Manchester City v Newcastle United - 20/01/2018 @ 17:30 (BT Sport)

Altamullan

If I could choose a time to take this inevitable defeat, I'd pick a date where there's one week to go in the transfer window.

Say we lose 4-0 and there's still no takeover. Would that force Ashley into releasing funds?

Would take a really boring 1-0 loss tbh. Our goal difference is generally better than those around us.

Same as the home game.

play 4-5-1, try and frustrate, stay in the game and if we can't get a point or nick a win make sure we don't get fucking hammered.

:thup:

Yep, play the same as last time and hope for a minor miracle.

I wonder if any of our new signings will play or will Rafa leave them for the week after and give them a chance to settle in

I think this game is going to be even worse now they've finally lost.  The pressure is off for the unbeaten season and there will surely be a bit of a backlash. 

Liverpool had enough quality to press in the right areas, make their error prone defenders, well, make errors :lol: and have pace everywhere in the team. 

Our team is slow as fuck, bar Yedlin and maybe Atsu.  We don't press high and we don't have any attacking quality.  I think we 'might' keep the score respectable'ish, due to us sitting in deep and Rafa getting us organised.  But I don't see much better than a 3 or 4 nil loss. 

It is going to be horrific, like watching Mike Tyson in his prime fight Julian Clary only it won’t be over quickly

Fancy buying my ticket...  :undecided:

Nah... I’m errr...... doing something else that day

Last time when we were beaten 6-1, I thought we were the better team in the first half. Doubt we’ll have many if any periods of being on top this time, but I find keep talking myself into a decent result. Ok, 3-0 would probably count as a decent result!