front I think we're probably sitting on ateast 3 more points over the past few games if he's fit.

Now this i love about Rafa, he'll be utterly fuming despite us fighting back to get us a point. For him it won't be good enough, he'll always want more.

Remind him about Joselu then :lol:

Aye but with all true geniuses come flaws, at the moment Joselu seems to be a bit of a flaw like.

Guest neesy111

Amazes me how fucking fast a lot of our fans will turn on someone [emoji38]

Not having a go at you but i fucking hate that sort of sentence. Pointing out a flaw or a poor decision as all managers will do is not turning on him ffs. Sorry bit of rant like.

But there can a middle ground where you love and know how good Rafa is, but still be able to be frustrated with him now and again.

It's absolutely ridiculous how pretentious people get over criticism.

Amazes me how fucking fast a lot of our fans will turn on someone :lol:

I get that, but a few people on here over the last few days and even at half time today people seem to be taking pride in the fact that Rafa was doing poorly, and they seem to come from people who are either new or only appear to show up when we are losing or on a bad run. Surprised we have seen Chris Baba yet.

I think we've massively overlooked the players we had missing overall TBH.

Aye, especially our Captain as others have pointed out.

I cannot believe how only a year or so ago, I would have been happy if we sold him :lol: he was dump at times last season

Aye, I don't think Merino was great in the first half but having to play Diame is obviously going to fucking crucify us.

Lascelles, Mitro and Hayden out basically means no spine at all. Shelvey provides no protection and Diame looks like he's in a different time stream. Even Dummett could be argued to be a pretty important loss, as much as I hate to say that. 

Aye, especially our Captain as others have pointed out.

I cannot believe how only a year or so ago, I would have been happy if we sold him :lol: he was dump at times last season

He was playing with a hernia tbf :p

Guest alijmitchell

Right subs, wrong starting line-up. Still love him, we need a first XI on the pitch to have any chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk