Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok lads, fire him then and save yourself the pain.  O0

Hey, don't take one negative posters views as representative of the whole. This place is garbage when the team are struggling, always has been, emotions take the place of reason.

Blaming Rafa for Ashleys running of the club is bordering on the insane imo. But we could/should have a three man midfield every game, Shelvey needs to be out there purely for the way he can change a game. (and I'm not thinking red cards. :) )

I have posted on here before and said quite clearly that I don't understand - at all - why Rafa has abandoned a system that has served him so well and gone 4-4-2 in search of goals. Yeah you've scored them but you're shipping them at a ridiculous rate. I find it bizarre. Rafa is usually the stubborn guy who never rips up his rulebook, and yet he's cast aside his favoured formation. I genuinely don't understand it as it could cost him his job - (my comments up the thread were in response to some dimwitted meff who said he'd damaged you forever) - and that'd be a shame for you, and for him. But that's football

Have any journos asked him why he's abandoned 4-2-3-1? He's played it everywhere, through thick and thin. Was there a clamour to change it?

There was, but I don't think Rafa's they type to cave in to fan pressure. Maybe he just doesn't trust his team to be able to keep a clean sheet so is looking for more threat up front instead? I don't know.

He's never caved in to any pressure. Which is what makes this decision so out of character. Yeah you were turgid early season, but you won 1-0 a few times and were in with a chance of drawing other matches. That's a route map to staying up. I'm genuinely baffled.

Any other manager would be sacked after this run. Its going to continue till the end of the year as well.

He's a lucky man.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/pardsgrin.png

You have to take into account that our Championship standard team has been without 4 key players during this s*** run, arguably all of which are PL standard - Merino, Dummett, Atsu, Lascelles. When you’re working with a squad as s*** as ours, the last thing you need is for it to be made shitter due to injuries.

True but doesn't explain leaving Shelvey that does it, if you're so short on quality you don't really leave out your one creative player. If it's because he doesn't trust Shelvey in a two then make it a three and even then, he bloody well trusted Shelvey in a two against Liverpool, i think the no trust in a two is utter bollocks.

Yeah, I do agree on the Shelvey thing. He should be the first name on the team sheet for every game IMO

Any other manager would be sacked after this run. Its going to continue till the end of the year as well.

He's a lucky man.

No, he's a man whose reputation renders it worthy enough to actually stick with him.

He's Not doing his reputation any good with his decisions of late.

Got it wrong again today. Patience is running out...

he's getting things wrong, yes. but we're also missing 3-4 vital players. Without them, with this squad, I'm not expecting much, tbh.

Which rightfully brings it all back to Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll leave you to it lads. Best of luck with Steve Bruce.  :D

The views of U2 and Chris Boobalowhatever don't represent anyone else on here, they revel in this shit.

Tbh, that was really poor from Rafa. The first time this season I've genuinely questioned his decisions or lack of them, that doesn't change anything though.

He's a lucky man.

No, he's a man whose reputation renders it worthy enough to actually stick with him.

He's Not doing his reputation any good with his decisions of late.

Maybe not, but truth is, we'd probably be losing if he made decisions which made the fans happy as well. There's no legislating for weak and gutless individual performances defensively.

Guest reefatoon

Why the fuck have we turned into a total shite hoof fest? Personally I never found the football entertaining in the slightest. Wins were always "efficient" but never really enjoyable, but Christ, now we can't even pull out one of our  efficient 1 - 0 games. Look piss poor and clueless.

Seeing Rafa get more criticism from our fans for being 16th with this side, than Pardew got for being 16th with an actual decent PL squad makes me want to vomit blood.

Is this actually true though?

Guest reefatoon

Seeing Rafa get more criticism from our fans for being 16th with this side, than Pardew got for being 16th with an actual decent PL squad makes me want to vomit blood.

Non of that is true in the slightest you big girls blouse.

The argument always seems to be Pardew,Rafa, Ashley or transfers etc etc.

Burnley have a totally average squad and a far less decorated manager who is making the best of it.

:lol: No one's actively calling for his death yet, though I'm sure a few have those posts saved in draft form somewhere tbf.

:thup:

Sentiment is good, problem is it's utter bollocks.

Is this happening? I heard one freak comparing him to Joe Kinnear at the match. Hoping it was a joke. Otherwise everyone was still chanting his name while we were losing. I'm sure there's idiots out there calling for his head because dipshits. But im sure it's an insane minority.

Is this happening? I heard one freak comparing him to Joe Kinnear at the match. Hoping it was a joke. Otherwise everyone was still chanting his name while we were losing. I'm sure there's idiots out there calling for his head because dipshits. But im sure it's an insane minority.

It's a minority, but it shouldn't be happening at all. It's at it's worst on social media

The argument always seems to be pardew,rafa, ashley transfers etc etc.

Burnley have a totally average squad and a far less decorated manager who is making the best of it.

Burnley are a big well organised side who defend well. Newcastle fans would never accept if Rafa went down that route, far more expectation here.

The argument always seems to be Pardew,Rafa, Ashley or transfers etc etc.

You can’t compare our squad with theirs FFS! They have average PL players, we have good Championship players. They also have a shitload more experience than we do, which makes a huge difference.