Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reading through this, I hadn’t realised the Hall family were on the brink of ruin at the time Mike Ashley came along.

It wasn’t actually the club that were fucked, it was the Hall family personally and true to form, like a fucking shark, he swooped in at the scent of blood.

Article also says that around 2002, the clubs share price was 22p, valuing the club at 32 million.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1536106/Debt-ridden-Hall-dynasty-in-crisis.html

The boycott had him do that by the way. People shouldn’t forget that - threat of abstinence.

:lol:

I fail to to see what’s so hilarious like. He’d never done it before - before you even factor the following window. Funny how the thought of him not getting money in future set him off. I know your views on the spurs boycott and they don’t make sense.

Guest neesy111

I find it incredible that people still bang the "he doesn't care, man!" drum so hard. He's so thin-skinned it's a wonder his subcutaneous fat isn't leaking out.

:thup:

I've said this before but it should not be a surprise that any wannabe investors who do due diligence alight on similar valuations for the club, of course they will try and low ball but 100m is a hell of a large gap in valuations. I still do not believe Ashley has any intentions to sell at anything but a ludicrous overvaluing of the club. Few investors will be willing to go anywhere near 100m above where they think something they are buying is worth, they would have to be mad. Of course Mike Ashley's valuation may be theoretically fair, but the more investors who look at the club and come to the £200m valuation the more that seems like you know the actual market value (maybe closer to £230m or something factoring in them trying to lowball it). Investors, dealing with normal sane business men presume good faith on Ashley;s part and the high valuation will come down. He has no good faith and it will not.

I find it incredible that people still bang the "he doesn't care, man!" drum so hard. He's so thin-skinned it's a wonder his subcutaneous fat isn't leaking out.

Proven by the fact he's worn a suit ever since everyone ripped the piss out of his jeans

It’s purely their only justification to keep going to the match. They know he cares, but they won’t give up their afternoon of getting out the house.

It’s purely their only justification to keep going to the match. They know he cares, but they won’t give up their afternoon of getting out the house.

There's nowt else for them to do bless them.

There's nowt else for them to do bless them.

Shouldn't be nasty towards them or they will just sink even more money into Ashley's pockets. Or something.

Everyone's always so eager to believe in these insane conspiracies like. :lol: As if it's impossible that a buyer could be genuine and a seller not, they both MUST be in on it. It's all a bit Alex Jones.

They’re not really “insane” though are they?  Considering the lies that have come from the club in the last 11 years.

They are because they're bringing other people into Ashley's lies when there's absolutely no need to. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Kenyon's legitimate and Ashley's not, they don't have to be in on it together. The idea that they would be in on it together is the insane bit, not that Mike Ashley lies, that's a given.

He’s had zero involvement in football for years now (as far as i know) so his reputation in the game means nothing anyway.

Kenyon has been involved with Middlesbrough since 2013, think he might be a consultant so he has still been involved in football since leaving Chelsea in 2009

Well yeah it's pretty much a given that Ashley doesn't want to sell really.

But why would someone be gullible enough to try to buy the club off him after seeing whats gone on with previous attempts? Especially when you don't even have funds in place. And then why write a letter thanking Mike for positive discussions? What positive discussions? They haven't even agreed on a price ffs  :lol:

That's why I think it's a possibility that he could be in on it all.

But why would someone be gullible enough to try to buy the club off him after seeing whats gone on with previous attempts? Especially when you don't even have funds in place. And then why write a letter thanking Mike for positive discussions? What positive discussions? They haven't even agreed on a price ffs  :lol:

That leaked "letter" was ridiculous 😂 If you're going to do a deal, just do a deal ffs

That leaked "letter" was ridiculous 😂 If you're going to do a deal, just do a deal ffs

Oh and I believe he also got his sources to tell fans groups to stop protesting against Mike. I actually think theres a fair chance he's in on it tbh.