Newcastle United 3-1 Luton Town - 06/01/2018 - post match from p12

Nate

Guest Howaythetoon

Canny result, decent first half scrappy second half. My 4 year old loved it, not so much my 5 year old, crying to go home due to being freezing despite being well wrapped up. Luton fans given there numbers... not impressed. Massive home crowd for this type of game, but zero atmosphere.

Guest Howaythetoon

how did Woodman do overall?

I think he was at fault for their goal and didn’t seem assured, but he’s young and it was his first game.

how did Woodman do overall?

Didn’t have much to do. His error caused their goal, dodgy with the ball when under pressure, decent distribution when not under pressure.

Shouldn’t be judged on this game.

Atmosphere was terrible- Corner/Gallowgate vocal sections were just full of teenagers or families.

Highlight for me was when Luton scored and this spotty teenager lad jumped up and started giving them the wanker sign and the 'c'mon then' gesture with his hands- I thought he was going to fall over he was giving it such an effort :lol:

Anyhow, we got into the 4th Round- fucking yes! :) Someone like MK Dons at home would be sweet. I just think an FA Cup run is so important for the club and people have forgotten how fun or exciting it can be to be involved in it past the bloody 3rd Round!

Also, I thought Woodman was impressive. Really comfortable with the ball at his feet and not scared to play central passes into Merino or Shelvey. His looking kicking was so much better than the other two. But what fucked me off was when he nearly got caught and gave the ball away in the 1st half and the crowd went ballistic, so much of our home support are utter twats man. Delighted for the lad anyway.

Tbf it was alway going to be a bit of a shit atmosphere, given how the majority of our fans we're probably family's going for a day out on the cheap, and the Luton fans we're probably part time fans, that we're just going for the experience.

Atmosphere at cup games will always be shit until the later rounds.

First half was decent. Second poor. But hopefully a win at SJP will breed confidence for the team. Into the 4th round, hopefully we get a good draw. Need to beat Swansea next weekend.

Guest Howaythetoon

Leazes end resembled a crèche.

No atmosphere from our lot at all but a price you have to pay, these bairns are our future support.

That’s where we were, women in front of us foreign with 3 laddies and a possibly a new born bairn in her arms. Good to see to be honest and again that’s a hell of a crowd for this type of match and highlights the huge potential of this club!

Guest Howaythetoon

Slowed the game down, crossing was off, failed to track his man once or twice. He did get into good positions mind to receive a pass and to shoot. Perez, Gayle and Murphy were very lively with some fluid interplay and neat touches.

Just got back. Notes:

Luton were decent, you could see their confidence and they worked hard.

We were carved open a few times in the second half, Hayden being back there probably didn't help.

Manquillo and Murphy had decent games I thought.

Woodman made some basic errors in the first half and Perez was dead frustrating in the second. Merino was terrible, don't know what's up with him.

Entertaining enough game. Enjoyed it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye Merino was very hit and miss, just doesn’t look sharp or even fit. I thought Luton we’re mostly huff and puff and we rarely got out of second gear, but second half they went for it and all credit to them and as average I thought their fans were credit to them for the huge numbers.

Atmosphere was terrible- Corner/Gallowgate vocal sections were just full of teenagers or families.

Highlight for me was when Luton scored and this spotty teenager lad jumped up and started giving them the wanker sign and the 'c'mon then' gesture with his hands- I thought he was going to fall over he was giving it such an effort :lol:

Anyhow, we got into the 4th Round- fucking yes! :) Someone like MK Dons at home would be sweet. I just think an FA Cup run is so important for the club and people have forgotten how fun or exciting it can be to be involved in it past the bloody 3rd Round!

Also, I thought Woodman was impressive. Really comfortable with the ball at his feet and not scared to play central passes into Merino or Shelvey. His looking kicking was so much better than the other two. But what fucked me off was when he nearly got caught and gave the ball away in the 1st half and the crowd went ballistic, so much of our home support are utter twats man. Delighted for the lad anyway.

Agree. It was very clear we were trying to give a nervous young lad some touches of the ball early on, and also to give us some controlled possession - yet the crowd was going mental for him to blare it clear.

Shelvey's yellow really f***ed me off, the lazy c***. Track your man and put in a proper tackle ffs.

Really don't think we should read anything into Woodman's performance, made one good save but looked nervous otherwise.

Murphy had another decent game, needs to keep going.

Sorry for sitting in the corner with the missus, Mistle.