Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: One of the twitter accounts needs to tweet something like this.  Even just 1000 people doing it would surely be annoying as fuck, never mind more.  Need a convincing looking order number though. Could they have some system that filters out messages with fake numbers?

Replies to their twitter/facebook posts can't be that much of a problem or inconvenience for them

How many digits is the number? the random number generator may be useful: https://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom

Don't know, I tried random number lengths and all fails. So started with 1 number and upwards and by 3 it worked.

It's free, you just have to sign up :thup:

Save

Mike Ashley’s contentious stewardship of Newcastle United and his lack of backing for Rafa Benítez is to be raised in Parliament today, as a supporter campaign against the club’s owner gathers pace.

Chi Onwurah, the Labour MP and shadow minister for industrial strategy, science and innovation, whose Newcastle Central constituency includes St James’ Park, will introduce a petition in the House of Commons stating that Ashley has failed to invest in “players, training facilities and community engagement.”

Onwurah, a lifelong Newcastle fan, whose petition has the support of fellow North East MPs Ian Mearns, Mary Glindon and Ian Lavery, told The Times she wants to “give a voice,” to supporters who feel powerless at Ashley’s 11-year tenure of Newcastle, which has included two relegations and numerous off-field controversies.

Trust between Benítez and his employers has eroded, with the manager reluctant to extend a contract that is entering its final season after three successive disappointing transfer windows and Ashley refusing to sanction significant spending on the first-team squad unless the Spaniard commits his future.

At the end of last season, Ashley said he would “continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to [benítez],” but so far this summer Newcastle have generated a profit in their transfer dealings. Last week, Benítez admitted he would have to “wheel and deal” to bring in new players.

The impasse has led to the formation of a social media movement called ‘If Rafa Goes We Go’ and a Twitter site of the same name has already collected nearly 13,000 followers.

With Ashley refusing to either invest or sell-up - despite the club officially being on the market - supporters are concerned that Benítez, one of the most celebrated managers of his generation, who took Newcastle to promotion in 2016-17 and then to tenth place in the Premier League, will leave. “We have had such an opportunity,” Onwurah said and the fear is that it is being squandered.

Newcastle’s official fans forum issued a statement yesterday saying it is “deeply concerned with current events,” at the club and that it “fully supports Rafael Benítez in his right not to sign a new deal until he’s seen sufficient evidence to support his and the fans’ ambition.”

Onwurah’s petition states that “football is an integral part of Newcastle upon Tyne’s social, economic and cultural wellbeing; notes that fans of Newcastle United are heavily invested both financially and emotionally in the success of the team; further that the current manager Rafa Benítez needs the support of both fans and the club’s owner; further that this support should include investment in players, training facilities and community engagement; and further that the owner Mike Ashley has not made this support forthcoming.

“The Petitioners therefore request the House of Commons to take action to prevent unscrupulous football club owners from exploiting the clubs, their fans and local communities, with particular reference to Mike Ashley and Newcastle United FC.”

Onwurah was a leading critic of Newcastle’s previous sponsorship by a payday lender. When she attempted to engage with Ashley four years ago by inviting him to tea at the House, she received a reply from Lee Charnley, the club’s managing director. “Mike Ashley must politely decline your invitation and I would kindly ask that all future correspondence be directed to me here,” Charnley wrote.

Ashley has not issued any public comments about the petition.

ANOTHER avenue could be to cancel Sky subscriptions or threaten too.  Thousands calling Sky on an agreed date would send their phones into melt down.  Which would stop them doing their normal business.  I can't figure out why they are do far up his fat jacksy.  Surely they have a better product with a strong Newcastle in the premiership than the likes of Bournemouth 

Make Sky react and report on this in a balanced way

This was suggested on True faith podcast.

He is a sensitive man in his perosnal life but is thick skinned in business.

Not sure if he's thick skinned or just vindictive and ruthless. Imagine he would still react badly to anyone who crossed him or criticised him.

I dont think he can take personal criticism very well, I think in the past Pardew and Llambia have mentioned this in a round about way in interviews. Things like then singing section in L7 being disbanded etc then all of a sudden Ashley looked like he lost weight.  :lol:

I think any business he is associated financially should get hit on Social Media. House of Fraser should get a blasting too.

Debenhams, even his daughters company which is based at Sports Direct HQ should be hounded.

Guest Howaythetoon

He desperately wants to be loved and when he doesn’t get that he becomes destructive, he’s a classic bully basically who bullies others because they want everyone else to think they are cool, tough and great. His thick skin is just an act, he’s a man child who gets upset easily. He cannot handle criticism or be seen to be weak when it comes to being overruled or taken to task on something. He has to win at all times and at all costs, even if the victories are only considered a success in his own head. It mazes me he has been so successful, he will come crashing down very soon as an individual and in business. It’s guaranteed!

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't know what his plan is with Debenhams, he's going to end up with 30% of some empty high street units at this rate.

Trying to go up market.

The more I look at him the more I see Donald Trump in him :lol:

I actually prefer the President of the USA :(

He desperately wants to be loved and when he doesn’t get that he becomes destructive, he’s a classic bully basically who bullies others because they want everyone else to think they are cool, tough and great. His thick skin is just an act, he’s a man child who gets upset easily. He cannot handle criticism or be seen to be weak when it comes to being overruled or taken to task on something. He has to win at all times and at all costs, even if the victories are only considered a success in his own head. It mazes me he has been so successful, he will come crashing down very soon as an individual and in business. It’s guaranteed!

Agreed on this view. Other than the last part which I think is more borne out of hope. Unfortunately he's managed to get his vomit-ridden sausage fingers in too many pies for me to see him failing on a personal level.

Guest Howaythetoon

He will come undone, he isn’t some great businessman, he is an opportunist and I can see SD struggling to keep pace as they have eached their ceiling and he as an individual is toxic to his own brands and businesses which will only continue or needs to in relation to his ownership of NUFC.

Guest Howaythetoon

Staveley being mentioned again on twitter :fool:

Dont fall for these rumours it will be another ploy from Keith Bishops PR team to try and calm the oncoming storm  :rant: :tickedoff: :knuppel2:

If anything it would help stir up a storm, not calm it.

Dont fall for these rumours it will be another ploy from Keith Bishops PR team to try and calm the oncoming storm  :rant: :tickedoff: :knuppel2:

If anything it would help stir up a storm, not calm it.

Just think it may mean some people take their eye off the ball if they think we may be finally rid of him again.

Can Stifler give her a bell and ask?

I'm waiting for the Mike Ashley interview, "They want me out but ive put the club for sale and we have had no serious interest, we are stuck with each other."

It will something like that.

Guest firetotheworks

For sale in the same way that my 1997 Adidas Popper shorts with hot rock holes are for sale for £400. In other words they're not for sale.