Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It's more likely that all rafas demands have been refused and as he is still employed he has been sworn to silence while the club are searching for his successor. Hope I'm wrong but it's a very likely scenario.

Nah

Mark Douglas ‘gut feeling’ is we still won’t know by Sunday

No, his guy feeling is maybe we won’t. Such a side step journo answer.  :jesuswept:

Needs to stop feeling guys and do his fucking job.

If Rafa was angry at something, we would know about it by now. He was leaking loads during the previous transfer windows about his frustrations.

Yep. This was going to be a slightly drawn out affair. Ashley will try to bat down Rafa's requests a bit and Rafa is going to ask for more than he really wants. Everything we know about the pair suggests it was never going to sorted quickly, unless it was Rafa telling Ashley to stuff it.

Charners is only allowed dial-up internet on his etch-a-sketch so it takes a while for him to send his emails to Rafa and Mike during the negotiations. It’s no wonder progress is slow.

It can't be a surprise to anyone that our negotiations team is slow.

By this time in a player transfer we would still be monitoring.

:lol:

I'm surprised that people seem to have expected a swift resolution.

I still see it as positive until we hear otherwise.  If there are still murmurs that they are talking, it means Mike hasn't completely fucked it up...yet.

The restructure of the academy staff is hopefully a good indicator. Neil Redfearn the front runner according to the Chron.

Interesting but why is it a good indicator though?

Would Redfearn be a Rafa appointment? Isn’t it just the club replacing the gap caused by Beardsley’s departure?

I might be missing something

The restructure of the academy staff is hopefully a good indicator. Neil Redfearn the front runner according to the Chron.

Interesting but why is it a good indicator though?

Would Redfearn be a Rafa appointment? Isn’t it just the club replacing the gap caused by Beardsley’s departure?

I might be missing something

If Rafa is the driving force behind the restructure, which we're lead to believe he is, I'd assume he'd be central to any appointments. I'm just speculating of course.

Guest covmag

Amazing how Rafa is even considering working with these people.

Genuinely because he loves it here and can see what we are about, I’m expecting no miracles with this regime or Rafa, just some desire to keep up with the rest of the mid table sides.stand still and you die, shows what a good job the Spaniard is doing  O0

The guy is properly in love. Everyone else thinks he's crazy for even contemplating staying with Ashley, especially with such attractive alternatives, but he's determined to bloody stay. Which is mad. What a legend.

Redfearn worked with the U23s for about a month during the season just gone on a short term contract. So Ben Dawson and Rafa have a bit more insight into his working methods than usual.

Guest covmag

The guy is properly in love. Everyone else thinks he's crazy for even contemplating staying with Ashley, especially with such attractive alternatives, but he's determined to bloody stay. Which is mad. What a legend.

The whole job etc suits him fine, he’s well paid mind , there’s that as well. ;D

If he can keep us 'competitive' while Ashley's still here, and can get him to back down a little bit with regards to his demands to make his job bearable, maybe, just maybe he'll be able to outlast him.  Rafa makes us a more attractive proposition.

Imagine Rafa is still here when fatty is gone, it would be his greatest achievement :lol:

I'm apparently on a different planet today.

Really hope if that’s the case it doesn’t cloud his better judgement because if it’s Groundhog Day again it’s just another wasted opp but then again so is not having him here. Real dilemma.

If he can keep us 'competitive' while Ashley's still here, and can get him to back down a little bit with regards to his demands to make his job bearable, maybe, just maybe he'll be able to outlast him.  Rafa makes us a more attractive proposition.

Imagine Rafa is still here when fatty is gone, it would be his greatest achievement :lol:

I'm apparently on a different planet today.

What's this shit?! Rafa is still ambitious, he said it just recently. He's not going to accept mediocre plans. And he's obviously approaching the latter end of his career.