Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Not sure I care what happens any more. He's tried his absolute best to drag this club up in any way possible, let alone to where it should be. He sees the potential and support it has, and sees what it could be. He and his staff have conducted themselves with the utmost of dignity despite being shit on time and time again.

There's simply no desire from anyone who matters to change anything. This includes us lot as fans btw, collectively we're happy to keep showing up, happy to keep putting money and our time and effort into something that steadfastly and purposely refuses to reward us. We couldn't even organise a single boycott between ourselves without an embarrassing disagreement and egos getting in the way. We can't and won't get militant like fans of other clubs do.

I hope Rafa stays but we might as well have no manager.

Seems to me they are trying to put him in a position where he has to walk but no chance that happening right now with the clause in his contract as there is no way he will pay up 5 million and rightly so. Only thing he might walk with is having legal issues and broken agreements similar to Keegan and take the fat cunt to court again. Anyone who currently goes to games whilst Ashley is there are mugs as he is just taking the piss out of you time and time again.

Paid for my season ticket, so I'll be going to support Rafa, and the team, for the rest of this season, but from the 14th of May I'll be cutting all ties to the club for as long as the fat cunt remains the owner.

This club just grinds you down man, and I'm looking forward to doing something enjoyable instead of this continual shite!

Seems to me they are trying to put him in a position where he has to walk but no chance that happening right now with the clause in his contract as there is no way he will pay up 5 million and rightly so. Only thing he might walk with is having legal issues and broken agreements similar to Keegan and take the fat c*** to court again. Anyone who currently goes to games whilst Ashley is there are mugs as he is just taking the p*ss out of you time and time again.

Paid for my season ticket, so I'll be going to support Rafa, and the team, for the rest of this season, but from the 14th of May I'll be cutting all ties to the club for as long as the fat c*** remains the owner.

This club just grinds you down man, and I'm looking forward to doing something enjoyable instead of this continual s****!

You’re right I should of said anyone who goes next season are mugs as nobody is going to stop going when they have put up hard cash. I stopped nearly 5 year ago after 40 year and won’t step inside the ground again until the fat cunt has gone.

Even if he keeps us up why would he allow himself to be strung along with more lies waiting for a takeover that may never happen? Only hope is takeover, if it doesn't happen and rafa goes i am going to find a non league team to have fun supporting till the corpse that is newcastle united is revived under other ownership

It's his last few months without a takeover quite obviously. It's a choice between rugby or something like Bromley FC for me. Maybe a League One London club if I can think of one to adopt.

If I lived in London I think I'd probably support Charlton but I think they've got problems with their owner as well!

If he goes, he goes. Doubt the standard will change much.

Sadly I agree with that. Rafa was all about a long term vision, we know now we’re not getting that. Pretty certain we’ll go down regardless of who manages us for the rest of the season, so meh.

One (small) good thing that would come out of Rafa leaving is the parting shots he'd fire at Ashley.

With a bit of luck it will be enough to turn all the fans against Ashley once and for all

Not sure I care what happens any more. He's tried his absolute best to drag this club up in any way possible, let alone to where it should be. He sees the potential and support it has, and sees what it could be. He and his staff have conducted themselves with the utmost of dignity despite being s*** on time and time again.

There's simply no desire from anyone who matters to change anything. This includes us lot as fans btw, collectively we're happy to keep showing up, happy to keep putting money and our time and effort into something that steadfastly and purposely refuses to reward us. We couldn't even organise a single boycott between ourselves without an embarrassing disagreement and egos getting in the way. We can't and won't get militant like fans of other clubs do.

I hope Rafa stays but we might as well have no manager.

POTY decided before the end of January :clap: