Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amanda needs to put up or shut up or be labeled a time waster of Barry Moat proportions. Personally I think she has played this horribly.

Barry Moat was a PR stunt by Mike Ashley not a time waster.

Low balling bids & stupid clauses were never going to be acceptable to the fat man, no matter fair or reasonable anyone thinks they may be.

So in your own words a "fair or reasonable" bid is made yet she's a time waster of Barry Moat proportions because Mike Ashley doesn't have the common decency to respond? So your business experitse is essentially throw way more money over and above the valuation of the asset. No wonder the fans can't push for change, when there's still knackers who take Ashley's side.

Where did I take Ashley's side?

It's pretty simple. If Ashley don't get the price he wants, he's not gonna sell.

He owns the club and does what he wants. If Amanda wants to buy, she must pay what Ashley is asking for.

I think Amanda has played her cards and Ashley has responded that it's not enough. Now it's up to Amanda to raise her bid to what Ashley wants if she is gonna get the deal done. She must know by now exactly what it takes for Ashley to sell. So either she makes the bid or walk away. The only other option is to wait untill we are safe from relegation (I hope we will be) and start all over again because then the price will have gone up.

I dont think she will get a lower price even if we get relegated. What happens then is he will take the club off the market, wheel and deal on the transfermarket, get us promoted and put the club up for sale for a higher price than he asks for now.

So please, Amanda, offer what he wants and get the fat b*****d out once and for all. This is the best chance to get it done.

It's pretty simple. If Ashley don't get the price he wants, he's not gonna sell.

He owns the club and does what he wants. If Amanda wants to buy, she must pay what Ashley is asking for.

I think Amanda has played her cards and Ashley has responded that it's not enough. Now it's up to Amanda to raise her bid to what Ashley wants if she is gonna get the deal done. She must know by now exactly what it takes for Ashley to sell. So either she makes the bid or walk away. The only other option is to wait untill we are safe from relegation (I hope we will be) and start all over again because then the price will have gone up.

I dont think she will get a lower price even if we get relegated. What happens then is he will take the club off the market, wheel and deal on the transfermarket, get us promoted and put the club up for sale for a higher price than he asks for now.

So please, Amanda, offer what he wants and get the fat b*****d out once and for all. This is the best chance to get it done.

If we go down there is absolutely no guarantee that we will be back up anytime soon. Some clubs in the championship are outspending us now and some have far more ambitious and enthusiastic owners than we are lumbered with.

I fear for us if we go down, which is highly likely given zero transfer activity in this window, no takeover happening and the very real possibility of Rafa not being with us too much longer (I don't think he will walk, I think he will be sacked).

This takeover was vital. Without it we are fooked imo.

I do wish Staveley would just overspend and get it done. I'd do anything just to be rid of him.

I don't think he is overpricing the club. Think it's worth what he asks for. With the TV-deals the Premier League has theese days she will get her money back after a season or two. I don't mind if she takes a one off payment from the club to get back the "overpriced" money as long as she is open about it and we get rid of Ashley once and for all.

I presume these "pay the price", folk have never bought a car, property or business in their lives. In that world (you know, the real world) the seller of said property puts a high end value on the item and the buyer puts in a crazy low offer. From this point on, the buyer and seller negotiate their way to a middle ground, which both parties expected to happen from the start. Sometimes the buyer or seller has to come up or down on the final figure which they originally wanted, sometime they don't even find an agreement but this is the way it works in the real world and has done since cave men started trading sticks and stones.

Nobody in the history of world is stupid enough to bid the asking price at first but I know one man arrogant enough to expect it.

The problem is, to us the club is worth more than money. Most of us would give their right arm for a trophy or even the hope of one.

The idea that Neymar alone is worth more than our beautiful club makes me angry. Not because Neymar isn't a great player but because it's frustrating how de-valued our club has become.

I presume these "pay the price", folk have never bought a car, property or business in their lives. In that world (you know, the real world) the seller of said property puts a high end value on the item and the buyer puts in a crazy low offer. From this point on, the buyer and seller negotiate their way to a middle ground, which both parties expected to happen from the start. Sometimes the buyer or seller has to come up or down on the final figure which they originally wanted, sometime they don't even find an agreement but this is the way it works in the real world and has done since cave men started trading sticks and stones.

Nobody in the history of world is stupid enough to bid the asking price at first but I know one man arrogant enough to expect it.

I'm with you there. But the asking price and the low bid is there now and it's time for the next step. In this case Ashley is very stubborn and are ready to walk away. I don't say she has to pay the full asking price but she must now know what it will take, so go ahead and offer it or leave it.

Guest firetotheworks

Amanda needs to put up or shut up or be labeled a time waster of Barry Moat proportions. Personally I think she has played this horribly.

Ugh.

Guest firetotheworks

Low balling bids & stupid clauses were never going to be acceptable to the fat man, no matter fair or reasonable anyone thinks they may be.

So in your own words a "fair or reasonable" bid is made yet she's a time waster of Barry Moat proportions because Mike Ashley doesn't have the common decency to respond? So your business experitse is essentially throw way more money over and above the valuation of the asset. No wonder the fans can't push for change, when there's still knackers who take Ashley's side.

The bit where you think it's her fault for not playing his game.

I'm with you there. But the asking price and the low bid is there now and it's time for the next step. In this case Ashley is very stubborn and are ready to walk away. I don't say she has to pay the full asking price but she must now know what it will take, so go ahead and offer it or leave it.

If it were me. I'd get the correspondents and make them public (taking out the bits which would get her into trouble).

Mike Ashley said he wants this. (Show the email).

I've bid this. (Show the email again).

Balls in his court. If he doesn't accept his own asking price... there will be a strongly worded letter heading it's way South.

If it were me. I'd get the correspondents and make them public (taking out the bits which would get her into trouble).

Mike Ashley said he wants this. (Show the email).

I've bid this. (Show the email again).

Balls in his court. If he doesn't accept his own asking price... there will be a strongly worded letter heading it's way South.

But she haven't made a bid that's the same as the asking price.

Someone lowballed me on a car which I deemed so derisory that I ignored them.

They came back a couple of days later with a more acceptable starting point.

Does that make me Mike?

Someone lowballed me on a car which I deemed so derisory that I ignored them.

They came back a couple of days later with a more acceptable starting point.

Does that make me Mike?

No that's pretty standard. But you didn't go to the papers about it and refuse to sell your car to them?

The bit where you think it's her fault for not playing his game.

Not quite sure where I inferred that, if I did it wasn't intentional.

Amanda & Mike are both equally to blame for this situation. Whatever has happened so far hasn't worked from PCP, time to bid the asking price put the pressure on Mike.

Boumsong deal was done as a favour to Rangers ffs.

Bobby Robson says in his autobiography that he sent his scout up to Glasgow to watch Bobo Balde and Boumsong just after he'd joined Rangers sounding them out as replacements for Woodgate

Jesus, I never heard that. Bobo Balde! :lol:  Would be like replacing a paint brush with a sledgehammer.

I haven't lost all hope yet. Amanda must've known beforehand that she was entering into negotations with a cunt, and if she's serious about buying, I don't see why this should put her off. It's arguably a win-win for her. She sits back now and either laughs her tits off next year when Mike can't give the club away, or, if we stay up, she can make anotehr bid. After all, Team Stavely might feel more confident about meeting fatty's price knowing they can spend the summer offering the going rate for PL level footballers.