Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes but you can from Dubravka, Ki, Schaar, Fernandez and Lejeune. 5 good PL players who cost a combined total of under £20m. That doesn't even buy the big clubs a squad player these days. When you are shopping In the bargain basement it's inevitable that you'll end up with duds but what Rafa has brought in with the peanuts he's had to spend has been nothing short of miraculous. Imagine what he could do with an actual transfer budget.

Spot on mate.

Some of our fans are utter morons when they have a go at Rafa for the singings of the likes of Joselu, Manquillo etc - do they really think they were anywhere near the top of his list!?

I wonder what Rafa's finally tally is with transfers since he came I bet he's in profit.

Spent circa £124m

Recouped circa £142m

Spent White Mike’s wallpaper fund on Joselu and, the devil reborn, Jacob Murphy though so it’s moot.

I wonder what Rafa's finally tally is with transfers since he came I bet he's in profit.

Spent circa £124m

Recouped circa £142m

Spent White Mike’s wallpaper fund on Joselu and, the devil reborn, Jacob Murphy though so it’s moot.

But but we pay cash up front and receive by installments and this we have no moolah only wallpaper :lol:

Obviously those figures include money recouped for players he didn't waste money on but from his transfers left at the club I reckon:

Could sell for profit on fee paid: Dubravka, Lejeune, Yedlin, Schar, Hayden, Gayle, Ki.

Could sell for around same fee paid: Fernandez, Astu, Ritchie, Diame.

Could sell for small loss on fee paid: Manquillo, Murphy, Muto, Joselu, Lazaar.

Spent circa £124m

Recouped circa £142m

Cheers, I just hate the fact that cockeyed Wise and duck lips will spin that to say "Mike has given Rafa £124 million and now he wants more"

Didn't we get our money back for Hanley?

TransferMarket says we lost £3m on him.

Did his job to help get us promoted, so i reckon we made far more than we lost. Not that the morons running the club will see it that way.

Guest neesy111

Did his job to help get us promoted, so i reckon we made far more than we lost. Not that the morons running the club will see that way.

:thup:

Did his job to help get us promoted, so i reckon we made far more than we lost. Not that the morons running the club will see that way.

Hanley was sound. Did his job, never moaned, helped us get promoted.  No problems with him.

Hanley was sound. Did his job, never moaned, helped us get promoted.  No problems with him.

Aye, same goes for Daryl Murphy.  Not the most glamourous signings but they were solid champo players who did a job for us and left on good terms.

Obviously those figures include money recouped for players he didn't waste money on but from his transfers left at the club I reckon:

Could sell for profit on fee paid: Dubravka, Lejeune, Yedlin, Schar, Hayden, Gayle, Ki.

Ki and Schar were freebies can't fail to make profit on them

Can't see making profit on Gayle either

No he wasn't

Leicester is closer to home for him and is currently a much better "project" unfortunately. It wouldn't be the greatest shock for him to be there once his contract expires.

Think that's a good call actually  :'(

I think he likes as us fans though and our passion and commitment. Sees parallels with the scousers for some reason.

Not sure he’ll see Leicester fans in the same way but I agree that the pull of being closer to home and actually being allowed to compete for honours like a normal football club could be a big draw for him.

Don't confuse his love of fans with enjoying the £££ more. I doubt he gives two flying f***s for the fans here or anywhere he's been.

f*** off you c***, don't care if I get banned for this, what an utter cretin you are if you believe this. Go suck Ashley off!

Deary me!

I would like to apologise to anyone who was offended by this comment. I think I should not have used this language.

The sentiment in the post is still unchanged though ;)

Hanley did moan a bit iirc. Wanted to play and I don’t blame him a bit for it.

No he wasn't

He's easily a £10-15m defender, if not more.