The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Pogba's a right f***ing knob like.

Pogba is the biggest t*** ever to play the game.

He's just dancing after scoring man like numerous other players do.

He's a bit of a show off, but doesn't come across in a bad way at all. Just a silly dude really.

Everything he does is arrogant as f***. That stupid penalty run up as well.

The penalty run up is terrible for sure. Unacceptable from anyone who does that :lol:

Wouldn't say he was arrogant though. You can see he has a good rapport with his teammates, and celebrates them as much as he does himself.

I've said this before but a lot of football fans can only like (other teams) black players if they're in the Kante mould.

Pogba's a confident lad and likes to dance. For a lot of football fans this makes him a right f***ing knob off rip.

He seems a popular lad among all of his teammates at all of his clubs and the national side. Seems a leader among the French national team. He's only ever fallen out with Jose Mourinho. Not a violent or dirty player. But you know... too confident... too much dancing.... too black.

Maybe a lot of those people are not racist, but just find “dancing” goal celebrations s*** and irritating?  I know i certainly do.

Yea...f***ing weird post from Kaka that like.

Lee Sharpe's celebrations were s****, but it's alreet because he is white?! :lol:

He's a bit of a show off, but doesn't come across in a bad way at all. Just a silly dude really.

The penalty run up is terrible for sure. Unacceptable from anyone who does that :lol:

Wouldn't say he was arrogant though. You can see he has a good rapport with his teammates, and celebrates them as much as he does himself.

I've said this before but a lot of football fans can only like (other teams) black players if they're in the Kante mould.

Pogba's a confident lad and likes to dance. For a lot of football fans this makes him a right f***ing knob off rip.

He seems a popular lad among all of his teammates at all of his clubs and the national side. Seems a leader among the French national team. He's only ever fallen out with Jose Mourinho. Not a violent or dirty player. But you know... too confident... too much dancing.... too black.

Maybe a lot of those people are not racist, but just find “dancing” goal celebrations s*** and irritating?  I know i certainly do.

Lee Sharpe's celebrations were s****, but it's alreet because he is white?! :lol:

Don't think I said anything about dancing or race. Wasn't my post.

Pogba's a right fucking knob like.

Pogba is the biggest twat ever to play the game.

Everything he does is arrogant as fuck. That stupid penalty run up as well.

Pogba's a confident lad and likes to dance. For a lot of football fans this makes him a right fucking knob off rip.

Maybe a lot of those people are not racist, but just find “dancing” goal celebrations shit and irritating?  I know i certainly do.

I never said anyone was racist.

Shit and irritating dancing = biggest twat ever to play the game.  Ok fella.

Pogba's a right fucking knob like.

Everything he does is arrogant as fuck. That stupid penalty run up as well.

Pogba's a confident lad and likes to dance. For a lot of football fans this makes him a right fucking knob off rip.

I think what mostly tips people over the edge is the instagram persona, as he is very flashy.

Once you start flaunting your wealth, most people are going to be sour about it. However, I don't think he is doing it in a mean spirited way. He's just a bit daft. Just copying the musicians/artists he no doubt admires. It's the one thing I would like to see him cut out myself, but like I said, he doesn't appear to be a jerk.

It's sad to say but i'm on Instagram several times a day. Funnily enough, I don't follow Paul Pogba nor do I see his posts. I don't understand how people that don't follow him can care about his "instagram persona". If you don't follow him, you probably won't see it. I can't believe that statement to be true. He's not the President of the US, his social media doesn't make regular news often. If his social media upsets you, you're looking to be upset.

For this post i've visited his Instagram. Didn't see any cars. Lots of haircut pictures. Lots of crap banter. 1 picture he's got a lot of Gucci on. And in a few, he's got a few chains around his neck. THE FLASH BASTARD. Where's this flaunting of wealth you speak of? Based on your comments I was expecting lots of pictures of watches, jewellery and flash cars and loud engines.

He's one of the few characters in the PL and I respect that he's not afraid to be himself and express himself both on and off the pitch. In a sport with genuine knobs, a few of which have played for us and still play for us (Shelvey), he's simply not a problem.

Well personally I love the dancing being an African myself.

To be fair I have only seen the odd post of his from Instagram from others as I am not on there either, so maybe it was the odd one, and it wasn't fair for me to say that. Generally not an Instagram fan, and in truth wish people would chill out with the whole thing, so maybe just a bias of mine coming through.

Really don't have a problem with the guy as my previous posts state. I think he's a decent bloke. Don't think any dislike is a race thing though if I'm being honest.

I've heard similar rants against Ronaldo who does no dancing, but always has his top off and is a bit of a show off to say the least. Think people are generally just drawn to a bit of humility(?). It's why Messi is so immensely popular, as he is so low key, despite his immense talents.

Messi’s really popular because he’s the best footballer ever.

