Newcastle United 0-3 Watford - 25/11/2017 - post match gloom from p26

Disco

It's an oft quoted statistic that newly promoted teams are soon "found out " after a decent start . Everyone's found out that we're toothless and can attack us without fearing much in return . Not so long ago their were those amongst us lauding the fact that we hadn't list heavily. 7 goals shipped in 2 now.

Is "newly promoted teams are soon "found out " a statistic ?

It's an oft quoted statistic that newly promoted teams are soon "found out " after a decent start . Everyone's found out that we're toothless and can attack us without fearing much in return . Not so long ago their were those amongst us lauding the fact that we hadn't list heavily. 7 goals shipped in 2 now.

Is "newly promoted teams are soon "found out " a statistic ?

Maybe I'm just misguidingly  quoting the revered TV pundits . But I'm certain that my post should have said "there " and not "their"

Guest neesy111

Just me who's too bitter to watch MOTD when we get dicked? :lol:

Proper pissed off.

Nah, I don't even want to watch any football for the rest of the weekend.

Guest neesy111

Despite all the fouls thought Hughes was really good today.

Baffling how a PL club never took a punt on him sooner, he's been around for ages and has always looked decent.

He's had some shocking injuries recently, I'm a big fan of his but would had been a big risk for someone to sign him, Watford took that risk.

Reminded me of the Fulham (h) game last season, that did.

Their goal came after we got away with a very similar fuck up just before, similar to Fulham iirc. We then proceded to make the same mistake and concede more goals, look totally toothless in attack and in reality were lucky to escape with a 3 goal defeat.

Nobody can escape blame from that, a totally shocking shitshow.

Murphy the only positive from this showing. Worrying that we have neither an attack that will even give the opposition something to concern them , never mind score , nor a keeper to win you the odd point when you're "up against it". Between the two "business ends" is a squad struggling to match the standards required in this league . And when the best manager we could have hoped for is not coming up with any answers it's difficult to see a positive outcome . Even with huge investment any new players would be required to hit the ground running . Hope this is just me panicking but the signs are not good.

Three f***ing nil at home. Four defeats on the spin, only playing one top side out of them. One win in eight.

In deep s*** I fear.

Our squad is weak, need a fit Lascelles and Merino playing. Think the leadership of the former and class of the latter should be enough to keep us safe. A couple of big January signings would hopefully make it comfortably so.

Three f***ing nil at home. Four defeats on the spin, only playing one top side out of them. One win in eight.

In deep s*** I fear.

Our squad is weak, need a fit Lascelles and Merino playing. Think the leadership of the former and class of the latter should be enough to keep us safe. A couple of big January signings would hopefully make it comfortably so.

Lascelles, merino, chancel And Mitro in makes a huge difference imo.

If Joselu keeps his place then serious questions should be asked of Rafa because he is not only utter shit but a total detriment to the team

Joselu will still be starting for WBA, unfortunately. If Mitrovic loves Newcastle that much, he would wind his neck in and do what Rafa tells him to.

You're assuming he isn't ?  I take it you're assuming there's more to it than just not trusting him to stay on the pitch and not get a daft sending off ?

Joselu will still be starting for WBA, unfortunately. If Mitrovic loves Newcastle that much, he would wind his neck in and do what Rafa tells him to.

You're assuming he isn't ?  I take it you're assuming there's more to it than just not trusting him to stay on the pitch and not get a daft sending off ?

Mitro is simply too much of a wild card for Rafa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk