Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will that £350m include the ridding of the ties between the club and the fat man's vile company?

Of course, nobody's going to buy the club unless they have free reign to negotiate various deals to increase revenue.

:thup:

The thought of SJP without that red and blue shite all over it, beautiful.

This is where it all really starts though isn't it?  Staveley is no mug and the fat man is exactly what he is.  She is unlikely to be saying to her advisors 'Let's offer him what we can and get it done quickly'.  Similarly he is unlikely to accept the first offer and more likely to suggest a new figure which will be inflated.

And on it goes.....

My biggest concern is that Ashley is a gambler first, businessman second.

Not selling = almost certainly losing Rafa and probable relegation or having to invest heavily to keep him and stay up.

If PCP are the only serious potential buyer they have him over a barrel and he'll know it. The gambler in him must be bluffing to squeeze every penny he can out of them, knowing that he really has to be out by January.

This is where it all really starts though isn't it?  Staveley is no mug and the fat man is exactly what he is.  She is unlikely to be saying to her advisors 'Let's offer him what we can and get it done quickly'.  Similarly he is unlikely to accept the first offer and more likely to suggest a new figure which will be inflated.

And on it goes.....

Yup. We also have no idea if the decision to accept or reject a bid is entirely down to MA himself. I doubt he's doing the negotiations himself, and I wonder if he's making decisions himself or taking advice from his advisors.

And on it goes.....

Yup. We also have no idea if the decision to accept or reject a bid is entirely down to MA himself. I doubt he's doing the negotiations himself, and I wonder if he's making decisions himself or taking advice from his advisors.

If Ashley pulls the plug/forces PCP to pull out of a takeover due to being difficult to deal with and he takes the club off the market again then it'd be the most damaging thing he's done to the club in his tenure. It's absolutely pivotal that this happens.

I reckon it'll happen at 350m, based on fuck all, mainly hope

I don't, that's a huge step up from even the reported and disputed £300m.

I'm still hopeful a deal will be done though.

I don't think the figure (whatever it is) will change much at all. I think the structure and clauses are the key.

I reckon it'll happen at 350m, based on fuck all, mainly hope

I don't, that's a huge step up from even the reported and disputed £300m.

I'm still hopeful a deal will be done though.

I don't think the figure (whatever it is) will change much at all. I think the structure and clauses are the key.

Probably right.

And on it goes.....

The problem for both parties is that January is such a crucial time that it's in everyone's interest to get this done quickly. Fuck around negotiating for too long and we lose out on a very important transfer window.  That's why I like the relegation clause so much - if Ashley doesn't budge and they're still at the table in January, he's subject to the relegation clause and is almost forced to back Rafa. If he agrees to their offer and fucks off before January, i'm guessing the clause doesn't count.

If he really does want out then he's under pressure to accept PCP's offer because they look like the only serious bidder.

And on it goes.....

The problem for both parties is that January is such a crucial time that it's in everyone's interest to get this done quickly. Fuck around negotiating for too long and we lose out on a very important transfer window.  That's why I like the relegation clause so much - if Ashley doesn't budge and they're still at the table in January, he's subject to the relegation clause and is almost forced to back Rafa. If he agrees to their offer and fucks off before January, i'm guessing the clause doesn't count.

If he really does want out then he's under pressure to accept PCP's offer because they look like the only serious bidder.

I think this is where Rafa is going with his quotes though. Remember, there's no real value in January. As much as we're desperate for about 4 new players in, I'd be more worried if we went into the summer transfer window still unsure who owns us.

We'll sign a couple in January anyway.

I still think the most likely outcome is that we don't get sold to PCP and Ashley takes the For Sale sign down.

The club is utterly f***ed if that's the case. The best time for Ashley to get out is now and surely he recognises this.

Hopefully the folks at Dentons are advising him to get it done and laying out the risks associated with his valuation if he doesn’t sell, doesn’t invest, and gets relegated / Rafa walks. He’ll be losing over 150m+ on that 400m he wanted so dearly.

Should get a sweepstake going; the date a deal is agreed and the value.

Monday 27 November - £334.6m Figures 1-0 Football

Monday 4th December - £300m up front with £45m in 'clauses' JP

Once a price is agreed it will then take us into January until the official club statement, however.

Hopefully the folks at Dentons are advising him to get it done and laying out the risks associated with his valuation if he doesn’t sell, doesn’t invest, and gets relegated / Rafa walks. He’ll be losing over 150m+ on that 400m he wanted so dearly.

I'm sure like any good law firm they'll be telling him 'that's a commercial point'. In terms of valuing the business he'll be advising himself.

Once a price is agreed it will then take us into January until the official club statement, however.

They can close much quicker than that.

I still think the most likely outcome is that we don't get sold to PCP and Ashley takes the For Sale sign down.

The club is utterly fucked if that's the case. The best time for Ashley to get out is now and surely he recognises this.

It also depends on if any of his advisors have the balls to disagree with him if at any point thinks about rejecting the offer outright.

We know he doesn't surround himself with people who disagree with any of his decisions.