Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It’s definitely interesting in terms of timing, I’m just not sure how close they’ll be to the playing side and how much they’ll care about it at this stage.

Obviously relegation could destroy the value of what they’re buying so I guess they will have a view. Hopefully they just make Ashley spend a bit if he’s still the owner.

Unless something dramatic happens by say the end of next week, I think it'll all be off until the summer anyway. It'll be too risky for PCP and Ashley will be content to gamble on staying up and the club being worth more with a clean slate at the end of the season. He'll allow Rafa to spend a little in January to try and arrest this current form and we'll be shitting it until May.

It might well be enough. Guess who wins again.

NOPE.gif

Ok so here goes...

Lad at work, also works in hospitality at the club, has been told that the deal for PCP to buy the club has been done and that they are waiting for a couple of weeks to announce the deal.

Interestingly, he said Mike Ashley wants his money by Dec 15th (rather specific I thought), as he has a property deal in the pipeline.

Before anyone asks, I dont know how reliable he is, nor do I know who at the club told him. But if I didn't post it and it was true, I would be kicking myself.

Mustered up the effort to scour the back posts but here's the next 'ITK' deadline.

It would be nice to know what's actually going on regards this before the Leicester game, as it's all well and good celebrating our 125th anniversary, however the atmosphere will undoubtedly be a bit subdued with all the uncertainty around the future of the club. Oh for it to be sold beforehand...just imagine the positivity and buzz around the place.

Don't think there's really anything new in here but article in the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-sale-mike-ashley-amanda-staveley-january-transfer-plans-threat-rafa-benitez-a8094846.html

Mike Ashley and Amanda Staveley stand-off threatens Newcastle United's January transfer plans

Rafa Benitez's plans to reinforce his squad next month will be severely jeopardised if there is no progress in the talks between current owner Ashley and proposed new owner Staveley

Forty days. That is now the predicted timescale needed for the takeover of Newcastle United to be completed. Forty days, once a bid has been accepted. The estimate comes from those close to the Amanda Staveley camp.

There is an almost desperate quest now for positive news on the sale of a city’s football club to the still largely unknown financier from Yorkshire.

Forty days, however, suggests that the current state of limbo is about to hold for a significant period of January. Staveley’s bid of around £250m is already considerably short of what Ashley is willing to accept to end his decade in charge at St James’ Park. There has been nothing concrete to suggest he has dropped it from the high three hundreds.

Staveley will have to relent and up her bid to even bring Ashley and his advisors back to the table. The suggestion is that, with the threat of a relegation battle, she is not prepared to go any higher.

That could close the door on a possible takeover anyway, but even the positive take that was being put on the latest developments suggest another difficult and fraught month for the manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez is increasingly concerned about the impasse that the club may go through in next month’s transfer window.

That 40 day estimation, a real, best case scenario if a fee can be agreed, will do little to calm his fears.

The most problematic area remains the ability to agree a fee, for Staveley to convince Ashley she is genuinely ready to meet his selling price, which remains north of £300m and for the bid not to be weighed with caveats.

Ashley has held firm for nine years as he has looked to sell the club. Those believing that his dogmatic approach has radically changed need possibly to remember that.

The Staveley camp insist, however, that there is still desire to take over the club, to end a difficult decade in Newcastle’s history. Staveley herself will lead the financing, but even her group is aware the clock is ticking to be able to make any sort of impact in what feels another crucial transfer window.

There is still much to be done, not least getting anywhere near to agreeing a fee, but from there comes procedure; a formal period of due diligence, proof of funds, the Premier League’s Owners and Directors test and then a sales and purchase agreement being put in place.

All of those elements, which could potentially run through the difficult period of Christmas, are now predicted to take around 40 days. This is not the timescale that either party set when Ashley formally put the club up for sale once more in October and Staveley first showed her hand. Then the talk was of a change by Christmas. That deadline has passed, and the two sides have still a lengthy process to go through.

Benitez is worried about his ability to compete in the January transfer window. The last two windows have been hugely frustrating, which has been well documented and have cast doubt over his future.

The continued uncertainty will present another major problem. Ashley is unlikely to consider spending until there is a definite conclusion to the takeover talks. The timescale does not lend itself to the considered planning and constructive January that a team which has taken one point from the last 18 needs.

With or without a takeover, it points to a frenetic finish to the closing stages of a transfer window, at the end of January, a situation the club has been in before.

What the hell is a formal period of due diligence. Tried to google it and nothing for it think he has just made that up. They have already done due diligence why the heck would they then have another period. Also the premier league have said it would be a prity straight forward process for fit and proper persons test as long as the funding isn't from some bizarre sauce. I am still holding on to the hope they know fuck all and are just Filling article space to get clicks. For all we know they could announce the sale Saturday morning.

Would be a dream, atmosphere I think on Saturday will already be class but that being announced beforehand and the place would be something to behold. Heavily doubt it though.

Hardy seems to have made "formal due diligence" up like. They'll enter a exclusivity period and then sign contracts et cetera, literally a case of crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

Announce it late Friday night. Buzz carries over to the next morning. Amanda introduced to the crowd before kickoff. Mitro does a Shearer 4-3 Leicester then sent off for nutting Vardy. Great day.

Or they announce that he deal is off :lol:

Announce it late Friday night. Buzz carries over to the next morning. Amanda introduced to the crowd before kickoff. Mitro does a Shearer 4-3 Leicester then sent off for nutting Vardy. Great day.

Or they announce that he deal is off :lol:

The city of Newcastle would go full on Mad Max with that news.

Simon Jordan on talksport has said he doesn't think it will go through and £250 million is far to low because of the next TV deal

Did we do something to offend Jordan? Seems to really hate us.

He’s the Katie Hopkins of football, attention seeking that continues because they consistently get bites.

100% this. He just spouts a load of uninformed crap to get attention. He gets that attention because he's a confident speaker so people tend to think he actually knows what he's talking about.