Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley doesn't give a shit about NUFC but he very much gives a shit about SD, hence why the focus should be on disrupting SD's activity as much as we can.

Marketing activity and the returns from it are discussed at board level. If enough disruption is caused then questions will be asked at shareholder and board meetings.

They have 750+ stores in the UK. How many stores' sales for how many hours can you expect to disrupt? Even if there is a huge flashmob in 4-5 stores in the NE area,  disrupting the store completely for 2 hours every single week for a whole year, that's 1.4% of their UK operations on an hourly basis.

It's a far bigger beast than NUFC -which is why claims that his association has boosted SD's share price are fundamentally misplaced.

You’re probably right but thats also quite one dimensional view of looking at it. It’s not about affecting their short term sales or even share price.

You can bet your ass they start getting worried if there’s constant bad publicity surrounding their brand.

He should be hammered from every conceivable angle. Nothing is too small. Nothing is "not worth bothering with". Anything (legal) that hurts Mike Ashley or his business interests by any amount, no matter how large or how small, should be done and done repeatedly.

There's hundreds of thousands of us. We really can make a difference.

Aside from that, those saying he doesn't care or is too thick skinned are, in my considered opinion, completely wrong. He's a man-child of Trumpian proportions and about as thin-skinned as people come. Don't confuse him not giving public statements with him not being able to be got at. Look what's happened in the past, the slightest whiff of protest and he bites in some way.

Let's bring this cunt down. Enough is enough.

Ashley doesn't give a shit about NUFC but he very much gives a shit about SD, hence why the focus should be on disrupting SD's activity as much as we can.

Marketing activity and the returns from it are discussed at board level. If enough disruption is caused then questions will be asked at shareholder and board meetings.

They have 750+ stores in the UK. How many stores' sales for how many hours can you expect to disrupt? Even if there is a huge flashmob in 4-5 stores in the NE area,  disrupting the store completely for 2 hours every single week for a whole year, that's 1.4% of their UK operations on an hourly basis.

It's a far bigger beast than NUFC -which is why claims that his association has boosted SD's share price are fundamentally misplaced.

So let's just do nothing?

That type of attitude is why nothing ever happens, we need to target  SD, Newcastle United and Mike Ashley all at once, it won't be just one protest that gets rid of him, but a large effort including boycotts, social media disturbance, picketing SD stores etc. No one needs to on board on all protests, just don't stop or criticise the people that want to something, whatever it is they are doing.

And like all the bricks and mortar stores, the online store will have to report its sales figures, advertising expenditure, avg. cost per sale, sales by channel (including social media and pay per click), conversion rate etc.

The action can't massively impact the revenue of the whole company but it might be able to cause enough disruption to the online side of things that questions start to be asked at board level. That's when Ashley will really start seeing red because he is directly responsible for causing the protests

Guest chopey

Totally agree, tiny things like attacking twitter post are having an effect, so what would something big do ?

He should be hammered from every conceivable angle. Nothing is too small. Nothing is "not worth bothering with". Anything (legal) that hurts Mike Ashley or his business interests by any amount, no matter how large or how small, should be done and done repeatedly.

There's hundreds of thousands of us. We really can make a difference.

Aside from that, those saying he doesn't care or is too thick skinned are, in my considered opinion, completely wrong. He's a man-child of Trumpian proportions and about as thin-skinned as people come. Don't confuse him not giving public statements with him not being able to be got at. Look what's happened in the past, the slightest whiff of protest and he bites in some way.

Let's bring this cunt down. Enough is enough.

:thup:

I bite today on Twitter when a fan said all our efforts to protest are pointless as Ashley won't change or listen, as if doing nothing was abdicated. Boils my piss that people won't stand up and make a noise when a parasite as sickening as Ashley is our club owner.

That type of attitude is why nothing ever happens, we need to target  SD

I'm just pointing out that there is a general misconception in the relative size of the businesses and that the support base will largely have a limited scope for 'action'. An empty SJP for half a game would have much more of an impact.

To be honest, I don't think Ashley will give a shit. He's had this before and everyone came back so why should he think differently now?

I'm just pointing out that there is a general misconception in the relative size of the businesses and that the support base will largely have a limited scope for 'action'. An empty SJP for half a game would have much more of an impact.

To be honest, I don't think Ashley will give a shit. He's had this before and everyone came back so why should he think differently now?

you want all of the fan base doing their bit. Those that go to games should consider protesting at the game, outside or not going etc. - those who don't go or can't should do the other things like targetting SD/Social Media etc.

We should start ordering shit loads of stuff and return them. And repeat.

The only person to lose in this scenario is you as SD don't do refunds but instead give you store credit so ultimately you're still giving them your money one way or another.

We should start ordering s*** loads of stuff and return them. And repeat.

The only person to lose in this scenario is you as SD don't do refunds but instead give you store credit so ultimately you're still giving them your money one way or another.

You have 14 days to return goods purchased online to claim a refund. You would have to pay postage costs however. Different rules to in store.

What sort of massive impact will an empty (lucky if we’ll ever get it to half empty) SJP for a half have?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

They do refunds, but they make you pay to post it back

They do refunds, but they make you pay to post it back

Can't you return it in store? That'd really piss them off

What sort of massive impact will an empty (lucky if we’ll ever get it to half empty) SJP for a half have?

a mass walk out after *insert number here* minutes during a live TV game would have some impact.

a mass walk out after *insert number here* minutes during a live TV game would have some impact.

What exactly tho?  It’ll have people talking and his advertisement won’t look great but apart from that what

A willingness to stop attending games would have a much greater impact than requiring Ashley to hire four more people to spend all day blocking folk on twitter.

Of far greater impact of course would be fans working out how to buy Ashley out.

A willingness to stop attending games would have a much greater impact than requiring Ashley to hire four more people to spend all day blocking folk on twitter.

Of far greater impact of course would be fans working out how to buy Ashley out.

Don't suppose you have a spare £400m behind the sofa Matt?

Ah see you’ve changed it now from empty for half a game to people to stop attending games.

Personally I have no enthusiasm to go to a game under Ashley with team with no investment but plenty will

I think that it's completely the wrong attitude to discuss different forms of protest from the perspective of "is this going to get rid of him?"

There's NOT going to be any one thing that does it. We just need to create a toxic environment for him and the SD brand. It's not going to happen over night or with any one protest. It has to be a combination of things and it needs to keep going until he'll decide that it's not worth it anymore.

Buy him out? Do you have £1bn?

Ah see you’ve changed it now from empty for half a game to people to stop attending games.

Well as long as people keep attending happily, nothing will change. My point is that the threat is there. It's not that you go from attending every game one day to full-on boycott the next.

What exactly tho?  It’ll have people talking and his advertisement won’t look great but apart from that what

It'll have people talking and his advertisement won't look great is a good start. Who knows where it could go from there.

To quote one John Edward Thompson "Only those who attempt the absurd are capable of achieving the impossible"