Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ah see you’ve changed it now from empty for half a game to people to stop attending games.

Well as long as people keep attending happily, nothing will change. My point is that the threat is there. It's not that you go from attending every game one day to full-on boycott the next.

How much does match day income bring in to the club out of interest?

I think that it's completely the wrong attitude to discuss different forms of protest from the perspective of "is this going to get rid of him?"

There's NOT going to be any one thing that does it. We just need to create a toxic environment for him and the SD brand. It's not going to happen over night or with any one protest. It has to be a combination of things and it needs to keep going until he'll decide that it's not worth it anymore.

:thup:

It's all about principle and sentiment. If in every social and digital direction there is thousands of people calling Mike Ashley out and boycotting his other businesses then it all draws attention to the cause.

I want the media to to really pick up on it, it's about time Ashley gets huge scrutiny from the footballing world, and not us deluded fans wanting too much narrative etc.

Would be class if they go 24 hours without tweeting [emoji38]

If you want to jump in the moment they do tweet make sure to click the notification  bell. Keep the pressure on.

I think that it's completely the wrong attitude to discuss different forms of protest from the perspective of "is this going to get rid of him?"

There's NOT going to be any one thing that does it. We just need to create a toxic environment for him and the SD brand. It's not going to happen over night or with any one protest. It has to be a combination of things and it needs to keep going until he'll decide that it's not worth it anymore.

Could not agree more.

Support every single thing, no matter how big or small. We lack coordination.

We dont need a qualification process for protests. Lets back each other in every single idea. In aggregate, our little droplets will make waves !

If this all makes him want to sell- there still needs to be a buyer.

I'd take him backing Rafa in the short term. I'm sure there would be buyers if the club wasn't being circa £100m over priced.

If this all makes him want to sell- there still needs to be a buyer.

There was one. Ashley moved the goalposts - we need to make him move them back

Yup. We need to make him feel that being owner of NUFC is toxic to his other businesses if he persists with his awful approach. Perhaps the price will drop when it's not worth being our owner to him anymore. For every Sports Direct logo at SJP I'd like to think there's a few hundred people hammering his social media accounts calling him and Sports Direct out for what they are.

We have his address. We should have a few protests outside his house. He might not care, but I bet his neighbours will bring a few complaints to him and a lot of them around there will likely be people in powerful positions.

Villa were absolutely dicked, and got sold pretty much straight away. Every other club manages to get sold when they are up for sale. There would be a buyer, he doesn't want to sell it.

Staveley is waiting in the wings. She was prepared to bid £300m which was what he wanted until she actually bid that much. There is buyers for us, we just need him to sell.

Villa were absolutely dicked, and got sold pretty much straight away. Every other club manages to get sold when they are up for sale. There would be a buyer, he doesn't want to sell it.

Absolutely this and I've said it all along any Premier League club would sell if it was genuinely up for sale and people were notified/interested

It's his sick way of playing with us. There's not many I would wish hell on earth upon but this despicable Bastard I wish the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse on

Isn't it more the point that we are not dicked like Villa. Whereas they and Liverpool were examples of clubs who had creditors to pay, NUFC doesn't owe anyone and therefore has no such pressure? If MA had been someone with far less to his name and bought us with a raft of debt, he'd be long gone by now.

If we survive this season spending FA then MA will have recouped close to £100m and maybe that's what brings buyer and seller together.

Isn't it more the point that we are not dicked like Villa. Whereas they and Liverpool were examples of clubs who had creditors to pay, NUFC doesn't owe anyone and therefore has no such pressure? If MA had been someone with far less to his name and bought us with a raft of debt, he'd be long gone by now.

If we survive this season spending FA then MA will have recouped close to £100m and maybe that's what brings buyer and seller together.

#wait then?

It would be nice if Sports Direct went tits up and he had to sell the club to survive financially.

Nice!? It'd be fucking dreamland.

For us aye, for decent sports direct staff not so much. Wouldn’t want anyone to lose their jobs over this

Basically, anyone wanting to protest in any way, should do it, and as much of it as you can. Don't listen to anyone telling you not to protest in a certain way. The only reason to not protest in a certain way is if it's preventing you from protesting in a way which you deem more effective.

At this point, anyone lecturing fellow fans on why their chosen form of protest will be ineffectual can get fucked.

Keep at it everybody :thup:

At this point, anyone lecturing fellow fans on why their chosen form of protest will be ineffectual can get fucked.

If that's aimed at me, I was only offering some context.

Happy to go get fucked if it helps.