Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Its all bullshit as all of these teams are now throwing their best chance of ever winning something reducing their whole club into a nothingness as if you are not aiming to win every game what is the point of competing

If its all about being on the premier league gravy train shitshow and finishing 17th is success then football can go fuck itself its dead to me

Ill stick to following the NFL at least fans have hope of seeing their team win something in US sports which is something football fans no longer have. its a soulless sport now unless you follow one of the top 6 teams in every country

If its all about being on the premier league gravy train shitshow and finishing 17th is success then football can go fuck itself its dead to me

Are you just arriving at this conclusion?  That's all it's been for us for years.  It's not like that for the majority of clubs.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

When your squad has already been shown to be understrength for a premier League season, why would you add the additional stress of more games?

If we were a steady mid-table side...

That’s modern football for you and of course where we are as a club under Ashley.

The FA Cup is potentially harmful to clubs looking to survive relegation and even then it’s about as welcome to most clubs, players and managers regardless as festive fixtures are.

I guarantee Rafa hates having to take any competition or game lightly though.

I’d like to see FA Cup winners rewarded with a CL spot and replays scrapped.

Harmful in what way!? It's a few extra games a week apart from pl games. It's a myth

Birmingham and Wigan would disagree I'd imagine.

The Birmingham and Wigan who have both won more than nufc in the last 50 years?

Same here, but I was just saying its not a myth that it can be damaging to relegation teams, that's all

It's a huge risk, injuries alone but the focus as you progress and the attitude that the league is second to it means its generally not worth the risk as the outcome tends to be one of the top 6 win it. But, its what football is about. I'd like to see us try, you never know it may also lift the club as opposed to distracting it from the relegation battle.

For me it's how Leicester won the league, all the top clubs had champions league ambitions whereas they just had one premiership game at a time. Fresh and fit.

That’s modern football for you and of course where we are as a club under Ashley.

The FA Cup is potentially harmful to clubs looking to survive relegation and even then it’s about as welcome to most clubs, players and managers regardless as festive fixtures are.

I guarantee Rafa hates having to take any competition or game lightly though.

I’d like to see FA Cup winners rewarded with a CL spot and replays scrapped.

Harmful in what way!? It's a few extra games a week apart from pl games. It's a myth

Birmingham and Wigan would disagree I'd imagine.

The Birmingham and Wigan who have both won more than nufc in the last 50 years?

The FA Cup is potentially harmful to clubs looking to survive relegation

Birmingham won the league cup and it was over by February. I'm sure a few extra cup games once a week had nothing to do with Wigan going down. People are going on like the fa cup is played midweek and every round is played 3 days before a league game, if that was the case I could see the point but it's not

You could argue as a team with only 4 wins in 24 games this season (i think) a win might do our confidence a world of good.

Understand Rafa thinking mind, a bigger better squad should be in place and there's only one man to blame as to why there's not.

You could argue as a team with only 4 wins in 24 games this season (i think) a win might do our confidence a world of good.

Understand Rafa thinking mind, a bigger better squad should be in place and there's only one man to blame as to why there's not.

Risking first team injuries for a competition we clearly don't have the quality or depth to go for is why Rafa will ring in the changes

Myself and many others would die a happy man if we won the FA Cup I couldn't give a shit if we spent 10 years in the Championship after it at least I could enjoy that day and say I've seen us win something

Sadly I've already accepted I'll never see us win anything

I think I'd rather Rafa went absolutely all out to win the FA Cup, won it, and then left with his fingers sticking up. Even if it was at the expense of our survival. He'd leave a God and having given us the greatest moment of many of our NUFC-supporting lives.

But I don't begrudge him this approach. There's obviously a part of him that hopes we're Ashley-less come August and he can finally get his chance to build something. We need to be in the Premier League for that, and the key players are just too important

Risking first team injuries for a competition we clearly don't have the quality or depth to go for is why Rafa will ring in the changes

I know, just offering a different perspective to it.

Careful your starting to sound like me and its scary

Careful your starting to sound like me and its scary

Oh no  :lol:

lots of dreamers in here,rafa has very little interest in the fa cup,only an excersise to try a few fringe players

Rafa is probably very interested in the FA Cup, unfortunately he also has the task of keeping this appalling squad in the Premier League.

lots of dreamers in here,rafa has very little interest in the fa cup,only an excersise to try a few fringe players

edit: i dare say he has moments when he dreams what could be but then quickly snaps out of it

edit: i dare say he has moments when he dreams what could be but then quickly snaps out of it

You're right, "ahhhh what it would be like to have a squad capable of competing for honours......"  Then a big image of Mike Ashley clouds his thoughts and it's back to reality.

Knowing that you have no chance of winning the cup, why risk players who we really can't do without. Can you imagine what would happen if Joselu picked up a bad injury and we lost him for the rest of the season.........

Rafa is probably very interested in the FA Cup, unfortunately he also has the task of keeping this appalling squad in the Premier League.

He's not interested in it at all because he knows we've got absolutely zero chance of winning it.