Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First off confession time, I once used Sports Direct on-line to order something for the kids, hangs head in shame.

On the plus side they have just sent me a email flogging more crap so I get to reply #ifrafagoeswego, every cloud and that, I wonder if they will reply :whistle:

Onwurah’s petition states that “football is an integral part of Newcastle upon Tyne’s social, economic and cultural wellbeing; notes that fans of Newcastle United are heavily invested both financially and emotionally in the success of the team

The prick is has to be fully aware of this.

Ashley's business model aside. and the parasitic dynamic he & SD benefits from. Given that the fanbase rejected him (after Keegangate), as a bonus he must revell in being The Man that effectively has a major one-team city, whose social fabric is intrinsically linked to it's club's fortunes, squashed beneath his thumb (out of spite).

Onwurah’s petition states that “football is an integral part of Newcastle upon Tyne’s social, economic and cultural wellbeing; notes that fans of Newcastle United are heavily invested both financially and emotionally in the success of the team

Ashley's business model aside. and the parasitic dynamic he & SD benefits from. Given that the fanbase rejected him (after Keegangate), as a bonus he must revell in being The Man that effectively has a major one-team city, whose social fabric is intrinsically linked to it's club's fortunes, squashed beneath his thumb (out of spite).

it'll get nowhere that like, the Onwurah thing....country is owned by money, football is a shining example of everything that's wrong

no way they do or say a fucking thing about it imo

it'll get nowhere that like, the Onwurah thing....country is owned by money, football is a shining example of everything that's wrong

no way they do or say a f***ing thing about it imo

I think it's more to do with raising awareness more then anything, I'd assume she thinks it'll do much, but it's adding fire to the flame.

no way they do or say a f***ing thing about it imo

I think it's more to do with raising awareness more then anything, I'd assume she thinks it'll do much, but it's adding fire to the flame.

hopefully yeah...i mean ultimately we need to head to a shared ownership model or something, it's fucking ridiculous that entire city's can be fucked over by bellends like ashley

Yeah. There's not going to be any ONE THING that works. It's just getting it out there and feeding it.

He'll absolutely hate the bad press he's getting now. I'm fucking sure of it. Everyone who's getting something negative about him out is helping a lot no matter how small or desperate it seems right now.

no way they do or say a fucking thing about it imo

I'm not commenting on whether or not it will be effective, or put the fear of God into him. Merely stating that he is aware of the status he has, and the power that he wields.

Sports Direct runs paid ads on Google - type 'nike trainers, Donnay socks (probably)' or other similar terms into Google and you'll see them at the top of the search results with 'ad' next to them.

Every time someone clicks on those ads, Sports Direct pays (it's called pay per click advertising).  Google does have measures in place though to stop people just repeatedly clicking and costing the advertiser loads of money. However, i don't think they can guard against multiple people (or thousands of them) from different ip addresses clicking once or twice.

This post is merely for the purpose of educating you guys on one element of digital marketing. What you choose to do with that information is completely up to you.....

Ultimately we need to get to a point where sports direct shareholders get worried about their investments enough to start questioning Mike Ashley only then will he start to feel any pressure

Ultimately we need to get to a point where sports direct shareholders get worried about their investments enough to start questioning Mike Ashley only then will he start to feel any pressure

Very much this.

Social media is a very powerful tool nowadays, constantly hassling/belittling/trolling them online is a f***ing excellent tactic in my opinion. Raise money and get the Russians/Chinese spammers involved should be the next course of action imho.

SD's free cash flow for the last 12 months is roughly what NUFC is worth as a business. It's a fruitless exercise. The focus should be on NUFC activities, not SD.

SD's free cash flow for the last 12 months is roughly what NUFC is worth as a business. It's a fruitless exercise. The focus should be on NUFC activities, not SD.

Ashley proven time and time again he only cares about SD. He got out of rangers coz they targeted SD. Obviously he owns all of nufc but he only uses nufc to promote/benefit SD.

It doesn’t matter about SD cashflow. If the share price goes down or shareholders become unhappy you’d better believe he’ll care

Ashley doesn't give a shit about NUFC but he very much gives a shit about SD, hence why the focus should be on disrupting SD's activity as much as we can.

Marketing activity and the returns from it are discussed at board level. If enough disruption is caused then questions will be asked at shareholder and board meetings.

Ashley doesn't give a shit about NUFC but he very much gives a shit about SD, hence why the focus should be on disrupting SD's activity as much as we can.

Marketing activity and the returns from it are discussed at board level. If enough disruption is caused then questions will be asked at shareholder and board meetings.

They have 750+ stores in the UK. How many stores' sales for how many hours can you expect to disrupt? Even if there is a huge flashmob in 4-5 stores in the NE area,  disrupting the store completely for 2 hours every single week for a whole year, that's 1.4% of their UK operations on an hourly basis.

It's a far bigger beast than NUFC -which is why claims that his association has boosted SD's share price are fundamentally misplaced.