Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am probably being a bit thick here but if Amanda Staveley has to repay the £30m supposedly allocated to transfers, does that mean we don't have any money at all?  If it is coming out of the clubs's accounts, why would it have to be repaid or is Ashley having to loan the money to us?  And if Ashley is still in control, will he concede on the add-ons and wages or will we lose players because of an odd million or so on top of the fees as we seem to do with most of our targets.

We are probably better off with the loan market because January is not the time to restructure a squad unless the players you actually want are available otherwise you might end up with players not really wanted 6 months later.

I would hope that the only involvement ashley will have on any transfers in January is stumping up the wallpaper cash knowing that it will be repaid once the takeover is complete.  If he is indeed just putting the money in for transfers, he should have fuck all to do with the ins and outs of wages offered etc.

I am probably being a bit thick here but if Amanda Staveley has to repay the £30m supposedly allocated to transfers, does that mean we don't have any money at all?  If it is coming out of the clubs's accounts, why would it have to be repaid or is Ashley having to loan the money to us?  And if Ashley is still in control, will he concede on the add-ons and wages or will we lose players because of an odd million or so on top of the fees as we seem to do with most of our targets.

We are probably better off with the loan market because January is not the time to restructure a squad unless the players you actually want are available otherwise you might end up with players not really wanted 6 months later.

Cash flow, the club isn't likely to currently have £30m in the bank.  Normally a club would either loan the money until their next source of revenue comes in, or pay in installments like most clubs in this league so that only a fraction of the £30m is needed right away.

Micky Quinn on Talksport saying it's Staveley buying us solely and also it was stated that Ashley is busy with SD stuff at present so no news today.

I hope not, while she'd make for a glamorous owner, I doubt she's got the sort of money it would take to take us up a level in a hurry. Sounds like bollocks anyway.

I would hope that the only involvement ashley will have on any transfers in January is stumping up the wallpaper cash knowing that it will be repaid once the takeover is complete.  If he is indeed just putting the money in for transfers, he should have fuck all to do with the ins and outs of wages offered etc.

As long as the sale is agreed in principle then aye there's no reason at all for him to have anything to do with that.  Since its the club/Stavely who will have to pay wages ect.  Ashley should have no reason at all to get involved, in fact if he does and fucks things up with transfers he could potentially fuck up the sale as Stavely could see that we haven't done enough to stay up and pull out of the deal.

I hope not, while she'd make for a glamorous owner, I doubt she's got the sort of money it would take to take us up a level in a hurry. Sounds like bollocks anyway.

Maybe we should wait for one of the other zero interested parties to come in?

And what's the hurry? We just need to stablise and build over time.

Micky Quinn on Talksport saying it's Staveley buying us solely and also it was stated that Ashley is busy with SD stuff at present so no news today.

Maybe she will own the club herself (rather than PCP) but then use funds from PCP to invest in the club?  Seems like she basically has full reign to invest the $30bn in funds that PCP controls, or thats how it sounds from articles I've read anyway.

What I don't quite get is who went to the papers etc saying 'a deal is nearly agreed'. Not agreed, but 'nearly'. Pretty clear it must have been intended to help the team yesterday, not that it worked. Then the denials again today  :lol:

Getting pretty bored of the whole thing at the minute.

I'm assuming this is a joke? whats the hurry? we are currently headed down

The they clearly aren't going to buy the club and just let the squad sink. Otherwise they could wait until the summer when it has.

But even if they weren't going to funnel colossal amounts amounts into future kitties, just running the club properly and acting with some kind of integrity should be enough for us all to be over the moon.

I'm assuming this is a joke? whats the hurry? we are currently headed down

The they clearly aren't going to buy the club and just let the squad sink. Otherwise they could wait until the summer when it has.

But even if they weren't going to funnel colossal amounts amounts into future kitties, just running the club properly and acting with some kind of integrity should be enough for us all to be over the moon.

That would be fine longer term, but we need a pretty big initial investment in players just to get us at a level where we can compete in this division. Years of penny pinching have left us with a championship squad.

That would be fine longer term, but we need a pretty big initial investment in players just to get us at a level where we can compete in this division. Years of penny pinching have left us with a championship squad.

Totally agreed. But I still don't understand anyone getting sniffy about a new owner, because they aren't going to pay Ashley all that cash then let it crash and burn. That's a given.

Totally agreed. But I still don't understand anyone getting sniffy about a new owner, because they aren't going to pay Ashley all that cash then let it crash and burn. That's a given.

Aye, with you on that.

When local press like Edwards writes shit like that it’s such a fucking pathetic show on his part. Knows damn well the supporters are gasping for info or news yet he doesn’t write with any grace or humility and instead feels the need to be a pure on ass about it.