Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tbf if our options were NFL owners Arthur Blank's probably the best one we could hope for

Serious question, how come? I'm always very sceptical of NFL owners taking charge of football clubs due to the franchise nature of the NFL. :lol:

Anyone really going to change their minds about boycottint the Wolver game as a result of this crap? Really hope people are not so gullible.

People weren't going to do it anyway. You'll be lucky if there is a couple of thousand that don't attend, it won't arse him in the slightest.

The entire reason you're posting is because he's been arsed enough about it to go on Sky to lie about it.

Do you honestly believe that? He's got more important things going on. NUFC and a few fans boycotting one game is well down on his list of priorities.

I personally think he's tired of fighting on two fronts, his tat empire with Jo Public & the Government and the club with the fans, and he's choosing to jettison the club if someone can offer him decent terms. The club rewards him less and the gambles are a lot higher. He hasn't the stomach for another relegation or a continued fight with the fans. He wants out, more than ever. Keep the pressure on him, he's cracking, but for me his statement tonight is nothing to do with the Wolves game and everything to do with him wanting to get things moving so he can focus on SD and 'saving the high-street' with him investing the sale of the club either direct in to SD as the shares are down or him buying commercial property to become his own landlord.

I suppose time will tell for who is right. You're invited to my told you so party, they'll be cake and balloons ;)

Know this is probably one for the rumour bullshit bollocks, but I was told last week that the person interested was Arthur Blank, and no not a piss take. He’s the Co-owner of Home Depot and the Atalanta Falcons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Blank

Anyway, most likely bollocks and more lies but just thought I’d share.

Welcome, Arthur.

Know this is probably one for the rumour bullshit bollocks, but I was told last week that the person interested was Arthur Blank, and no not a piss take. He’s the Co-owner of Home Depot and the Atalanta Falcons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Blank

Anyway, most likely bollocks and more lies but just thought I’d share.

We'll take some of those Atlanta United players, too.

Miguel Almiron and Josef Martinez please!!!🤤🤪

Another advertisement to try and create a bidding war. Plus an excuse not to spend in January..... Rinse & Repeat.

So when has he acually in person been filmed on camera saying that he is hopefull a deal will be completed by January - doesn't need to say a word as previous and nobody expects him to spend. Might be a load of shit but actually he would put more pressure on himself if it was than he would by saying fuck all.

Tbf if our options were NFL owners Arthur Blank's probably the best one we could hope for

Serious question, how come? I'm always very sceptical of NFL owners taking charge of football clubs due to the franchise nature of the NFL. :lol:

He's just less of a terrible person than most. Even does smart things like lower the food/drink prices in his new stadium and of course they made more money from concessions because more people were willing to spend a normal price on food. Also his two teams are generally just good/well run.

Another advertisement to try and create a bidding war. Plus an excuse not to spend in January..... Rinse & Repeat.

So when has he acually in person been filmed on camera saying that he is hopefull a deal will be completed by January - doesn't need to say a word as previous and nobody expects him to spend. Might be a load of shit but actually he would put more pressure on himself if it was than he would by saying fuck all.

Good point!

Afraid to get my hopes up again though.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone really going to change their minds about boycottint the Wolver game as a result of this crap? Really hope people are not so gullible.

People weren't going to do it anyway. You'll be lucky if there is a couple of thousand that don't attend, it won't arse him in the slightest.

The entire reason you're posting is because he's been arsed enough about it to go on Sky to lie about it.

Do you honestly believe that? He's got more important things going on. NUFC and a few fans boycotting one game is well down on his list of priorities.

I personally think he's tired of fighting on two fronts, his tat empire with Jo Public & the Government and the club with the fans, and he's choosing to jettison the club if someone can offer him decent terms. The club rewards him less and the gambles are a lot higher. He hasn't the stomach for another relegation or a continued fight with the fans. He wants out, more than ever. Keep the pressure on him, he's cracking, but for me his statement tonight is nothing to do with the Wolves game and everything to do with him wanting to get things moving so he can focus on SD and 'saving the high-street' with him investing the sale of the club either direct in to SD as the shares are down or him buying commercial property to become his own landlord.

I suppose time will tell for who is right. You're invited to my told you so party, they'll be cake and balloons ;)

I dunno why I wouldn't believe that considering he's done it time and time and time again. Be it because of protests, or as an excuse to not spend. This one's a 2 for 1, even if the Wolves boycott is the none event everyone thinks it'll be. 

He's far more concerned about PR and manipulation than many of our fans seem to think and short of actually selling, there's a mountain of evidence that backs that up.

I will happily attend your party like, I'll never be more happy to be wrong.

Telegraph Sport understands than non-disclosure agreements were signed last month and the interested party is wealthy enough to do the deal without complications in terms of the asking price.

Guest firetotheworks

Even when it's obvious bullshit it still puts us in a position where we're talking about it instead of concentrating on getting him out.

Telegraph Sport understands than non-disclosure agreements were signed last month and the interested party is wealthy enough to do the deal without complications in terms of the asking price.

Gulp.

Good point!

Nether am I but it's not the same as previous and anyone who thinks it's just to avoid paying money in January is just daft - he need not have said fuck all like usual and nobody would have battered an eyelid. This actually puts him under more pressure.

Good point!

Nether am I but it's not the same as previous and anyone who thinks it's just to avoid paying money in January is just daft - he need not have said fuck all like usual and nobody would have battered an eyelid. This actually puts him under more pressure.

Aaahhh...!!!  Really getting my hopes up now.🤬

Wouldn't it be great if...

...aaahhh, calm the f**k down now.