The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I still don't think their team is that good

Liverpool? I'd have to agree tbh, it's good but it's not on the level of Man City. Front 3 is good, Van Dijk is obviously one of the best around and they've a few solid full backs, but I think they lack real depth outside of Shaqiri and have a relatively average midfield, particular from a creative standpoint.

Shows Klopp has done a very very good job to have them compete and compete well with a brilliant City side.

Aye, even Origi having to start in such a big game is ridiculous

Guest neesy111

Liverpool? I'd have to agree tbh, it's good but it's not on the level of Man City. Front 3 is good, Van Dijk is obviously one of the best around and they've a few solid full backs, but I think they lack real depth outside of Shaqiri and have a relatively average midfield, particular from a creative standpoint.

Shows Klopp has done a very very good job to have them compete and compete well with a brilliant City side.

Midfield is where they are struggling, it's took Keita and Fabinho longer than expected to adapt to the PL which they will.  Firminho's been poor this season compared to last season especially.

i'm still traumatised by 1996.

Every season i hope that any team that has a big premiership lead goes on to blow it. i'm that bitter.

:thup:

Same. I'll never get over it.

even when they play that season on sky, i only ever watch it half way through.

Every season i hope that any team that has a big premiership lead goes on to blow it. i'm that bitter.

Being 5 points clear with 9 to play for eclipses ours imo.

yup, but try telling the media that.

Exactly. Man Utd & Arsenal have blown big leads with less games than us.

Guest neesy111

Man Utd vs City in 2012 especially.

how big was that and how many games to go?

Guest neesy111

8 points with around 7 games to go.

Aye, even Origi having to start in such a big game is ridiculous

I think Klopp perhaps made a few selection mistakes for them today tbh. I think he looked to players who have derby experience over the players who would more likely win him the game. Origi scoring last derby probably influenced his decision to start him, and bringing on Lallana/Milner over Shaqiri. Imo, if Firmino couldn't start the game, Salah, Mane and Shaqiri should have.

Suppose it's easy to say in retrospect, probably hard not to get dragged into playing the occasion instead of the game.

:thup:

Same. I'll never get over it.

even when they play that season on sky, i only ever watch it half way through.

I can't bare to watch any of it. It's the season I hate more than any.

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool bottleing another title in slow motion.

:lol: Why does it always have to be that teams have bottled things? They've lost one match all season and are up against the best squad the league has ever seen.

This.

They are oncourse for 97 points still.  That isn't bottling a title race ffs.

Surely it doesn't matter how many points they get if they finish second? They were ahead, they're drawing more than the Mackems, they're now behind.

If they now go on to finish second, they've absolutely bottled it. City have been poor lately but have dug out some 1-0 wins rather than draws.

What a load of dribble. This forum has become an absolute joke.

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool in 13/14 is still the ultimate for me and wipes the floor with other options. 6 points clear of Man City (who tbf had a game in hand) with 2 weeks to go.

Guest neesy111

Balotelli, man :lol:

Just scored and got his phone from someone behind the goal and started filming the celebration

Seem to remember Totti doing a selfie in a game.

Liverpool in 13/14 is still the ultimate for me and wipes the floor with other options. 6 points clear of Man City (who tbf had a game in hand) with 2 weeks to go.

City won their game in hand though which was completely out of Liverpool's control so it was really 3 points

So Liverpool will have "bottled" it if they finish second to City, despite City being arguably the best team in the league.

Will City have bottled it if they end up finishing second to Liverpool, considering City is such a stellar team (and also the league's most expensive)?

Interesting to expect multiple teams to win the title.