Newcastle United 3-1 Luton Town - 06/01/2018 - post match from p12

Nate

Shelvey's yellow really f***ed me off, the lazy c***. Track your man and put in a proper tackle ffs.

Really don't think we should read anything into Woodman's performance, made one good save but looked nervous otherwise.

Murphy had another decent game, needs to keep going.

Sorry for sitting in the corner with the missus, Mistle.

I honestly thought it was because he was just too slow! He's frighteningly un-athletic tbf- but I agree, stupid yellow card.

And  all is forgiven :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve always said we have two sets of fans in terms of match goers, today showed that. 47k was tremendous!

Guest Howaythetoon

their disallowed goal looked onside to me.

Took the daft t*** half an hour to realise it had been ruled out.

When and what did Shelvey get booked for? Missed that?

Hacked down their player when they were counter attacking. Not sure how their striker didn't get booked for shoving Manquillo into the advertising boards

Nah, it's the utter twats you're seeing there. You have to be a twat of the highest order to go onto "Newcastle Fans TV" owned by Lee Lawler after a game.

Put yourself through the second one if you can bare it. Theres a moment talking about signings, the interviewing chap has to ask him again to repeat the name as it sounds like he says we should sign bullshit  :lol:

About 3:10 onwards

Nah, it's the utter t***s you're seeing there. You have to be a t*** of the highest order to go onto "Newcastle Fans TV" owned by Lee Lawler after a game.

Put yourself through the second one if you can bare it. Theres a moment talking about signings, the interviewing chap has to ask him again to repeat the name as it sounds like he says we should sign bullshit  :lol:

Can't make it past the second "da atmusfeeah woz rokkin" without clicking off it in cringe, sorry. :lol:

Nah, it's the utter t***s you're seeing there. You have to be a t*** of the highest order to go onto "Newcastle Fans TV" owned by Lee Lawler after a game.

Can't make it past the second "da atmusfeeah woz rokkin" without clicking off it in cringe, sorry. :lol:

The first guy is just a madman. Berates Woodman on his debut then calls Perez poor after 2 goals and an assist  :lol:

Few random observations from today's game:

There isn't an ounce of leadership in the team if you take Lascelles out. Clark is probably the closest we have to a leader from the remainder as shown by him bollocking half the team for not getting back quick enough after we nearly gave Luton a goal on the counter.

Perez had a pretty poor game but scored two tap-ins. Mind you, I wish Gayle would score some tap-ins because he doesn't look like scoring at all at the minute.

How they got away with only one booking I have no idea. There were 3 or 4 cynical fouls where an advantage was played and their player should have been booked in the aftermath. Oh and the one where their striker gave Manqullio a shove into the hoardings.

Ritchie was pretty anonymous until the final 20 where Luton started to commit more men forward. He's quickly becoming our least effective winger, as Murphy has come on leaps and bounds now he gets regular minutes.

For all Woodman got caught with a couple of slow clearances, some of the passes he pinged 30 or 40 yards to spread the ball out to the wing were light years ahead of anything Elliot or Darlow can do. Not the finished article but he looks every bit your "modern" goalkeeper and made a couple of decent saves too.

Second half was a struggle, not sure if it was complacency or whether Luton getting the early goal put the shits up us but I wouldn't be in a rush to see Hayden at centre half again any time soon. Has he ever played a game without getting booked?

It was a much stronger team than expected, which is welcomed, I wonder how much of it is down to the supposed "huge bonus" Ashley put up? If it is even real. If there's big bucks up for grabs I don't imagine the senior players would be too delighted if it went up in smoke by playing a weakened team.

Anyway, none of that matters. We're in round 4, relatively easily, let's just see where it goes. We have about 18 average players and 1 or 2 worth protecting so I'd expect us to be able to field fairly strong sides in future rounds without really damaging our survival hopes. The likes of Swansea and Bournemouth have replays to contend with, so not a bad weekend all in all.

The first guy is just a madman. Berates Woodman on his debut then calls Perez poor after 2 goals and an assist  :lol:

:lol: Absolutely baffling how thick some football fans are.

If Terry May had her wits about her and wanted to try and increase her public support, she’d immediately ban football fan TV channels and people making “match day experiences”.

:thup: Genuinely don't understand why some people do it.