Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

For those branding Rafa supporters a cult. What exactly are the mistakes? Who would do better as manager with this squad under these conditions of working under MA? What system and tactics would you play? How would you go about scouting and signing players under 15-16m pound? How would you figure out how to work within those boundaries? How would you rotate a thin squad that has ton of injuries?

He's not going to sign a new deal. He's been made a mug of for too long.

3 years of it hasn't bothered him enough to leave. What's another 3 years?

A new 6 million pound a year contract, still in the premier league, stay in football and close to his family, I reckon he would put up with another few years of it

Where else is he going to go in England? I can't see him not working. Plus he could just sit tight keep us up and hope for a takeover in the next few years.

Imagine he signs on and keeps the sheep content and we have another 3 years of this man  :lol:

Hope he quits next week and it all burns down

I wish he’d go.

We sign no one this window he has too.  If we sign no one and he signs a new contract he's in on it

That's the top and bottom of it. He signs a new deal then he's no different to Ashley for me

It's a bit like saying "Rafa's alright, but if he comes out of his dugout in the next match and starts flipping V-signs to the crowd, then it will prove he doesn't respect us at all!"

So if Rafa decides to stay and keep calling out Ashley for every broken promise, he's no different to Ashley who's fobbed us off for years and ruined our club. Class logic.

He dosent call him out! He just says he won't talk about it and has the odd small dig. Hardly like he goes to war with him is it

Don't get me wrong I love the man but him been here is doing nobody and good other than Ashley

Why would he walk away, he can make mistake after mistake and know he won't be held accountable for any of it, the cult wouldn't allow it.

Maybe that's why he stays?

Think I've calmed down enough after reading for a more rational reply to this little fishing trip.

Rafa is held in high esteem by Liverpool fans, those renowned patient fans, who definitely don't turn on their managers, and some of whom would still have him over Klopp. I'm sure someone of that caliber has zero worries about the expectations of a small club like Leicester

"But in this game you cannot say we were much worse than them. We just have to realise that we cannot go through with this team, it means we have to now concentrate on the league.

We have 15 games now to play and we have to be sure everyone is focused and no distractions. "

Aye he had no interest in going through like. Joke

"But in this game you cannot say we were much worse than them. We just have to realise that we cannot go through with this team, it means we have to now concentrate on the league.

We have 15 games now to play and we have to be sure everyone is focused and no distractions. "

The last 5 winners of the FA Cup are Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Arsenal, Arsenal.

I'm sure NUFC had a great chance of winning it, if we got through, especially as we're comfortable midtable and have zero worries on the survival front.

Oh wait....

The last 5 winners of the FA Cup are Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Arsenal, Arsenal.

I'm sure NUFC had a great chance of winning it, if we got through, especially as we're comfortable midtable and have zero worries on the survival front.

Oh wait....

United?

Oh wait....

United?

Man United

Oh wait....

United?

Man United

Better.

For those branding Rafa supporters a cult. What exactly are the mistakes? Who would do better as manager with this squad under these conditions of working under MA? What system and tactics would you play? How would you go about scouting and signing players under 15-16m pound? How would you figure out how to work within those boundaries? How would you rotate a thin squad that has ton of injuries?

i asked the exact same thing and have yet to see a suggestion

you might argue that an allardyce might be able to work with the defence we have and rondon up front but i honestly don't see how you get more out of this squad in the areas that rafa is currently struggling with

no one is gonna get this group of players playing like wolves or whatever, not a chance in hell, so what so critics of rafa actually want?

you might argue that an allardyce might be able to work with the defence we have and rondon up front but i honestly don't see how you get more out of this squad in the areas that rafa is currently struggling with

no one is gonna get this group of players playing like wolves or whatever, not a chance in hell, so what so critics of rafa actually want?

Yep, would ask those who love to sit in front of their computers bashing a world class manager, booing subs, booing Ayoze after he scores goals, gladly going to matches to show they are true fans whilst lining MA's pockets to kindly shut the fuck up. I'm done attempting to even reason or listen to them. It's beyond stupid. Utterly embarrassing group of supporters we have that would act like utter pricks.

We have Rafa Benitez here getting mugged by the owner and he's willingly sticking around in attempt to keep this club from getting relegated. If those match going lovers actually gave a single fuck they'd be making it well known that they are sitting around like lambs while the club is being ran straight into the ground over past 11 years. A club that should be employing more people in town, bringing young footballers through, nope, just willingly allowing a man to destroy every single bit of pride you think you had.

