Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can’t compare then to now. This is the worst era in our history especially right now because never have the facilities been better even though they need improved, we have never had so much access to money and in Rafa we arguably have the best all-round manager this club has ever had.

I wasn’t around during the McKeag and co era and it was obviously bad, but you have to take into account that era as a whole acrosss the football landscape. An era where stadiums, not just ours, were not fit for purpose, where hooliganism dominated match days and where clubs were banned from Europe. It was a dark and depressing time socially, economically and regionally during a Thatcher Tory government.

We had the success of 69, but the last time we were a relevant club in terms of challenging was the 50s and even the. We were a cup team. You have to go back to the 20s when we were the dominant force or part of an elite group of clubs.

Like now ironically, our gates and the passion of fans (which was real back then unlike today) were the only things that made us stand out against other similar clubs alongside us of that era who had run down grounds, sold star players, went up and down or were mid-table.

The McKeags had no money and were not business men nor football men, they were a dying bread trying to cling onto the family silver. Were they bad custodians? I don’t think they were or certainly not internally so, they were just the wrong custodians. Ashley is bad, he is the worst type of owner.

People say the likes of the Glazers and Abramovic or Sky are bad for the game, no, it’s the likes of Ashley that are. I wouldn’t wish him on the mackems I really wouldn’t.

I’d far rather support the NUFC of that era than the NUFC of today no matter how bad things were. Nothing is as bad as this. Again, I would support this club in any division, at any level, if it was ran with the premise of being the best or trying to be the best it can be. We have a great manager and a decent set of players, which would be more than enough if that was the height of our ceiling, but as KK and SJH proved, there is no limit to what this club can achieve or aim for and as things stand the height of our ceiling is just staying up and that’s it.

And what makes it all the more depressing is that whenever there is progress being made or signs of progress the owner and his lackies go and sabotage that so any progress will never ever go further or fully materialise. They did it to Hughton and now Rafa who they are deliberately undermining in the hope he quits because they can’t have someone who looks at just staying up as not acceptable.

We are a nothing club and like the mackems, are stinking out the league with our zero ambition, happy to not be relegated and raking in the share of TV money. Just an empty vessel plastered with SD adverts with a bang average team that without Rafa would fall apart and take the club down and that’s where we will end back up at when he does leave which he will.

But hey, 50k mugs will still turn up.

Stop referring to our fans as mugs, and making judgement on people's lives, as you're coming across as a right patronising cunt.

You clearly jumped on board during the Keegan glory years, and hopped off when we weren't as good. For some, being a football supporter is following your team through thick and thin.....it's very hard to walk away. I managed it for 18 months but started going again as I missed it, and more importantly, my son wanted to go......I wasn't going to deny him that chance, or see him grow up supporting a Man City/Chelsea or whatever.

You've done the same there no? either way what you do is totally up to you but you're making it seem like if you don't go to home game its not following your team through thick and thin? that's not how it is, end of the day the stadium is in the city centre, easily accessible its not difficult to go to games, its harder to not go really. People can still be die hard supporters and not go to games, I don't like that people equate the two things. I went to my first game when I was 5, even went on away trips with my older brother when I was very young, but i couldn't go to home games because I lived away. I've literally wanted a season ticket my entire life but I just can't under ashley, that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

He's not really suggesting that tbf, that not going to games doesn't make you a huge NUFC fan. HTT is talking a load of wank and enormously generalising imo but that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. UB is just saying it's hard for those going to games to just stop on a whim, not that HTT can't have opinions for whatever reason.

That's what I got from it anyway.

It is hard I agree and I should know as I refuse to go but I won’t let that fat cunt take the piss out of me one more day and won’t be back until he has gone which I have no doubt will be years. You say he didn’t mean it like that then why mention thick and thin and Keegan glory boy then. This forum totally illustrates the divide between the support in general about what the support should be doing to put intense pressure on the utter cretin of a owner. West Ham fans although maybe a tad too much showed the type of action which should be taken. Won’t happen here though.

Saw the Keegan jibe as a response to calling everyone in the ground on a match day mugs who deserve Pardew tbf. See my post above about lack of unity.

Ashley will be buzzing when he hears what has happened to our fan base if this board is anything to go by, such division after so little time considering where we were when the season ended.

It’s exactly what he wants, our support fractured and not pulling in the same direction.

Ashley will be buzzing when he hears what has happened to our fan base of this board is anything to go by, such division after so little time considering where we were when the season ended.

It’s exactly what he wants, our support fractured and not pulling in the same direction.

:thup:

You can’t compare then to now. This is the worst era in our history especially right now because never have the facilities been better even though they need improved, we have never had so much access to money and in Rafa we arguably have the best all-round manager this club has ever had.