Ronaldo is palpably vain. Takes himself tremendously seriously.  And in the pitch he’s on the verge of being selfish and self centred. There’s actual evidence for some of his negative characteristics. 

You’re doubling down on this humility thing which feeds into the arrogant trope. From what I can tell Pogba doesn’t take himself too seriously at all. He seems confident but also very light hearted, frequently joking with team mates. Getting them involved in his dances. Saw a clip where he looked to have a unique handshake with every team mate. You don’t see that jovial, light hearted and joking nature from your Ronaldos and Neymars.  Whose arrogance can be too much - Neymar especially. 

Zlatan is way more arrogant.  ‘Dare to Zlatan’ loool. Gets half the personal stick.

Messi’s really popular because he’s the best footballer ever.

Ronaldo is palpably vain. Takes himself tremendously seriously.  And in the pitch he’s on the verge of being selfish and self centred. There’s actual evidence for some of his negative characteristics. 

You’re doubling down on this humility thing which feeds into the arrogant trope. From what I can tell Pogba doesn’t take himself too seriously at all. He seems confident but also very light hearted, frequently joking with team mates. Getting them involved in his dances. Saw a clip where he looked to have a unique handshake with every team mate. You don’t see that jovial, light hearted and joking nature from your Ronaldos and Neymars.  Whose arrogance can be too much - Neymar especially. 

Zlatan is way more arrogant.  ‘Dare to Zlatan’ loool. Gets half the personal stick.

Okay, well you clearly feel more strongly about it than I do, which is fair enough.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Pogba will be just fine and ultimately any spite being thrown his way is to detriment of those having ill feeling towards others.

If people just don't like the dancing though, I think they are entitled not to like the dancing. No big deal.

People don't like his dancing, that's fine. But the comments made about him in this thread and by some, in general, is over the top. Then I think to myself, "why does this make you so annoyed? Why does it make you feel this way about this person?"

"Pogba's a right fucking knob like."

"Pogba is the biggest twat ever to play the game."

"Everything he does is arrogant as fuck."

In regards to Pogba himself.  He's an exceptional talent and big character. It helps make him a bigger draw and whatever. But sport is a microcosm of life and society and I don't like what it says about society. And not even on a deep level. I just like seeing confident, fun and expressive people and sports folk - especially when its harmless.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he's a bit of a tit away from football and did try some daft things on the pitch when playing under Mourinho, but also that he's a very good footballer and there's nothing to suggest he was the problem under Mourinho. In terms of debate, unfortunately it's an opinion with neither racist undertones or any accusations of racism, so therefore irrelevant. #JustSayin

Guest firetotheworks

If you're not, I'd still take umbrage reading this as a reply to my post about him being arrogant and having a stupid penalty run up. Not that the post is generally wrong, just that it was brought up out of nowhere in response to fair reasons to dislike someone. But then that's me and not gdm, just an observation.

Don't think I said anything about dancing or race. Wasn't my post.

Sorry :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

If you're not, I'd still take umbrage reading this as a reply to my post about him being arrogant and having a stupid penalty run up. Not that the post is generally wrong, just that it was brought up out of nowhere in response to fair reasons to dislike someone. But then that's me and not gdm, just an observation.

In response to this though:

That's completely ridiculous. We're talking about a game populated by drunk drivers, and rapists. Is Pogba more of a twat than Lee Hughes? I'd argue not like.

I'd have more concerns if that wasn't just an obviously OTT opinion tbh. Kaka goes through hyperbole like that in his sleep. :lol:

Yeah, people say stuff like that all the time. Not me though!  :shifty:

Anyway, I think it is also important to note that a lot of these feelings are tinged with jealousy and pain, as the way things are looking we will likely never see such a player at this club for a while yet.

Everyone on this forum would be delighted if we signed him on the 1st of January, and a good number that hate dancing will no doubt delight in his celebrations everytime he produced on the pitch for the club.

It's just one of those things man. Lets not take these things to heart too much.

In response to this though:

That's completely ridiculous. We're talking about a game populated by drunk drivers, and rapists. Is Pogba more of a twat than Lee Hughes? I'd argue not like.

Aye. I’ve quoted this post of a few times and similar in this vein.

Kaka - nobody is  being emotional, certainly not me.  I’m able to have a discussion about uncomfortable stereotypes without needing people to assert ‘OMG IM NOT RAYCIST’. 

I believe confident black players seem to disproportionately rattle certain types of football fans. I’ve not stated why it rattles them. If I see examples on here I will continue to call it out. He scored a couple goals, does 2 dances and a silly celebration, a handshake = biggest twat ever, a right knob, everything he does is arrogant. So I bring it up as I believe it backs my point. 

Guest firetotheworks

Doubling down on 'calling out' posters who must only have those opinions because the player in question is black then.