Yep, would ask those who love to sit in front of their computers bashing a world class manager, booing subs, booing Ayoze after he scores goals, gladly going to matches to show they are true fans whilst lining MA's pockets to kindly shut the fuck up. I'm done attempting to even reason or listen to them. It's beyond stupid. Utterly embarrassing group of supporters we have that would act like utter pricks.

We have Rafa Benitez here getting mugged by the owner and he's willingly sticking around in attempt to keep this club from getting relegated. If those match going lovers actually gave a single fuck they'd be making it well known that they are sitting around like lambs while the club is being ran straight into the ground over past 11 years. A club that should be employing more people in town, bringing young footballers through, nope, just willingly allowing a man to destroy every single bit of pride in the crest.

i suppose for those people it might be illustrative if they take the imaginary example of rafa and apply it to pep guardiola?  so pep leaves man city tomorrow and takes over from rafa next week for some unknown fucking reason but he inherits this team

we get relegated in may and pep sells some assets to revamp the squad into more his style but for the champo making a profit in the process...he gets us promoted as champions and expects he'll be able to improve the squad year on year and that the club will follow his plan

the club do not follow his plan but they fuck him around with transfers and he gets a couple of players that are kind of suited to his system and style but are really not good enough on any level, against the odds he keeps up us and even gets us to 10th...was a bit of a struggle but hey ho hopefully now we've had season in the PL stabilising they'll let him have some better players

the club do not give him any players and he ends up with a profit on transfers and the same squad that he had in the champo, who can play nice football which is lush to watch but simply aren't good enough...3rd season another massive struggle

quitting aside what do these rafa critics think pep should do under those circumstances on the pitch?  he's a manager with a very distinct and detailed style, would they expect him to abandon that and try to get inferior players than can play his system to switch to another system and style, perhaps a more direct one?  that seems to be what the likes of Tiotes Witch Doctor[/member] is saying..it really doesn't make any sense

managers of this caliber don't just change their entire modus operandi...look at mourinho, he tried to play his system with the wrong group of players at manyoo and they were fucked, but his years of success were built on the same foundations like rafa

Why would he walk away, he can make mistake after mistake and know he won't be held accountable for any of it, the cult wouldn't allow it.

Maybe that's why he stays?

Have you been able to talk to someone about how sucking rock hard cock as a child affected you psychologically as an adult?

Fucking hell, shite patter all-round. Howay man...

Super Duper Branko Strupar[/member] definitely has some sort of peadophila tendency going on. Check some of his posts. 

I don’t even know what someone like Allardyce could do with the defence, aren’t we already one of the best in the league defensively?

Our limitations are purely attacking, because offensive players cost money.

Guest reefatoon

Would love him to leave on Feb 1st. Fat c*** is giving him nothing and expecting Rafa to bail him out and keep us up. Would be a right kick in the nuts to the fat mess if Rafa just said f*** you and walked.

Just wrote this on FB. Thought you's might like a read;

To my fellow Newcastle supporters

What does NUFC mean to you? To me, it is memories and pride. Going to the match with my dad, as a bairn during the Keegan Day's of the 80's - standing in the family enclosure and watching KK, Beardsley, Waddle and later Gazza grace the hallowed turf.

The Second coming of Keegan - Andy Cole, Peter Beardsley, Rob Lee, Sir Les and Alan Shearer - title challenges. So near and yet so far. By this time I was locked out as a poor student, but I still have happy memories.

Sir Bobby Robson's years - Nobby, Shearer, Bellamy, Laurent Robert and Gary Speed. Title challenges, Champions League including a trip to Juventus, then watching us beat that team at home. Seeing Barcelona at St James, UEFA Cup run to the semis, classic FA Cup games v Chelsea and Spurs.

I become a dad for the first time in 2008 - Mike Ashley has taken over the club. Newcastle beat WBA 2-1 on the day Cally was born. I long for the day I can take her to the match, as my dad did with me. But NUFC go off the rails due to Ashley's mismanagement. I still attend the odd game, taking Cally a couple of times, but it's not the same. The magic has gone - perhaps lost forever.

I still have my memories and always will. But make no mistake, Mike Ashley would have them too if he could. Plastered with Sports Direct advertising and sold to the highest bidder,. Under this man, nothing is sacred.

So the time has come and what to do. Do you take a stand and fight, or do you shrug your shoulders and continue do nothing?

At least like me, you will still have your memories. But it's all you will only ever have.