Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amanda Staveley never had the money to buy the club all to herself. She’s worth a 100m at best. We'll never know the truth of what was offered but if it was a straight 250m or more Mike Ashley would have snapped her hand off. Maybe her investors got cold feet. Fuck knows.

It seems like there’s bad blood now. Highly unlikely a deal will happen between them.

I think Ashley has been strung along here. He knows this won’t happen as he thought it might so he’s thrown the toys out of the pram.

In the short term this is probably a good thing as he'll now work on protecting his asset.

:lol:

Not sure what's going on with Craig Hope tonight. But in a Twitter to-and-fro with Caulkin, he seems to be suggesting Ashley is right to ask for a deposit off any future buyers, and now suggesting tonights developments might lead to 'a flood of new interest'.  :bs:

The tweets I've seen from him, whoever he is, suggest he's a bit of a dick tbh, maybe connected to Ashley some way though, so probably toeing the party line no doubt.

Amanda Staveley never had the money to buy the club all to herself. She’s worth a 100m at best. We'll never know the truth of what was offered but if it was a straight 250m or more Mike Ashley would have snapped her hand off. Maybe her investors got cold feet. Fuck knows.

It seems like there’s bad blood now. Highly unlikely a deal will happen between them.

I think Ashley has been strung along here. He knows this won’t happen as he thought it might so he’s thrown the toys out of the pram.

In the short term this is probably a good thing as he'll now work on protecting his asset.

Erm...

Amanda Staveley never had the money to buy the club all to herself. She’s worth a 100m at best. We'll never know the truth of what was offered but if it was a straight 250m or more Mike Ashley would have snapped her hand off. Maybe her investors got cold feet. f*** knows.

:lol:

Sometimes I wonder if Odin is a biopolar bot :lol:

I think people are looking for complicated answers to something that's much more simple.

The consortium became interested when we were about 6th in the league. Since then, the results have slipped and we're a far less enticing prospect. Although PCP may have started off thinking in terms of £250m - £300m, there's no way they can risk that sum now for an asset whose value might slip to £100m (if that).

At the same time, Ashley isn't going to accept a bid of around £100m for a club whose value isn't going to go below that figure and which might easily be worth far more in a few months' time.

The idea that a deal could be struck whereby Ashley would effectively pay back part of the £300m in compensation in the event of relegation is completely unrealistic. He would be bearing the risk of relegation whilst having no say about how much was invested in the transfer window to prevent that happening.

All the signs are that if we stay up, the deal will be back on.

The deal is off man, you don't get to say what Ashley has said and still sit around the table laughing and joking before coming to deal. Before today's statement it was likely that the deal would happen if and when our safety was confirmed, now today's statement has happened then it's over.

There has not been any statement to the effect that the deal will never happen. The comment on Sky Sports was that the deal is off 'for now'.

What I think has changed is that Ashley has realised that it won't happen during this transfer window, for the reasons I've stated, and that therefore the responsibility for making any investments in the squad this January will lie with him. This is what's probably behind the other news item about him giving the go-ahead for three signings.

You don't say what he's said and come to a deal man. Sky were saying it's off for now, either they are making the whole thing up and are backtracking somewhat to save face incase the deal does go ahead, or Ashley is playing poker with cards from card against humanity thinking it's going to land him the jackpot.

Has Ashley said anything? All we have is a twitter account saying that 'the nufc hierarchy' have this opinion. All a bit vague, and rather interesting that we suddenly have all these ITKs coming out of the woodwork on this matter within a couple of hours, whereas up until now, no-one's had much of an idea what's been going on.

It's inevitable that the media are going to blow this story into the most dramatic dimensions possible, and part of the process is to wind up the supporters.

Not sure what's going on with Craig Hope tonight. But in a Twitter to-and-fro with Caulkin, he seems to be suggesting Ashley is right to ask for a deposit off any future buyers, and now suggesting tonights developments might lead to 'a flood of new interest'.  :bs:

I dunno, if there's an ounce of truth to Ashleys side, then he really is determined he was being pissed about by pcp, and the deposit is there to prove future investors must show they are committed.

There was a lot said about this week, Rafa hinting at dates etc. Its almost like they gave pcp a deadline, but pcp also tabled their offer and stuck with it, nobody wanted to budge and Ashley lost patience and threw his toys out the pram.

I think people are looking for complicated answers to something that's much more simple.

The consortium became interested when we were about 6th in the league. Since then, the results have slipped and we're a far less enticing prospect. Although PCP may have started off thinking in terms of £250m - £300m, there's no way they can risk that sum now for an asset whose value might slip to £100m (if that).

At the same time, Ashley isn't going to accept a bid of around £100m for a club whose value isn't going to go below that figure and which might easily be worth far more in a few months' time.

The idea that a deal could be struck whereby Ashley would effectively pay back part of the £300m in compensation in the event of relegation is completely unrealistic. He would be bearing the risk of relegation whilst having no say about how much was invested in the transfer window to prevent that happening.

The deal is off man, you don't get to say what Ashley has said and still sit around the table laughing and joking before coming to deal. Before today's statement it was likely that the deal would happen if and when our safety was confirmed, now today's statement has happened then it's over.

There has not been any statement to the effect that the deal will never happen. The comment on Sky Sports was that the deal is off 'for now'.

What I think has changed is that Ashley has realised that it won't happen during this transfer window, for the reasons I've stated, and that therefore the responsibility for making any investments in the squad this January will lie with him. This is what's probably behind the other news item about him giving the go-ahead for three signings.

You don't say what he's said and come to a deal man. Sky were saying it's off for now, either they are making the whole thing up and are backtracking somewhat to save face incase the deal does go ahead, or Ashley is playing poker with cards from card against humanity thinking it's going to land him the jackpot.

Has Ashley said anything? All we have is a twitter account saying that 'the nufc hierarchy' have this opinion. All a bit vague, and rather interesting that we suddenly have all these ITKs coming out of the woodwork on this matter within a couple of hours, whereas up until now, no-one's had much of an idea what's been going on.

It's inevitable that the media are going to blow this story into the most dramatic dimensions possible, and part of the process is to wind up the supporters.

Come on man. :lol:

Appreciate emotions are running high, and people feel very strongly about it, but, I can’t imagine ending someone’s life over this, like. :lol:

I could like tbh. I’d happily push the cunt through a mincing machine periodically sipping a glass of single malt whilst I hear the cunt squeal. Before burning his fucking remains.

Can i change my vote for the mentalist foreigner from Mike please ?

Read what I said, it's either media bullshit, or Ashley trying his hand at poker (be it to get PCP to bid more, or to not sell the club and fool the fans into thinking he wanted too).

It is however interesting that no-one knew anything until Sky dropped the bomb and everyone else all of a sudden started to gaining inside information that they have never had.

Appreciate emotions are running high, and people feel very strongly about it, but, I can’t imagine ending someone’s life over this, like. :lol:

I did kinda think the same but man, its clear that the world would be a better place, peoples lives would be better if he wasn't here. His parents don't even speak to him man, despite being a fucking billionaire. I think it could be justified easily like.

He works for the DM, I think there is enough rope there to hang him.

I do wonder if this bid was ever serious, everyone on here could have told her 250m would never be enough yet thats (allegedly) the highest offer that was made?

Caulkin has just tweeted the asking price was met but included clauses and instalments