I wasn’t around during the McKeag and co era and it was obviously bad, but you have to take into account that era as a whole acrosss the football landscape. An era where stadiums, not just ours, were not fit for purpose, where hooliganism dominated match days and where clubs were banned from Europe. It was a dark and depressing time socially, economically and regionally during a Thatcher Tory government.

We had the success of 69, but the last time we were a relevant club in terms of challenging was the 50s and even the. We were a cup team. You have to go back to the 20s when we were the dominant force or part of an elite group of clubs.

Like now ironically, our gates and the passion of fans (which was real back then unlike today) were the only things that made us stand out against other similar clubs alongside us of that era who had run down grounds, sold star players, went up and down or were mid-table.

The McKeags had no money and were not business men nor football men, they were a dying bread trying to cling onto the family silver. Were they bad custodians? I don’t think they were or certainly not internally so, they were just the wrong custodians. Ashley is bad, he is the worst type of owner.

People say the likes of the Glazers and Abramovic or Sky are bad for the game, no, it’s the likes of Ashley that are. I wouldn’t wish him on the mackems I really wouldn’t.

I’d far rather support the NUFC of that era than the NUFC of today no matter how bad things were. Nothing is as bad as this. Again, I would support this club in any division, at any level, if it was ran with the premise of being the best or trying to be the best it can be. We have a great manager and a decent set of players, which would be more than enough if that was the height of our ceiling, but as KK and SJH proved, there is no limit to what this club can achieve or aim for and as things stand the height of our ceiling is just staying up and that’s it.

And what makes it all the more depressing is that whenever there is progress being made or signs of progress the owner and his lackies go and sabotage that so any progress will never ever go further or fully materialise. They did it to Hughton and now Rafa who they are deliberately undermining in the hope he quits because they can’t have someone who looks at just staying up as not acceptable.

We are a nothing club and like the mackems, are stinking out the league with our zero ambition, happy to not be relegated and raking in the share of TV money. Just an empty vessel plastered with SD adverts with a bang average team that without Rafa would fall apart and take the club down and that’s where we will end back up at when he does leave which he will.

Stop referring to our fans as mugs, and making judgement on people's lives, as you're coming across as a right patronising c***.

You clearly jumped on board during the Keegan glory years, and hopped off when we weren't as good. For some, being a football supporter is following your team through thick and thin.....it's very hard to walk away. I managed it for 18 months but started going again as I missed it, and more importantly, my son wanted to go......I wasn't going to deny him that chance, or see him grow up supporting a Man City/Chelsea or whatever.

You've done the same there no? either way what you do is totally up to you but you're making it seem like if you don't go to home game its not following your team through thick and thin? that's not how it is, end of the day the stadium is in the city centre, easily accessible its not difficult to go to games, its harder to not go really. People can still be die hard supporters and not go to games, I don't like that people equate the two things. I went to my first game when I was 5, even went on away trips with my older brother when I was very young, but i couldn't go to home games because I lived away. I've literally wanted a season ticket my entire life but I just can't under ashley, that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

He's not really suggesting that tbf, that not going to games doesn't make you a huge NUFC fan. HTT is talking a load of w*** and enormously generalising imo but that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. UB is just saying it's hard for those going to games to just stop on a whim, not that HTT can't have opinions for whatever reason.

It is hard I agree and I should know as I refuse to go but I won’t let that fat c*** take the p*ss out of me one more day and won’t be back until he has gone which I have no doubt will be years. You say he didn’t mean it like that then why mention thick and thin and Keegan glory boy then. This forum totally illustrates the divide between the support in general about what the support should be doing to put intense pressure on the utter cretin of a owner. West Ham fans although maybe a tad too much showed the type of action which should be taken. Won’t happen here though.

What is it you're doing as a fan to put intense pressure on Ashley?

Staying away is all well and good, but seats will just get bought by students and PL day trippers. To me, the AO placards and demos (ive been part of all of them) at the ground have been the best way of getting at Ashley, but I'd certainly like to see it get a bit more militant and personal.

Stop referring to our fans as mugs, and making judgement on people's lives, as you're coming across as a right patronising c***.

He's not really suggesting that tbf, that not going to games doesn't make you a huge NUFC fan. HTT is talking a load of w*** and enormously generalising imo but that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. UB is just saying it's hard for those going to games to just stop on a whim, not that HTT can't have opinions for whatever reason.

It is hard I agree and I should know as I refuse to go but I won’t let that fat c*** take the p*ss out of me one more day and won’t be back until he has gone which I have no doubt will be years. You say he didn’t mean it like that then why mention thick and thin and Keegan glory boy then. This forum totally illustrates the divide between the support in general about what the support should be doing to put intense pressure on the utter cretin of a owner. West Ham fans although maybe a tad too much showed the type of action which should be taken. Won’t happen here though.

