Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So is this £350m figure legit? If somebody offers that he'll fuck off?

Who knows? But it's probably not far from the truth, I think he'd happily take that if it was offered, but given we are probably going to be not too far from the relegation zone, then PCP will use that to drive the price down.

Who knows? But it's probably not far from the truth, I think he'd happily take that if it was offered, but given we are probably going to be not too far from the relegation zone, then PCP will use that to drive the price down.

I wouldn't think you would have much joy with using a possible (but unlikely) future event to drive down the price of a company.

I wouldn't think you would have much joy with using a possible (but unlikely) future event to drive down the price of a company.

Wouldn't be so sure of that, a company's value is based pretty much entirely on expected future income, so a possible relegation where a big chunk of that income would disappear will drive the price down.

In that case Ashley should probably consider spending big in the January transfer window if a price isn't agreed, because relegation is still a very real possibility.

I thought a company's value was based almost entirely on current performance? I've been watching too much Dragon's Den.

There are probably a million different ways of valuing a company tbf, but that's how I remember it from the economy that I've studied.

Good read from 365, F' all about the takeover really.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-newcastle-united-waiting-to-be-loved-again

Is Daniel Storey a Newcastle fan / from the North East? Seen him write a few good things about us in the past and just noticed that the proceeds of his latest book go towards the Bobby Robson Foundation.

Forest fan IIRC.

I thought a company's value was based almost entirely on current performance? I've been watching too much Dragon's Den.

The value of anything and everything is based on what a buyer is willing to pay.

And the amount the buyer is willing to pay is usually based on current value, expected growth yadda yadda yadda. Very simplistic to throw that term around when talking about any businessman apart from MA.

Has there been anything more from Uncle Bingo??

He mentioned his mate was going to find out more about the bid last night but couldn't see any update from him????

I doubt there has been as I’ve messaged him (the source not Uncle Bingo!) and heard nothing back!

Guest Howaythetoon

The value of anything and everything is based on what a buyer is willing to pay.

This. I love Dragon’s Den btw.

With a business as volotile as NUFC can be, there is almost 3 kinds of valuations. What is the club worth right now as a business, I.e. turnover, assets, profit etc. What is it worth going forward, new TV deals, possible CL footy etc. and general growth and what it is worth to someone who wants to own a premium football club. Plus what it could be worth if it got relegated or failed to miss out on say the CL etc. A football club is probably the hardest type of business to value because it’s depending on so many factors.

Mix all them things together though and you probably get your true valuation. Me, I’d say 300m would be a very fair price for the club as it stands, but looking ahead, a 400m valuation wouldn’t be or shouldn’t be deemed stupid. Obvious valuation? Somewhere in the middle.

350m is what we will probably go for, with certain clauses and stipulations in place. If Ashley really does want out and a quick no strings attached sale, he’ll settle for 300m which gets him his money back and a huge profit. He will lose out on SD advertising and exposure and future growth estimates RE TV income etc. though which you also have to consider.

As a businessman you can’t just say well the club is worth this and this is what you paid for it nd expect Ashley to sell up because to him, it’s worth more than say 300m. Either way whatever he has spent on buying it, he will always get back, but he will lose out on all the advertising and future stuff.

When you think about it, it’s not a bad model to pump a few hundred million into because I think overal that money spend on purchase etc. is almost guaranteed. Money in the bank basically.

He has done extremely well out of NUFC you have to say from his own financial point of view and that of his other company.

Any new buyer, what you are buying, is a company that has an almost guaranteed income based on customers and huge potential growth in terms of additional revenues with sponsorship, TV money and other commercial stuff.

That alone makes NUFC more than worth 350m which is what I’d be wanting if I was Ashley and if I were genuine about building NUFC up, would pay.

To get to the top will of course cost huge money and there are no guuarantees but get it right and well, just look at Chelsea or Man City, mega clubs.

Has there been anything more from Uncle Bingo??

He mentioned his mate was going to find out more about the bid last night but couldn't see any update from him????

I doubt there has been as I’ve messaged him (the source not Uncle Bingo!) and heard nothing back!

Hopefully he gets back with something positive

This. I love Dragon’s Den btw.

With a business as volotile as NUFC can be, there is almost 3 kinds of valuations. What is the club worth right now as a business, I.e. turnover, assets, profit etc. What is it worth going forward, new TV deals, possible CL footy etc. and general growth and what it is worth to someone who wants to own a premium football club. Plus what it could be worth if it got relegated or failed to miss out on say the CL etc. A football club is probably the hardest type of business to value because it’s depending on so many factors.

Mix all them things together though and you probably get your true valuation. Me, I’d say 300m would be a very fair price for the club as it stands, but looking ahead, a 400m valuation wouldn’t be or shouldn’t be deemed stupid. Obvious valuation? Somewhere in the middle.

350m is what we will probably go for, with certain clauses and stipulations in place. If Ashley really does want out and a quick no strings attached sale, he’ll settle for 300m which gets him his money back and a huge profit. He will lose out on SD advertising and exposure and future growth estimates RE TV income etc. though which you also have to consider.

As a businessman you can’t just say well the club is worth this and this is what you paid for it nd expect Ashley to sell up because to him, it’s worth more than say 300m. Either way whatever he has spent on buying it, he will always get back, but he will lose out on all the advertising and future stuff.

When you think about it, it’s not a bad model to pump a few hundred million into because I think overal that money spend on purchase etc. is almost guaranteed. Money in the bank basically.

He has done extremely well out of NUFC you have to say from his own financial point of view and that of his other company.

Any new buyer, what you are buying, is a company that has an almost guaranteed income based on customers and huge potential growth in terms of additional revenues with sponsorship, TV money and other commercial stuff.

That alone makes NUFC more than worth 350m which is what I’d be wanting if I was Ashley and if I were genuine about building NUFC up, would pay.

To get to the top will of course cost huge money and there are no guuarantees but get it right and well, just look at Chelsea or Man City, mega clubs.

Makes you wonder why they waste money on due diligence when you could have knocked something up on the value of the club in a paragraph  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will that £350m include the ridding of the ties between the club and the fat man's vile company?

Of course, nobody's going to buy the club unless they have free reign to negotiate various deals to increase revenue.