Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What he does with his own money is nothing to do with out transfer funds. Way too many people going mental over this on twitter

Maybe not but it’s just another kick in the baws to us

What he does with his own money is nothing to do with out transfer funds. Way too many people going mental over this on twitter

It is when he pleads poverty in terms of spending on us

And it's a loan. As in he intends to get it back, but he's willing to put money up front to help them improve their fortunes...

Exactly. He's more than willing to throw money at HoF but we've got guaranteed revenue streams and he wont even spend money we've actually brought in. Juxtapose it with us "not being able to afford" an 8m leftback and it's a complete pisstake.

Normally that would suggest he wants to sell but even his asking price is a piss take

Short version: Ashley's a cunt.

Longer version: He obviously is either banking on Rafa's ability as a manager for us to float around midtable for the season with no threat of relegation to bank another season's worth of TV money, or he wants to sell but for that we'd need someone like Staveley to come back in or Usmanov or any billionaire who wants a club and will call Ashley's bluff. Which is unlikely. Thus everyone will think everyone will think the former. Then it'll go tits up if Rafa leaves and an utter lickspittle clueless mong is brought in as manager who'll receive a windfall of circa £60m to spend.

Guest firetotheworks

Considering he'll spend his own money on HoF, but won't let NUFC spend the money it generates, let alone his own money, then makes out we're skint and he's skint when neither is anywhere near true, then yes it does.

After his inital couple of years, he’s only put money in out of necessity when we’ve gone down.

We should be furious at Ashley for his running of the club and how its holding us back, not his refusal for us to join the ranks of the bankrolled.

Also, what Haydn said.

Guest chopey

He's also not spending the money that we are generating. The bankrolled argument is extremely disingenuous imo. You can't go into football without the prospect of bankrolling the club to a certain degree.

If he doesn't want to do it, then by all means sell it to someone who does, because that's the modern era. I'm actually very angry at his refusal to let us join the ranks of the bankrolled, because that's what needs to be done to progress. Sell it to someone willing to invest in the infrastructure and the playing staff. It's complete and utter bollokcs that there are no buyers, his little rat bessy oppo Simon Jordan even said so himself.

He's like a petulant child

The best/worst thing Ashley has ever done is hire Rafa Benitez, best because he gave us part of our cloob back, worst for Ashley because Rafa embodies something he spent years trying to extinguish, hope.

Ashley and Pardew worked hard dashing hopes, dampening expectations and telling us, we can't afford, we can't compete, we are where we belong and apathy reigned. Anyone speaking out was told "support the team, not the regime" because that's what we were told to believe. In one season, with a modest squad, Rafa broke into the top 10 and showed us how we can compete, with a little investment in the right areas why couldn't we try for Europe, why can't we have a good cup run, you never know what might happen in a knockout tournament. Years of work undone in one season by one man. Ashley is trying to bring us back down to earth, undermine the man who awoke hope, dash the expectations of our support, but the damage is done. Never have I seen, under Ashley's stewardship, this amount of pressure building, the "support the team, not the regime" line touted so quietly by a minority.

The anger is brewing, I hope it doesn't fizzle out, I hope a couple of deadline day anticlimax deals don't hush the crowd. This feels different, this feels like for once the whole support is pulling in the same direction. Ashley needs to go before Rafa does or we've wasted a whole generation and we might not get another chance under a manager as good as this any time soon.

The best/worst thing Ashley has ever done is hire Rafa Benitez, best because he gave us part of our cloob back, worst for Ashley because Rafa embodies something he spent years trying to extinguish, hope.

Ashley and Pardew worked hard dashing hopes, dampening expectations and telling us, we can't afford, we can't compete, we are where we belong and apathy reigned. Anyone speaking out was told "support the team, not the regime" because that's what we were told to believe. In one season, with a modest squad, Rafa broke into the top 10 and showed us how we can compete, with a little investment in the right areas why couldn't we try for Europe, why can't we have a good cup run, you never know what might happen in a knockout tournament. Years of work undone in one season by one man. Ashley is trying to bring us back down to earth, undermine the man who awoke hope, dash the expectations of our support, but the damage is done. Never have I seen, under Ashley's stewardship, this amount of pressure building, the "support the team, not the regime" line touted so quietly by a minority.

The anger is brewing, I hope it doesn't fizzle out, I hope a couple of deadline day anticlimax deals don't hush the crowd. This feels different, this feels like for once the whole support is pulling in the same direction. Ashley needs to go before Rafa does or we've wasted a whole generation and we might not get another chance under a manager as good as this any time soon.

:thup:

I would like to think if Rafa goes it would finally be the straw that broke the camel's back. Two season's back in the Premier and we still haven't spent any serious money. It's a piss take to end all piss takes.

The stat i saw today i think went, Fulham have signed 6 players this window for over £10m, we've done that only 13 times (i think) in Ashley's entire 10 year ownership.

Pathetic man, he's just a leech.

Looking at these it's pathetic really

He's a recap of our top transfers

1. Michael Owen (£17m, 2005)

2. Alan Shearer (£15m, 1996)

3. Georginio Wijnaldum (£14.5m, 2014)

4. Aleksandar Mitrovic (£14m, 2014)

5. Florian Thauvin (£13m, 2014)

6= Jacob Murphy (£12m, 2017)

6= Jonjo Shelvey (£12m, 2015)

6= Andros Townsend (£12m, 2015)

6= Matt Ritchie (£12m, 2016)

10. Fabricio Coloccini (£10.3m, 2008)

11= Obafemi Martins (£10m, 2006)

11= Dwight Gayle (£10m, 2016)

Only signed ten players over £10m in our history. :lol:

Looking at these it's pathetic really

He's a recap of our top transfers

1. Michael Owen (£17m, 2005)

2. Alan Shearer (£15m, 1996)

3. Georginio Wijnaldum (£14.5m, 2014)

4. Aleksandar Mitrovic (£14m, 2014)

5. Florian Thauvin (£13m, 2014)

6= Jacob Murphy (£12m, 2017)

6= Jonjo Shelvey (£12m, 2015)

6= Andros Townsend (£12m, 2015)

6= Matt Ritchie (£12m, 2016)

10. Fabricio Coloccini (£10.3m, 2008)

11= Obafemi Martins (£10m, 2006)

11= Dwight Gayle (£10m, 2016)

Only signed ten players over £10m in our history. :lol:

FFS  :lol: Fulham have just done it 6 times in 3 weeks  :lol:

Edit : If Mawson signs for Fulham tomorrow then it's 6 players in 19 days  :lol: