The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not a fan of the impact Chelsea and Man City have had on football, but there's something especially horrible about PSG and I can't quite put my finger on it.

It's absolutely no different whatsoever to either tbh. Certainly not to Man City, where they're both essentially a soft political tool of an entire country.

Mbappe is incredible to watch. Certainly the most exciting teenager to watch since Messi came through.

I'm not a fan of the impact Chelsea and Man City have had on football, but there's something especially horrible about PSG and I can't quite put my finger on it.

They damage teams? They took Neymar away from Barcelona and I still can't get over it.

Henderson that little bit of play where he intercepted and than ran the ball out of play... that sums up English players. I rate him and he’s a good player, but that touch and technique is missing in our players that isn’t in players from other nations.

It certainly doesn't sum up the next generation of English players that are coming through.

Hopefully not. I’m not up to date on some of the younger players coming through outside of the obvious ones that have already started to emerge so I wouldn’t know. I like Arnold and Gomes for Liverpool mind, they seem quite composed and have a good touch and technique when on the ball which is needed at the highest level.

Have a look on YouTube for Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden, and Mason Mount. All technical players with loads of potential.

I’ll take your word for it, but even so in order for the national team to truly benefit from such a crop of talent and indeed them as individuals they need to play football regularly and in a team or under a manager who encourages their natural game and doesn’t have them running around like headless chickens and flying into tackles.

Watching Silva today, he is obviously a physically competitive player and who works hard, but you rarely see him put in a tackle or chase around after someone or the ball. Compare that to Milner. It’s a side of his game that helps his team and is needed at times, but I’ve always felt it’s last ditch stuff and over compensates for a lack of skill and technique and indeed brains.

If a player like him has time on the ball and space, he looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. Players like Silva with time and space kill you and if they don’t have time or space, their technique, touch and control gets them out of trouble. You don’t see players like him just hoof the ball away because there isn’t a pass on or he’s being closed down quickly.

Bit of a long post and rant I know but it’s a pet hate of mine and allows garbage like Colback and Alan Smith a career and even fan worship. It’s what breeds your Pardew’s and Allardyces.

Silva's (both of them come to think of it) actually the player that Phil Foden reminds me most of.

You're always going on about Phil Foden. Let it go KI, you're never going to meet him

Great goal by Ramsey, all of it.

There's something so pure about when Arsenal score goals like that vs. if Man City got a similar goal for example, Wilshere's a few years ago after a great team move was the same. Its like they're never in full control of what's happening and its totally off the cuff whereas with other teams it seems a bit more pre planned

Guest firetotheworks

Henderson that little bit of play where he intercepted and than ran the ball out of play... that sums up English players. I rate him and he’s a good player, but that touch and technique is missing in our players that isn’t in players from other nations.

It certainly doesn't sum up the next generation of English players that are coming through.

Hopefully not. I’m not up to date on some of the younger players coming through outside of the obvious ones that have already started to emerge so I wouldn’t know. I like Arnold and Gomes for Liverpool mind, they seem quite composed and have a good touch and technique when on the ball which is needed at the highest level.

Have a look on YouTube for Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden, and Mason Mount. All technical players with loads of potential.

I’ll take your word for it, but even so in order for the national team to truly benefit from such a crop of talent and indeed them as individuals they need to play football regularly and in a team or under a manager who encourages their natural game and doesn’t have them running around like headless chickens and flying into tackles.

Watching Silva today, he is obviously a physically competitive player and who works hard, but you rarely see him put in a tackle or chase around after someone or the ball. Compare that to Milner. It’s a side of his game that helps his team and is needed at times, but I’ve always felt it’s last ditch stuff and over compensates for a lack of skill and technique and indeed brains.

If a player like him has time on the ball and space, he looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. Players like Silva with time and space kill you and if they don’t have time or space, their technique, touch and control gets them out of trouble. You don’t see players like him just hoof the ball away because there isn’t a pass on or he’s being closed down quickly.

Bit of a long post and rant I know but it’s a pet hate of mine and allows garbage like Colback and Alan Smith a career and even fan worship. It’s what breeds your Pardew’s and Allardyces.

Silva's (both of them come to think of it) actually the player that Phil Foden reminds me most of.

You're always going on about Phil Foden. Let it go KI, you're never going to meet him

:lol:

They damage teams? They took Neymar away from Barcelona and I still can't get over it.

Teams? They damage football. Whenever some stupidly rich fuck rolls up and throws hundreds of millions at a club, it's basically a cheat code.

I'm always surprised that Paris only have one team in the top tier compared to other big cities such as Madrid, London, Barcelona, Milan, Rome etc

I know there's Paris FC and Red Star but they haven't been in the top tier in my lifetime

Aye that's true forgot about them.

Just with Paris being quite a hot bed of French football talent and obviously a wealthy city I thought Paris FC or Red Star or another Parisien club could cash in on that and produce a top tier team

Berlin and Amsterdam both only have a single top flight team as well.

Aye. Germany's a bit weird, like. Bayern Munich are obviously very good, but other than that, there's little correspondence between city size and quality of the club.

The 10 largest cities are Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Essen and Leipzig. Of those, only Munich and Dortmund have big clubs.

Essen is a particularly bad joke, with Rot-Weiß playing in the same division as the B teams from nearby cities (Düsseldorf, Gladbach, Dortmund).

Teams? They damage football. Whenever some stupidly rich f*** rolls up and throws hundreds of millions at a club, it's basically a cheat code.

The PL is like playing multiplayer Championship Manager, but two of the players have cheats turned on and another four teams have won the lottery.  Meanwhile, your game has crashed and you're permanently stuck with £0 for transfers and all your players have turned shit.