Newcastle United 0-3 Watford - 25/11/2017 - post match gloom from p26

Disco

Can't see anything other than Gayle up top with Perez off him as the 10. Mitro won't start as Rafa doesn't trust him at all, not in ability just the trust a manager has in a player. Funny thing is, Shelvey who's been just as daft starts, i dunno.

He must trust him a bit as he's brought him on before Perez in both of the last two, fairly sure it'll be Mitro given the next chance. Unless he goes back to one striker again. Can't see Joselu getting another go now, people are complaining about Joselu but then thought he linked well with Gayle during the last game. So its a bit hindsight hero. Rafa's clearly changing things about upfront to try to make us more potent. Merino's our best answer to most of it anyway.

Can't see anything other than Gayle up top with Perez off him as the 10. Mitro won't start as Rafa doesn't trust him at all, not in ability just the trust a manager has in a player. Funny thing is, Shelvey who's been just as daft starts, i dunno.

He must trust him a bit as he's brought him on before Perez in both of the last two, fairly sure it'll be Mitro given the next chance. Unless he goes back to one striker again. Can't see Joselu getting another go now, people are complaining about Joselu but then thought he linked well with Gayle during the last game. So its a bit hindsight hero. Rafa's clearly changing things about upfront to try to make us more potent. Merino's our best answer to most of it anyway.

I'm sure he does ability wise, it his foolishness that Rafa won't trust. Throwing him on 3-0 down is a nothing to lose thing, same as bringing him on when we're winning. It's another thing to trust him from the start though. I hope you're right in Rafa seeing how he linked up the play and was so much better than Joselu, not sure but i really hope so.

Terrible performance. Everything we stood for earlier in the season, especially in the run where we lost 1 in 7 has just evaporated. Being organised defensively, tough to beat et cetera. I know Lascelles being out doesn't help but with him or without him Watford shouldn't be cutting through us at ease at SJP.

This 4-4-2 doesn't work. We should revert back to the 4-2-3-1 which gave us the success we had early season.

Shows how badly the takeover is needed. Watford have over taken us and are better than us. Watford. Any fan of either us or any other club telling us that either Ashley is great, careful what you wish for, better the devil you know or that he's been harshly treated, I genuinely hope dies.

Honestly, if I see Joselu in over Mitrovic next game I will genuinely lose some of the respect I have for our coaching & management team. p*ss poor from them, costing us big time.

Perez in for the s*** Dwight Gayle too, who does literally nothing and adds f*** all to us. Yet is somewhat immune from criticism in some peoples eyes. Mad. Perez does so much more.

Gayles inability to control the ball and get a shot off in the 1st half was as bad as Joselu's air shot.

We're desperate up front and Mitrovic was no better.

8 games without a win has crept up on us and we need a result on Tuesday desperately with Chelsea away on Saturday.

Need to get back to being solid again and abandon 2 up top as well.

Individually piss poor. Tactically piss poor, as well. Overall, a frighteningly inept performance by all involved and I think it's now very clear that we will be in the relegation dogfight come whenever it takes place.

Merino, Hayden, Lascelles, and Atsu need to return ASAP if we are to keep our heads above water. Mitrovic needs to replace Joselu, whilst Jesus Gamez must be played over one of Yedlin or Manquillo- at this stage, preferably over Yedlin (today confirmed that he is in fact a sprinter, not a footballer.....hopeless, and once again shown up 1v1 against a good attacker).

I'm starting to lose the rag now, Ashley has left us in an absolutely appalling position. Un-fucking-forgivable, and the fact that some knobheads in the Gallowgate had the cheek to 'sshh' people starting the 'Get out of our club' chant is utterly embarrassing.

whilst Jesus Gamez must be played over one of Yedlin or Manquillo- at this stage, preferably over Yedlin (today confirmed that he is in fact a sprinter, not a footballer.....hopeless, and once again shown up 1v1 against a good attacker).

No way should Yedlin be dropped before Manquillo

whilst Jesus Gamez must be played over one of Yedlin or Manquillo- at this stage, preferably over Yedlin (today confirmed that he is in fact a sprinter, not a footballer.....hopeless, and once again shown up 1v1 against a good attacker).

No way should Yedlin be dropped before Manquillo

Manquillo is really, really poor, I agree. I think I am too emotional and as a result have over-exaggerated Yedlin's shitness against Manquillo's.

In July we needed a striker and an AM and we still do. You can't skimp on creative or attacking players in this league. Chances are rare in games. You can organise around the other positions with coaching and drilling but for making and creating goals you have to spend the money.

Watford have power and pace and are now super organised. You could see the will drain out of our players when the second goal went in. Could have been 5/6.

We weren't great today and Watford had far too many chances but we created enough to hurt them. If we had a Defoe or a Llorente, these games against the likes of Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, and Huddersfield could well have gone the other way. Our season will hinge on signing a striker, which obviously should have happened in summer and everyone knew that at the time. I think we can get away without any other signings if we get a half decent striker in. If we don't, survival is touch and go, as most of us expected when the transfer window closed. As usual under Ashley, we just have to hope 3 teams are sh*tter than us.

I love Rafa but whatever's gone on between him and Mitro, he has to make a decision now. Either give him a chance, or give a youth player a chance. Gayle's earned the benefit of the doubt on previous form but Joselu has had far more chances than Mitrovic has ever had and shown far less.

First on Match of the Day :lol:

FFS. :lol: I fell asleep this afternoon so wanted to catch MOTD and see just how bad we were. I wanted it to be halfway through the order and given like 10/15 minutes. Not one of their thirty minute piss takes. :lol:

Individually p*ss poor. Tactically p*ss poor, as well. Overall, a frighteningly inept performance by all involved and I think it's now very clear that we will be in the relegation dogfight come whenever it takes place.

Merino, Hayden, Lascelles, and Atsu need to return ASAP if we are to keep our heads above water. Mitrovic needs to replace Joselu, whilst Jesus Gamez must be played over one of Yedlin or Manquillo- at this stage, preferably over Yedlin (today confirmed that he is in fact a sprinter, not a footballer.....hopeless, and once again shown up 1v1 against a good attacker).

I'm starting to lose the rag now, Ashley has left us in an absolutely appalling position. Un-f***ing-forgivable, and the fact that some knobheads in the Gallowgate had the cheek to 'sshh' people starting the 'Get out of our club' chant is utterly embarrassing.

Agreed, the lack of genuine PL quality in this squad is very concerning, 3 or 4 players tops.

It's an oft quoted statistic that newly promoted teams are soon "found out " after a decent start . Everyone's found out that we're toothless and can attack us without fearing much in return . Not so long ago their were those amongst us lauding the fact that we hadn't list heavily. 7 goals shipped in 2 now.