The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I mean it might be the right decision. I still can't decide from the replays I've seen. But honestly, who puts Michael Oliver in charge of a game like this. He's a terrible referee. [emoji38]

Michael Oliver, terrible? Not a chance, he's easily one of the best around.

Hom being one of the best doesn’t mean he can’t been terrible. Refereeing standards these days is a joke.

Homophobic slurs are uncalled for, however you feel about his refereeing ability.

How can people say the pen is even soft ffs? Clear as day it's a pen. Charges straight into the back of him. Arms then body then thigh along with a dodgy leg round the side.

If it was Varane on Higuain everyone would be saying it's stonewall

Yep. Ridiculous to even discuss it.

Guest firetotheworks

I mean it might be the right decision. I still can't decide from the replays I've seen. But honestly, who puts Michael Oliver in charge of a game like this. He's a terrible referee. [emoji38]

Him being one of the best doesn’t mean he can’t been terrible. Refereeing standards these days is a joke.

He's not terrible either, in case that distinction wasn't clear.

How can people say the pen is even soft ffs? Clear as day it's a pen. Charges straight into the back of him. Arms then body then thigh along with a dodgy leg round the side

Don’t worry, you can celebrate with Pardewlover101 later.

Salty bastards! As if Michael Oliver had a choice, the Juve player made contact with the man before getting somewhere near the ball. As far as I'm aware you've never been allowed to tackle from that angle.

pretty much what it comes down to..  and the "story"/love to hate Real Madrid shite

Can't decide if it's a red or not. But sending Buffon off is completely wrong.

You can't get into a refs face like that, bumping into him as well. Ref has zero choice but to give a red. As much as i hated seeing it given as well.

Not seen the incident, but have to say most of not all the big name refs would deserve it, fucking cunts, especiallly the English ones.

Not sure Oliver has done owt wrong tbh. Penalty looks soft but you can't do what Buffon did.

Again, not seen because I don’t have BT Sport, however theirs a number of referee who could be punched in the face and it would be deserved, Oliver being one of them.

Harsh but quite true in some respects.

Don’t get me wrong, further down the leagues and at non-league (like yourself I believe) you need to give the referee as much respect as you can and I’m sure he’ll be as fair as you can. Those at the top though are a different breed. They are just middle class arseholes who do it as a hobby/way into to some sort of self regulated back slapping club and have no respect for the role, sport, players, fans, managers, or clubs.

Hom being one of the best doesn’t mean he can’t been terrible. Refereeing standards these days is a joke.

Homophobic slurs are uncalled for, however you feel about his refereeing ability.

This gem should not be ignored btw.

How can people say the pen is even soft ffs? Clear as day it's a pen. Charges straight into the back of him. Arms then body then thigh along with a dodgy leg round the side.

He was on his way down before the ball gets there man. It won't happen again this season

Yeah. He's getting ready to head it in :lol:

How does he know that Benatia will crash into him if he's diving there? Considering he's clearly looking at the ball.

He was on his way down before the ball gets there man. It won't happen again this season

why's that?

ah cause the first contact was also before the ball was there

y4tzxW3.png

Him being one of the best doesn’t mean he can’t been terrible. Refereeing standards these days is a joke.

He's not terrible either, in case that distinction wasn't clear.

He is when he wants to be, seen him by some obvious decisions wrong just to go along with the Sky 6 bias.

I wanted Juve through for Buffon and nothing else, so I'm gutted about the whole sequence. But I don't know how people can argue it wasn't deserved. Penalty, no matter whether it's soft or not, it's a penalty. And Buffon can't react like that. Shit, but the occasion doesn't change it.

why's that?

ah cause the first contact was also before the ball was there

y4tzxW3.png

Dat trademark.

From the debate on here I was expecting the incident to be more controversial. Having seen the images, and as much as I would enjoy seeing Real get screwed over don't see how you can't give a pen there.

The Buffon red card seems exaggerated though. Ref grandstanding?

Guest neesy111

It's a pen but the player goes down a bit to easy for my liking.  If the defender isn't as rash then chance it might not be given.

This gem should not be ignored btw.

:lol:

And I stand my Michael Oliver being a weak referee.

Yeah. He's getting ready to head it in :lol:

How does he know that Benatia will crash into him if he's diving there? Considering he's clearly looking at the ball.

he barely touched him, he was totally waiting to flop as soon as it came.  How many pens you seen like that this season?

Probably none as you very rarely see someone clattering a player from behind so recklessly in the box. Just look at that photo man.