Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest chopey

At this stage after 12 years I dont think anything could make Ashley angry so long as the money is rolling in and if he can produce the most expensive shirts in Europe and put 25% on the ticket price every couple of years and we still rock up every week we deserve everything we get.

My reading of that article is that Caulkin doesn’t really know what’ll happen with Rafa either. Certainly doesn’t say Rafa will definitely leave.

I can’t see him going to China and there are no other openings in the Premier League so......

Maybe I’m just an eternal optimist.

Tbh nothing that concerning from Caulkin we didn't already know. It's always been takeover and Rafa or bust.

Justin Barnes though...

Yeah that’s the only bit that scared me too.

Saw my man at the club today, and he had no news on Rafa or the takeover, but he'd heard from one of the coaches that we'd agreed a deal for Rondon.

Fingers crossed.

That’s got to mean Rafa is staying if true. No way Ashley would sanction that of his own accord.

Wild idea.

If Rafa leaves we should act like the club has died. Hundreds of fans turning up to lay wreaths and flowers outside the ground as though someone has actually died.

That would be all over the news and have steam coming out the fat c***s ears.

Absolute mackem behaviour that. Not saying action shouldn't be taken, but that kind of thing will get the piss taken out of us for decades.

Imagine a world where one of the new owners would be waiting for his deal to expire before buying us. Frightening.

FWIW, when I had inside info last time, Kenyon had Aitor Karanka lined up as NUFC Boss. Crazy but completely true.

We'll be lost without Rafa's professionalism.

I'd be absolutely gutted to lose him.