Saw the Keegan jibe as a response to calling everyone in the ground on a match day mugs who deserve Pardew tbf. See my post above about lack of unity.

It was, I shouldn't have bitten but it gets right on my tits.

Ashley will be buzzing when he hears what has happened to our fan base of this board is anything to go by, such division after so little time considering where we were when the season ended.

Whatever people decide to do you'll always get wankers who will try to belittle them and rubbish their ideas whilst coming up with nothing constructive themselves, especially in this day and age with social media etc.

Staying away is all well and good, but seats will just get bought by students and PL day trippers. To me, the AO placards and demos (ive been part of all of them) at the ground have been the best way of getting at Ashley, but I'd certainly like to see it get a bit more militant and personal.

I think thats the way to go too.

Protest at games with placards and banners.

Make a hell of a noise both inside and outside the stadium.

Protesting outside the stadium even if its not a matchday will get publicity.

Protests outside SportDirect stores as well.

Maybe the action the West Ham fans took is the way we have to go. If it helps get Ashley out, so be it. I'm a bit surpriced it hasn't happend yet under the Ashley era. After all the shite we've been through under Ashley, at any other club it would have been delt with by some fractions of fans.

Raise some money. Hand out 'Ashley Out' t-shirts outside the stadium.

White t-shirt, black font. No shitty image mock ups.

Would love to see large sections of supporters with these on, it'll get picked up by the cameras, no bother.

Hack his SD sites, with the simple message "c***" in huge letters for the landing page imo

A bit route one but a really militant and persistent social media campaign against SD is a good place to start.

Any hackers out there?

Raise some money. Hand out 'Ashley Out' t-shirts outside the stadium.

White t-shirt, black font. No shitty image mock ups.

Would love to see large sections of supporters with these on, it'll get picked up by the cameras, no bother.

Frankie says fuck off you fat cunt.

Ashley will be buzzing when he hears what has happened to our fan base if this board is anything to go by, such division after so little time considering where we were when the season ended.

Yep. It's a fucking shambles.

ive tried staying away in the past but i missed the match so much, i will be going again this season and yes i'm frustrated as much as the rest , call me a cunt but i love NUFC and theres many teams worse off than us .

ashley can fix this a little, he doesn't see that it won't take much to keep his pockets filled but the pig ignorance not to give Rfa a quality forward and defender is  suicide for him .

i'm not happy but i love going to the match more to let the fat bastard ruin it.  O0

Youre obviously not that frustrated if you continue to attend and help fund the decline of NUFC . Yes there are many teams worse off ( Hartlepool , Gateshead and Sunderland come to mind ) do you really want to measure our status by comparison to such small clubs ? How low are your horizons ? Youre not happy but youre happy enough to continue to fund your own unhappiness ...

It would seem that for you the pleasure is simply funding Ashley in order to watch any old shite ... did you have the same attitude in the Seymour / McKeag era ... did you not get behind the SJH takeover at the time ? Did you not notice the difference under the SJH regime ?

Or are you just another fucking muppet ?

personally i can do what i want, ive been going since 1976 and seen shitier times than this, you stay away and be a militant hero , it gets you no fucking where you muppet. knob

This is the thing that irks me. It does work. It really fucking does and has been shown to work a bunch of times. Just don't get this kind of attitude, just so so fucking servile and defeatist...

At the moment we have the ball in front of an open goal; an amazing, young captain, a solid spine to a team and a world class manager. All that needs to be done to take the club a little bit further is to poke it home - with a couple of additions in key areas. That is all. Ashley however wants to play the ball back to the goalkeeper and we'll probably concede in the process. After all Ashley has done to us and the club, not taking advantage of this open-goal chance could be the worst.

It'll be Tom Hardy who gets nicked and he can afford his own legal fees

If he goes to prison we get Bane. Ashley didn't know who Rocker was till he put on the mask.

It'll be Tom Hardy who gets nicked and he can afford his own legal fees

If he goes to prison we get Bane. Ashley didn't know who Rocker was till he put on the mask.

:lol: Boosh!

I think thats the way to go too.

Protest at games with placards and banners.

Make a hell of a noise both inside and outside the stadium.

Protesting outside the stadium even if its not a matchday will get publicity.

Protests outside SportDirect stores as well.

Maybe the action the West Ham fans took is the way we have to go. If it helps get Ashley out, so be it. I'm a bit surpriced it hasn't happend yet under the Ashley era. After all the shite we've been through under Ashley, at any other club it would have been delt with by some fractions of fans.

If he done this in Italy hed have been assassinated by now

Money is the only language he knows so for me it's back to hoping for multiple relegations.

I'm not convinced that he'd sell us even then, as say a League One club, but at least the cunt wouldn't be making money from us. The more the club costs him the better.