Newcastle United 1 - 1 Liverpool - 01/10/17 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Who got MoM on Sky, fellas?

Matt Ritchie.

:thup: Listened on the radio - sounded like we grafted hard.

We certainly did, all the players worked bloody hard. For me Yedlin was the best overall but it was hard to call, its just his defensive work, covering, well everything just stood out.

Take that all day, they've got some brilliant attacking talent that we basically snuffed out. Kind of depressing how little we offered in an attacking sense in the second half but we've got to remember where we are at the moment. A point against Liverpool is a good result.

It cannot be emphasised enough how many points we'll lose by not having a 15-20 goal striker like. It's a fucking crime we left that window with fucking Joselu.

15-20 goal strikers are few and far between like. We could do with a couple capable of double figures at this level for a start.

They aren't mind. Llorente, Defoe, King & Benteke all hit at least 15 last year for shite clurbs.

Fair enough, but two of those are old and Benteke cost Palace £27m.

Oh aye, I'm not saying them specifically like, just that if we wanted to sign a striker capable of scorer 15-20 we could have done it 'fairly easily' imo. We have some fairly average players in the side but it's the position that we'd benefit most from for me. Probably even more so than a proper AM because of the way we're playing.

I'll take that point. For long periods of the match I was bored out of mind, which isn't a bad thing. We just never really looked like conceding except for in the fashion we did. It's nice to sit there bored because of how solid we are.

I still think the Shelvey and Merino partnership gave up too much space but luckily it wasn't exploited.

I'd say only City are probably a bigger threat in terms of exploiting a lack of mobility in midfield, so we should be good in terms of using that partnership against most of the league.

I still think the Shelvey and Merino partnership gave up too much space but luckily it wasn't exploited.

I'd say only City are probably a bigger threat in terms of exploiting a lack of mobility in midfield, so we should be good in terms of using that partnership against most of the league.

I disagree like, I thought Shelvey did really well in the deeper role and Liverpool benefited from Merino's sloppiness. In fact most of the time they got through I though it was down to us being a bit sloppy.

I think with Merino being a bit sharper we'll look better with them both in there.

Merino wasn't at his best today, perhaps a little overawed by the occasion. That said it was still a decent performance from him in a defensive sense and I'm looking forward to seeing him and Shelvey start more games together. Having two good passers that are very comfortable on the ball in the middle of the pitch is jizzworthy.

Take that all day, they've got some brilliant attacking talent that we basically snuffed out. Kind of depressing how little we offered in an attacking sense in the second half but we've got to remember where we are at the moment. A point against Liverpool is a good result.

It cannot be emphasised enough how many points we'll lose by not having a 15-20 goal striker like. It's a f***ing crime we left that window with f***ing Joselu.

15-20 goal strikers are few and far between like. We could do with a couple capable of double figures at this level for a start.

They aren't mind. Llorente, Defoe, King & Benteke all hit at least 15 last year for s**** clurbs.

If we're planning on spending any money in January then bids for either Benteke or King would be my top priority. King will be difficult as Bournmouth should survive, but if Palace continue like this then they could be all but relegated by then.

That's what I mean I feel like there was too much space between Shelvey and Merino.

Obviously being hyper critical but it made me very nervous :lol: plus it's their first start together so they'll no doubt improve.

Plus as I said there's very few teams better than Liverpool at exploiting that sort of stuff so it's promising none the less.

Merino wasn't at his best today, perhaps a little overawed by the occasion. That said it was still a decent performance from him in a defensive sense and I'm looking forward to seeing him and Shelvey start more games together. Having two good passers that are very comfortable on the ball in the middle of the pitch is jizzworthy.

:lol:

I thought Merino was quite good today. Some sloppyness but overall he did well. We never seem to agree on him.

Perez has moments like. That flick and through ball to Atsu (who should have had a free kick.) was lovely. He always feels like hes just losing the ball a second before somethings about to happen.

Someone on here summed it up quite well recently (can't remember who) saying that he manages to make some difficult stuff look easy then make the easy stuff look hard. Always puts a shift in though.

Very good performance today. Feared the floodgates could open after Coutinho's goal. Then I remembered Rafa. :smitten:

Klopp arguing what counts as a shot on target.

He's right, the one Lascelles blocked wasnt classed as a shot on target. Which is quite stupid really. Not the one that hit his hand by way, the other one.

Bit pointless in a post match interview to be honest. Doubt Liverpool fans give a fuck.

Klopp arguing what counts as a shot on target.

He's right, the one Lascelles blocked wasnt classed as a shot on target. Which is quite stupid really. Not the one that hit his hand by way, the other one.

Bit pointless in a post match interview to be honest. Doubt Liverpool fans give a fuck.

Very true  O0