Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I reckon this will drag on until mid-late June before we spend 30m including sales

dont think rafa would let it drag on that far.

he'll want an answer before then. if he doesnt get one, he'll be off.

whther he needs to look for a new job, or whether he needs to start preparing us for next season - he'll demand an answer before then,

The state of this club man. We’ve finally got a world class manager who loves his work. He wants the club to invest in our academy, and guess what, produce our own world class players so no need to pay the ridiculous rates so prevalent at the moment.

These cunts should be rolling out the red carpet for him.

/waitingagain

Guest godzilla

I reckon this will drag on until mid-late June before we spend 30m including sales

dont think rafa would let it drag on that far.

he'll want an answer before then. if he doesnt get one, he'll be off.

whther he needs to look for a new job, or whether he needs to start preparing us for next season - he'll demand an answer before then,

Didn't he say 10 days last weekend. Think we will hear something in the next day or two as you're right no way Rafa will let it drag on.

Guest covmag

Ashley will drag the fucker out till there’s no signings to be had as time is against us and he will troop out “we tried” .Its him all ower

Guest godzilla

Ashley will drag the f***er out till there’s no signings to be had as time is against us and he will troop out “we tried” .Its him all ower

Don't think Rafa will let him, fully expect an announcement in the next few days either from the club confirming him staying on or Rafa to confirm he is leaving.

Not sure if it’s linked to any structure requests Rafa has made but an apple eating legend will be taking up a new role this week or next. Either way it’s a new position that we didn’t have previously for a loan co-ordinator (which the Ronny reported about a couple of months ago).

Wait ... and Shola is going to be doing this?

The guy that walked into his unkempt house and thought robbers had visited him?!

Father, Lord please have mercy on us!!!!!

It's not like Shola isn't qualified.

Ameobi has completed his coaching badges and UEFA A Licence in recent years, leaving open the possibility that he could one day go into management

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shola-ameobi-insists-playing-days-15218336

The forward has been coaching in Newcastle Academy for some years and having completed his coaching certificates, he is eyeing a managerial job should his move to secure a playing contract fail to come to reality.

"I've had to think about the future. I've done all of my coaching badges and A Licence,” he continued.

"I've been coaching with the academy for years now since I was at Newcastle. I enjoy passing on what I learnt because I grew up in that academy and have a lot of experiences."

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/active-shola-ameobi-open-to-coaching/8e7u15jye9st1xb85mdmym1v1

I think it’s a great idea for a role and obviously it’s come from Rafa as no one else at the club would have thought about it and then tried to push it through. Sorensen loan was a huge fuck up, really the lad should have cracked league one and done well enough to be looking at lower end championship for next season, however we’re going to struggle to get him game time back in l1 this coming season.

Woodman ffs, we’re doing our best to ruin his career.