West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 28/11/17 @ 8pm

Stifler

0-0 will do. I don't think we have a right to expect goals, but with Rafa's organisation we should be asking for a clean sheet. Then if we score it's a bonus. Do whatever it takes to stop the goals.

Assuming Lascelles isn't fit I'd go:

Darlow

Yedlin Lejeune Clark Mbemba

Hayden

Shelvey          Merino

Ritchie              Perez        Murphy

Mitro

Assuming Lascelles isn't fit I'd go:

Darlow

Yedlin Lejeune Clark Mbemba

Hayden

Shelvey          Merino

Ritchie              Perez        Murphy

Mitro

Not sure we can get away with 12 players on the pitch, like.

I actually think we'll win :lol:

Its not beyond the realms of possibility if changes are made.

Agreed, I think we have enough to compete with the likes of West Brom as long as we play the right players. I know Lascelles is out, but Merino, Perez & Mitrovic should all be in for me. We all shouted for 442 but clearly it hasn't worked for whatever reason, and despite the fact I respect Rafa for changing it up and giving it a go, I think it's time to revert back to what was working for us before, the 4231. This is also what he knows best and knows how to make the most of with limited resources. Perez is not perfect but you know what you're getting with him and despite the stick he gets, he has created a lot of chances/goals for us this season through his sheer tenacity. We could do with that back in the side. Particularly so, when the players operating in his position currently are having a nightmare.

Regarding Manquillo, he's getting a lot of stick, but honestly I'm not sure what other option Rafa has, for whatever reason he won't play Mbemba there again, so once Dummett is back he may start and you will find people complaining about him as well, perhaps rightly so. Rafa is in a tough situation in numerous positions on the pitch, where we simply don't have any quality or any depth in quality and we're suffering because of it. It's a hard situation he's making harder for himself unfortunately, by persisting with the likes of Joselu & Diame when everyone can see they're hideously out of form or just lacking any real quality.

Still, I'm positive about what's ahead, he will have us appear a more solid unit again as we have already seen at times this season, hopefully we can get our best players (Merino, Lascelles) back to full fitness and kick on over/after the christmas period. Was never going to be easy and we're seeing that now, but we're still probably sitting higher than any of us expected, even at 14th.

i'd ring the changes for this one....

DARLOW

YEDLIN  MBEMBA        CLARK    DUMMETT

HAYDEN    MERINO

MURPHY        PEREZ        RITCHIE

MITRO

Would be having words with Mitro and Ritchie before, telling Mitro to prove that he deserves a place and tell Ritchie it time to step up to the plate and up his game or he'll be out of the team. 

Mbemba, Merino, Mitro and probably Perez surely have to start. Desperate for Lascelles, Atsu and Dummett to be fit again too.

Elliot

Yedlin Lascelles* Clark Mbemba

Hayden Merino

Ritchie            Perez          Murphy

Mitrovic

*Lejeune if not fit.

Tempting to 'rotate' Ritchie for a couple of games