Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well if Ashley wants £350 mill think we can safely say this will never be happening,no one is paying close to that

Dunno, like.  £300m is a pretty fair price, meet halfway at £325m and everyone goes home happy.  I'm no Ashley fan but £250m is a pretty bad offer for NUFC as it stands.

:anguish:

Dunno what that's for.  £250m for one of the best supported PL clubs with a 52k seater stadium, massive potential and TV deals rolling in isn't a great price. Pretty much everyone in this thread so far agreed that wouldn't get it done so wind your neck in Doc Hollywood.

;)

Bet Ashley is gutted this didn't come out straight after the transfer deadline the smokescreen fabricating c***.

He released it that's how f***ing thick he is.

PCP are to blame. Ashley is saving the day allowing Rafa to sell some players and loaning a keeper from Sunday league in Botswana

mackems beat us to the keeper :rant:

Well if Ashley wants £350 mill think we can safely say this will never be happening,no one is paying close to that

Dunno, like.  £300m is a pretty fair price, meet halfway at £325m and everyone goes home happy.  I'm no Ashley fan but £250m is a pretty bad offer for NUFC as it stands.

Insane how NUFC is only worth 2 Coutinhos but hey ho

Not sure how £300m being a fair price then jumping another £25m  is meeting in the middle.

Anyway, Considering the £100m min hole in last years finacial figures. I've based this on the lost £77m dropping into the Championship (£115m in the prem v £38m in the champo). Aswell as the £30m million Mike loaned the club due to religation.  £250m seems more like a suitable valuation. Things need to be taken into account, First team needs massive investment over the coming years, The Academy needs growing and developing. This alone could be over £500m investment. Until we start to grow commercial that money whould have to come from a Good owner.

The future TV deal will only help to swell player prices devouring any increase in income from the deal. So the growth the club needs can only be generated through commercial revinues.

If you look at the Everton sale as a rough guide to values. I would say where behind them in terms of squad ability, aswell as the Finch Farm facility and there ability to bring young players through the ranks and sell for profit.

There sale was for a 49.9% Stake at a sale price of £175m or £350m for the club.  Are we really worth Ashley £380 asking price ??

Not sure how £300m being a fair price then jumping another £25m  is meeting in the middle.

Anyway, Considering the £100m min hole in last years finacial figures. I've based this on the lost £77m dropping into the Championship (£115m in the prem v £38m in the champo). Aswell as the £30m million Mike loaned the club due to religation.  £250m seems more like a suitable valuation. Things need to be taken into account, First team needs massive investment over the coming years, The Academy needs growing and developing. This alone could be over £500m investment. Until we start to grow commercial that money whould have to come from a Good owner.

The future TV deal will only help to swell player prices devouring any increase in income from the deal. So the growth the club needs can only be generated through commercial revinues.

If you look at the Everton sale as a rough guide to values. I would say where behind them in terms of squad ability, aswell as the Finch Farm facility and there ability to bring young players through the ranks and sell for profit.

There sale was for a 49.9% Stake at a sale price of £175m or £350m for the club.  Are we really worth Ashley £380 asking price ??

If you look at the sky subscribers Ashley has his value more than right. Viewers at the match are one of the highest in the league, away fans also, check. Sky subscribers also up there as the best if not the best. Every angle covered. He has run us as a Sports Direct subsidiary like he has with every other company he has done the same thing to when taking over. He does just enough and I wonder how many Rafa's/Managers in his business he has done the same thing to when stepping over them?

The Club valuation is not helped by the crazy player prices. Not saying we would sell them but I wonder how much Lascelles,Merino, Murphy and Atsu would be worth in the summer or the year after if they progress. Surely the longer the deal takes the value can only go up. Even the crapper players value could have gone up for the first time ever. 

If you look at the sky subscribers Ashley has his value more than right. Viewers at the match are one of the highest in the league, away fans also, check. Sky subscribers also up there as the best if not the best. Every angle covered. He has run us as a Sports Direct subsidiary like he has with every other company he has done the same thing to when taking over. He does just enough and I wonder how many Rafa's/Managers in his business he has done the same thing to when stepping over them?

Yeah don't disagree with the point about the TV money and it's value to Sports Direct. But it has no value to Newcastle united or the Value of club, now if the club received the correct value in sponsorship for hoarding space (value at upto £40m per season)then that would add to the value of the club.

I had a feeling a couple of weeks ago that this deal had died, but in hindsight I am kind of glad it wasn't sold to this set of bidders. I don't know why, I just had a feeling of deep disappointment when I saw who it was (based on nothing but gut feelings and nothing else).

Ah well, I guess it just means we missed out here so we could finally find our perfect owners.

Eurgh, here comes all the huff painting her in a bad light etc.

That article is a bullshit, Ashley puff piece. First of all, why didn't they write that a month or two ago?

Secondly:

It is not clear why Ashley would be expected to accept less even than the £263m he has spent on Newcastle, which he has made financially stable, in a vastly more lucrative Premier League than when he took over in 2007.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to and I'm not sure anyone is annoyed specifically because he won't accept £250m. However, the club he bought was firmly established in the PL, only a few years removed from the CL, hadn't been relegated since the start of the PL, and was one of the wealthiest clubs in the world before the PL's insane TV deals made that list mostly meaningless. Those TV deals are literally the only reason the club isn't worth a fraction of what he paid for it and he is doing nothing to ensure we continue to benefit from those deals.

Guest The Little Waster

I think this goes to show that he’ll never sell, because nobody wants to overpay for us.

Imagine standing outside the ground 19 weeks out of the year and having approx 52000 people hand you approx £40 each ( low estimate ) would you move from that spot ??

If the crowds ever fall to 25000 and we drop a couple of leagues - thats the only time he'll  fuck off . Nothing else will move him . No need for any protests just stop going and pray that in the short term we get relegated as many times as it takes to get rid of him

Imagine standing outside the ground 19 weeks out of the year and having approx 52000 people hand you approx £40 each ( low estimate ) would you move from that spot ??

If the crowds ever fall to 25000 and we drop a couple of leagues - thats the only time he'll  f*** off . Nothing else will move him . No need for any protests just stop going and pray that in the short term we get relegated as many times as it takes to get rid of him

Not for the easily disgusted...

TXMHTcA.gif 

Eurgh, here comes all the huff painting her in a bad light etc.

That article is a bullshit, Ashley puff piece. First of all, why didn't they write that a month or two ago?

Secondly:

It is not clear why Ashley would be expected to accept less even than the £263m he has spent on Newcastle, which he has made financially stable, in a vastly more lucrative Premier League than when he took over in 2007.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to and I'm not sure anyone is annoyed specifically because he won't accept £250m. However, the club he bought was firmly established in the PL, only a few years removed from the CL, hadn't been relegated since the start of the PL, and was one of the wealthiest clubs in the world before the PL's insane TV deals made that list mostly meaningless. Those TV deals are literally the only reason the club isn't worth a fraction of what he paid for it and he is doing nothing to ensure we continue to benefit from those deals.

I notice the article conveniently ignores the vast commercial benefit Sports Direct has received from its Premier League exposure thanks to the club, something it has paid precisely nothing for.

Interesting definition of financial stability as well, with two relegations and staring at a third all as a direct result of his management choices and decisions.