Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

A terrible half would be being 2 or 3 down, not a 0-0. Still everything to play for, a Rafa HT team talk and Merino to come.

Still disgusted that Cabaye wasn't sent off, like. It was as red as it gets.

Poor half of football from both sides, not much quality on show. Townsend and Zaha look dangerous, wish we had some of that pace and technique available. Atsu's basically our only attacking threat so far.

Merino on for Hayden seems like a good bet, Hayden's not been in the game.

We've got no control of the game, had nothing in central midfield and therefore nothing beyond that. Hayden may as well have not been on the pitch, not in the game at all. Need to change that.

I want to see Mitro as well but I feel he hasn't got a full half in him without being sent off. :lol:

Kind of think he would have to do something really bad after the Cabaye non red though. I'd risk it

:lol: This is Newcastle, he'll probably get done with a Zaha dive and get a straight red, after one of our centre backs get a second yellow and Cabaye scores of course.

:lol: would take a Mitro red if he head butted Cabaye like he did for that Anderlecht red he got

I'd want him to pick him up by the neck and chuck him into the stands.  :lol:

A terrible half would be being 2 or 3 down, not a 0-0. Still everything to play for, a Rafa HT team talk and Merino to come.

Still disgusted that Cabaye wasn't sent off, like. It was as red as it gets.

:thup:

We've not got going yet, but it's 0-0. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It's been Lejeune when Townsend's been getting in, not Manquillo. Granted, it begs the question of where Manquillo is if Lejeune's having to cover like.

That's my point, he's only getting in because Manquillo is nowhere to be found. It isn't happening on the other side because Yedlin isn't selling Lascelles down the river.

I don't consider that Lejeune's fault that he's getting beaten 1 v 1 because he has to cover another mistakes.

I wasn't aware of your post tbh. [emoji38] Replying more to the people saying that he was getting rinsed down that side, when he had clearly abandoned his post and therefore couldn't be getting rinsed.

This was always going to an awful game. Hodgson plays two banks of four and sits back, waiting to score on the counter or from a set piece. Rafa will know that and won't want Newcastle to commit too many men forward. The result = stalemate.

This was always going to an awful game. Hodgson plays two banks of four and sits back, waiting to score on the counter or from a set piece. Rafa will know that and won't want Newcastle to commit too many men forward. The result = stalemate.

Kenny, our best player is on the bench. We have something to break the stalemate.

Guest firetotheworks

I’d take a Mitrovic red card if he did absolutely anything of note during the game tbh. Joselu is Luuk de Jong levels of pointless.

I don't remember Luuk De Jong scoring.

It's been Lejeune when Townsend's been getting in, not Manquillo. Granted, it begs the question of where Manquillo is if Lejeune's having to cover like.

That's my point, he's only getting in because Manquillo is nowhere to be found. It isn't happening on the other side because Yedlin isn't selling Lascelles down the river.

I don't consider that Lejeune's fault that he's getting beaten 1 v 1 because he has to cover another mistakes.

I wasn't aware of your post tbh. [emoji38] Replying more to the people saying that he was getting rinsed down that side, when he had clearly abandoned his post and therefore couldn't be getting rinsed.

:lol: My bad i thought you were responding to me.