Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just for the fun of it, who's to say a bid hasn't been made, accepted and they are now working on the other stuff ?

Nothing at all, it doesn't look like any news outlets/journalists have a clue whats actually happening. In reality you'd think it'd either be agreed by now or hanging from a thread.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

Entitlement is not the right word mind

Agree, but I’m feeling lazy. The general point is right — they owe us nothing and their offers are not indicative of anything that would happen if they did own us in the future. This is a business transaction.

Here, [emoji38] it's the right word for what I'm trying to say... I feel like statements like:

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

Are pretty entitled, like they owe us something. Entitlement is feeling like you have a 'right' to something or that you are owed, right? Seems the right word to me.

:thup: If it's not entitled, it's certainly looking a gift horse in the mouth. Not just Dokko either, it's probably just desperation more than anything.

I for one have stop believing whatever these journos are saying for now. They don't have a fucking clue. Sky suddenly comes up with that news today after the Times had it in their piece today. Nobody knows anything.

Just for the fun of it, who's to say a bid hasn't been made, accepted and they are now working on the other stuff ?

Ryder.

If that's the answer I could have asked "Who's to say it isn't Tuesday ?"

Ryder too

I still don't believe he has any intention of selling the club unless he gets an obscene offer which, let's face it, he won't.

The fact that he has openly put out a statement saying the club is for sale, negotiations have been going on for weeks and the Sky "interview" was practically an advert saying "please come and take this club off of my hands", suggest that he does have intention of selling it. The risk of relegation coupled with the current squad that we have put the club miles away from his £380m valuation or whatever it is. He won't get a better deal for it than a bid in the range of £250m-£320m.

I still don't believe he has any intention of selling the club unless he gets an obscene offer which, let's face it, he won't.

The fact that he has openly put out a statement saying the club is for sale, negotiations have been going on for weeks and the Sky "interview" was practically an advert saying "please come and take this club off of my hands", suggest that he does have intention of selling it. The risk of relegation coupled with the current squad that we have put the club miles away from his £380m valuation or whatever it is. He won't get a better deal for it than a bid in the range of £250m-£320m.

Correct.

As described by someone else but it makes sense......

He's like the owner of a vintage car that needs doing up. He knows done up it'll be worth a lot more than it currently is but he doesn't want to have to pay to do it up but wants to sell it taking onto consideration what it COULD be worth.

With nowt to go on (no, not like that bull dyke hair'd little mackem)I think this is the sticking point.

No one dares to believe that this is the current status because, well, this is NUFC. We aren't allowed nice things and all that.

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

Entitlement is not the right word mind

Agree, but I’m feeling lazy. The general point is right — they owe us nothing and their offers are not indicative of anything that would happen if they did own us in the future. This is a business transaction.

Here, :lol: it's the right word for what I'm trying to say... I feel like statements like:

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

Are pretty entitled, like they owe us something. Entitlement is feeling like you have a 'right' to something or that you are owed, right? Seems the right word to me.

Ashley, in buying a club of our stature, owes us (the fans, the city, the region) a competitively run club. His time here has, in terms of progress made, been a disaster. A takeover from someone willing to run the club in the right way would be a corrective to the penny-pinching, corrosive, and at times downright offensive (changing the name of the stadium, the huge SD advert on the Gallowgate roof, etc.) way the club has been run in recent years. We *are* owed more than we're getting - for the continued level of support under his manky stewardship if nothing else.

Aye fair enough, totally irrelevant seen as we're discussing PCP and what they owe us...which is obviously the sum total of fuck all.

Entitlement... What a gigantic fanny  :lol:

The bid will do more harm than good if it rattles on in to Jan with our hands tied, especially if it falls through.

What a way to try and start your tenure.

Entitlement  :lol: :lol:

In what way can a failed bid do us more harm than good? If there are other people willing to buy us, they'll buy us. In all other situations, Mike Ashley still controls the club and he still doesn't give us money to spend in Jan. PCP owe us nothing :lol: they can take as long as they like.

Should they just spunk an extra 50 million over the odds, to Mike Ashley of all people, because a business they have no investment in might go under/get relegated?

I hope we get sold in time for the transfer window too, it's just not their fault their valuation of the club is different to Ashley's.

Aye, I'm sure he'd sell if he was offered a daft sum, but he seems happy enough to hang on if he doesn't and continue to use the club as a branding tool for SD. That's a far cry from someone who wants out as we are led to believe.

Aye, I'm sure he'd sell if he was offered a daft sum, but he seems happy enough to hang on if he doesn't and continue to use the club as a branding tool for SD. That's a far cry from someone who wants out as we are led to believe.

I thinking how much the advertising is worth to Sports direct is overplayed fwiw.

In the current market, £250m for a PL Newcastle United with Rafa Benitez is quite cheap.

If that is the offer on the table, I’m unsurprisinged that he hasn’t accepted it. PCP need to up their offer, not the other way around.

In the current market, £250m for a PL Newcastle United with Rafa Benitez is quite cheap.

If that is the offer on the table, I’m unsurprisinged that he hasn’t accepted it. PCP need to up their offer, not the other way around.

250ml in the current market etc...show your workings out ?

This is what I was thinking...funny how so many people are experts at valuing a club now  :lol:

The playing staff alone would be worth £140mish (based on the values set by TransferMarkt), throw in the stadium, training facilities and all other land and goods owned by NUFC and you can easily see how the figure can rise.

The debt?

What is the value of Rafa to NUFC?

The academy?

The potential of the club...?

Etc.

There was an informative if not particularly decisive article by some football analyst who use the sale of Southampton as one of the several barometers by which he valued our club.

If you were to use them, though, I'd say an offer of 250-300m seems to be where we should be looking, although with the threat of HMRC and Relegation, I'd not be surprised if a bidder might be offering less than that. I think it would be a fairly reasonable stance as well.

Fuck knows if Southampton were value for money though :lol:.

He openly put out a statement in 2008 to say the club was up for sale as well, only it wasn't really.

He openly put out a statement in 2008 to say the club was up for sale as well, only it wasn't really.

Plus his interview was a way of sticking 2 fingers up to Rafa and the fans.