Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

These ITKs...it's always "I've heard from a good source" but then it's "I'll believe it when I see it" and "don't shoot the messenger". Surely, if it's a "good source", then you must believe it yourself?

It depends what you hear doesn’t it?!

I’ve heard from a good source that part of the process is underway. Problem is it’s only part of the process and there are lots of parts - plenty of opportunity left for spanners in the works. It proves to me that there’s some truth in all of this but I’m still skeptical that anything will happen because Ashley is a proven cunt!

If I’d heard from the same source that the takeover was signed and sealed then there would be no ‘i’ll Believe it when I see it’

Guest firetotheworks

These ITKs...it's always "I've heard from a good source" but then it's "I'll believe it when I see it" and "don't shoot the messenger". Surely, if it's a "good source", then you must believe it yourself?

Exactly :thup:

Not necessarily. It's perfectly possible that they believe what they've been told and believe the person that told them but also understand that because Ashley's involved he can and probably will ruin the whole thing. That's basically what the situation's been for a month now regardless.

Kenyon ran the biggest club in the world for years, he will know every media source in Europe and we haven't heard a peep !!

Newcastle are not about to be sold

It’s the exact opposite. Still doubt it’ll happen though

Kenyon ran the smallest club in the world, he knows nobody, he's briefed the press every day, Newcastle will be sold ?

Kenyon ran the biggest club in the world for years, he will know every media source in Europe and we haven't heard a peep !!

I spoke to Caulkin a few months ago. He said he has heard that Kenyon is really interested, however at the time he was still working on gaining the funding. I don’t doubt that Kenyon is interested in buying the club, however how far along in the process is he? and is Ashley genuinely wanting to sell are two separate matters.

At the time Caulkin was under the impression that we would likely be looking at a sale towards the end of the season if not after the season had ended. So has Kenyon be able to set up a consortium and gain money faster than expected? Another question that we don’t have the answer too.

I reckon he WILL sell us. After Rafa goes - just to piss all over the fans.

Once Rafa goes, he's knocked millions off the value of the club. The club without Rafa will need tens of millions of extra investment just to stay up.

If Ashley wants to sell us under those terms, that's up to him I guess. But it's not in his interests.

That said, I don't think he will sell us at all. Burn it all to the ground as far as I'm concerned, at least until the day a takeover is actually signed.

Steve Howey saying something about he’s heard the prem league have been informed of a potential takeover and that there was an announcement originally planned prior to the Man Utd match.

Mark Douglas has checked with the PL a few times so I’m sure he’ll be on it soon

I’ve always found that quiet bizzare why they say they have checked with the Premier League. Surely they couldn’t divulge anything anyway if someone was having checks against them to own a club. What happens if it goes tits up and the Premier league have decided to tell everyone they could get sued.

The Premier League can’t stop clubs being sold, they can however prevent the registration of a club being transferred over to a new owner.

In saying this their rules are not fit for purpose in anyway. They are basically just saying that you can’t have went bankrupt and don’t have any major warrants for your arrest. Even then proof of funds or ways to maintain income will be enough to let those slide.

All else fails a little backhander to a board member will make sure you’ll be granted permission.

FFP and new ownership criteria’s are just things they say they implement to keep fans happy. At the end of the day so long as the FA or Premier League can make money from a club then they won’t give a fuck about who owns them.

I reckon he WILL sell us. After Rafa goes - just to piss all over the fans.

Once Rafa goes, he's knocked millions off the value of the club. The club without Rafa will need tens of millions of extra investment just to stay up.

If Ashley wants to sell us under those terms, that's up to him I guess. But it's not in his interests.

That said, I don't think he will sell us at all. Burn it all to the ground as far as I'm concerned, at least until the day a takeover is actually signed.

Ashley has his price - he doesn't see Rafa as relevant. I also think he would take great pleasure on shitting on both the fans and any new owners if he possibly could...

:lol:

If he is serious he's not going to tell anyone in the media anything.

Ashley sang like a Canary whilst supposedly under due diligence

Yes, as the seller. Quite considerably different.

If he knows al the media(wich he probably does) why hasn't he denied it to anybody if he's not interested in a takeover.

What's in it for him being linked with us if it's not true?

If he knows al the media(wich he probably does) why hasn't he denied it to anybody if he's not interested in a takeover.

Has anybody in the media asked him?

Fuck off man.  :lol:

You know the media right? The fuckers who will tap phones to get a story.

"No we thought we didn't want to bother Peter, he's a busy man."

There is a NDA, that's why he's saying fuck all and that's why we know fuck all.

There is a NDA, that's why he's saying fuck all and that's why we know fuck all.

that's what suggests there's interest to me

You don't sign the NDA if you're not interested to buy the club.

And signing the NDA doesn't mean you can't say you're interested or not. It means you're not allowed to to leak information about what you find out when checking the books.

Or am I wrong?

And signing the NDA doesn't mean you can't say you're interested or not. It means you're not allowed to to leak information about what you find out when checking the books.

Or am I wrong?

The NDA will be bespoke so you agree to not say whatever’s in the NDA. So no way of knowing

Or am I wrong?

The NDA will be bespoke so you agree to not say whatever’s in the NDA. So no way of knowing

Yes, that could be right of course.

But if he hasn't signed a NDA he could deny any interest and he hasn't.

And if he has signed he clearly has an interest.

Just think that the silence points to that someting is happening.